We work hard each week to produce award winning video content that game enthusiasts find entertaining, humorous and insightful. We also know some of the best producers of web video have yet to be discovered.
The Escapist Film Festival is a talent search where the world's best web video producers compete for the Grand Prize, an exclusive paid contract with The Escapist. The Escapist will host each submission in a video gallery with the top entries prominently displayed. The Grand Prize-winning series will be added to The Escapist's weekly video line-up, which is viewed by millions around the world. For information on how to participate, read below.
- Videos must be no longer than 5:00 minutes in length.
- All actors or participants must be of age, and have consented to appear by filling out and signing a consent form such as THIS ONE. If a participant is not of age, they must have their parent or guardian fill out and sign their consent form. Copies of all participants' consent forms must be made available to Themis Group, Inc. upon request.
- Videos submitted to The Escapist Film Festival must be the exclusive property of the contest entrant and have never before appeared or been broadcast in any form anywhere.
- The contestant hereby grants a non-exclusive, royalty free, world-wide, irrevocable, perpetual license to publish, distribute, sell, and otherwise exploit the Contest Entry in any medium to Themis Group, Inc. The contestant retains all other rights, title, and interest in the Contest Entry.
- Minimum Quality of Entries: If, in the sole determination of the judges, no contest entry is of the quality and standard required for publication on The Escapist, then none of the entrants shall be awarded a contract, and that portion of the prize is waived. All other prizes shall still be delivered.
Other Legal Stuff
By participating in this contest, contestants grant Themis Group, Inc. the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the contestant's name, as news or for public information and education without additional consideration or compensation. Any entry becomes the property of Themis Group, Inc. and will not be returned. Except where otherwise defined by the General Rules of this contest, entrants surrender copyright and all interests therein of their submissions to Themis Group, Inc. with the understanding that the materials may be used for promotional purposes.
Employees of Themis Group, Inc., and its subsidiaries or affiliates, and any family members and/or household members of these employees, are excluded from the contest.
Entrants release Themis Group, Inc. and its respective parent divisions, affiliates, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this giveaway from and against any liability with respect to or in any way arising from this contest and the awarding and use of the prizes.
Tampering with the giveaway in any manner is prohibited. Themis Group, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether the contest has been tampered with. Themis Group, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it suspects or has determined, in its sole discretion, has tampered with the promotion or submitted multiple entries. If Themis Group, Inc. determines that the contest has been tampered with, it reserves the right to terminate the contest without awarding any prizes. Themis Group, Inc. shall not be responsible for any entry not received due to network outages; failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; online failures; hardware, software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances; or any other communications or transmission failure.
Participation in any part of the Themis Group, Inc.'s "4th Annual The Escapist Film Festival" implies an understanding and acceptance of these rules and regulations.
Void where prohibited.