The Escapist Background Contest
Have you ever wanted the power to create your very own background for The Escapist website? Of course you have. We know, because you tell us all the time! So, in light of your prodding, pleas and occasional animal sacrifice, we're happy to announce the first ever Escapist Background Contest.
From now until April 20th, designers, drawers and doodle dabblers of all kinds are welcomed to submit their artistic offspring for consideration. After sorting through it all, we'll present the best creations to you for a vote. If your work is among the top submissions, we will add it to the list of browsing options in The Escapist user profile.
Plus, if you win, you get a spiffy new mystery badge!
How to Enter
- You must be a registered member of The Escapist.
You can sign up for your free account by clicking here, or
Login with Facebook.
- Complete the form below, including your artwork in the 'Image File' field.
- Users have 2 weeks to submit artwork
- Enter as often as you want, but each submission must be different.
- After your first submission, please send all additional work to email@example.com
- Images should be formatted as compressed JPEGs. Dimensions must be 1920px X 1200px. Leave a 1000px centered blank space, starting 110px from the top of the page, in order to accommodate the site's body.
- Submissions not meeting these requirements will not be eligible.
- DO NOT USE COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS. We will not be able to host your image if it infringes upon somebody's copyright, so please take care.
- You will not receive financial compensation for your submission, and winning submissions become property of The Escapist.
- Use good taste. We do enjoy humor, but please refrain from submitting pornographic or similarly obscene images that might be in conflict with the site's rules.
- Contest submissions will be accepted starting Friday, April 6 at 12:00 EDT. All submissions must be in no later than Friday, April 20th at 12:00 EDT for a chance to win.
- Beginning Wednesday April 25th a set of background options will be presented for the community to vote on. Voting will last until Friday, April 27th.
- If your artwork is among the top user voted pieces, it will be added to the static list of site backgrounds located in The Escapist's user profile browsing options.
- You will be presented with a unique badge, indicating your artistic contribution to The Escapist community.
The contest has ended!
Thanks for your interest, but this contest is now over. Keep checking The Escapist for more contests and giveaways in the future.
ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED STARTING ON APRIL 6, 2012 AT 12:00PM EDT AND CLOSE APRIL 20, 2012 AT 12:00PM EDT.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. MUST BE AGE 13 OR OLDER TO ENTER.
MATERIALS/RIGHTS TO SUBMISSIONS. Each Entrant agrees and acknowledges that all right, title and interest in and to the entry, and any materials or information supplied by Entrant to Sponsor in relation to the Contest (collectively the "Materials"), including without limitation any and all intellectual property rights therein, are irrevocably assigned to Sponsor and Entrant retains no rights whatsoever therein. Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Materials as it deems appropriate for any use as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the right to publish, promote, advertise and otherwise exploit the Materials in any way, in any media throughout the world now known or herein after devised, without any compensation to the Entrant. Entrant further understands and agrees that the "look and feel" of their entry may vary from the original Materials due to any such adaptations and modifications as set forth above. Entrant agrees to do all things and execute all documentation necessary to effect the assignment and/or waiver herein described. The Entrant acknowledges that SPONSOR OR ITS ASSIGNS MAY COMMERCIALLY EXPLOIT THE MATERIALS WITHOUT LIABILITY OR ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION OF ANY KIND TO THE ENTRANTS. By entering this Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that (i) he/she is the person that submitted their entry using The Escapist contest page, (ii) he/she is legally able to enter into this Contest and does not live in a jurisdiction that prohibits this Contest, and (iii) agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates and their employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives, harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of any breach by Entrant of the representations and warranties set forth in subsection (i) and (ii) above. The entry becomes the property of The Sponsor and will not be returned.
USE OF PARTICIPANT, ENTRANT & WINNER NAME AND LIKENESS. Except where legally prohibited, by participating in the Contest, all Participants, Entrants and Winners grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under their authority to use his/her name, alias, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes without consent or additional compensation.
Employees of Themis Media, and their subsidiaries or affiliates, and any family members and/or household members of these employees, are excluded from the contest.
Entrants release Themis Media and its respective parent divisions, affiliates, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest from and against any liability with respect to or in any way arising from this contest and the awarding and use of the prizes.
Tampering with the contest in any manner is prohibited. Themis Media reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether the contest has been tampered with. Themis Media reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it suspects or has determined, in its sole discretion, has tampered with the promotion or submitted multiple entries. If Themis Media determines that the contest has been tampered with, it reserves the right to terminate the contest without awarding any prizes. Themis Media shall not be responsible for any entry not received due to network outages; failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; online failures; hardware, software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances; or any other communications or transmission failure.