The Escapist Film Festival
The Escapist presents the second annual The Escapist Film Festival.
This October, The Escapist will present the best amateur and user-created videos from around the web, and one lucky film maker will receive a grand prize of an exclusive talent contract with The Escapist.
Last year's Film Festival winner, Chris Slack, went on to produce one of The Escapist's premiere video series de-rez. This year's winner could be the next internet video sensation. Stay tuned to The Escapist in the month of October for the premier of our Film Festival and throughout November for the presentation of our newest video star!
If you're a video creator and want to contribute a film to The Escapist's 2nd Annual Film Festival, follow these instructions:
To submit your video, visit the following submission page: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/submit/68. You will be asked to enter your Title, Description and Tags. Upon completion, you will be forwarded to an upload page. Browse for your file and click "Upload". Once your video is submitted, you will be notified if there were any errors and asked to submit it again. If there aren't any errors, your video was successfully submitted. Failure to enter any of these properly will result in automatic dismissal.
What are we looking for?
- Subject - Is the subject matter interesting to readers of The Escapist?
- Creativity - Is it fresh and unique?
- Longevity - Will this remain funny/interesting/relevant over time?
- Polish - Make it shine, people!
What are we NOT looking for?
- Nudity - Just. Don't. Do. It. We beg you.
- Copyrighted material - Stealing is naughty.
- Sex acts (simulated or actual) - See above nudity clause.
- Commercial advertisements - Yawn.
- From the suits - Acts prohibited under law in any national, state or local jurisdiction in which The Escapist website may be viewed.
After you've created your masterpiece, upload the video on our site to our video player no later than noon ET on November 14th. Winners will be announced the week of November 17th.
And some general rules for your video-creating pleasure:
- Videos must be no longer than 5:00 minutes in length.
- All actors or participants must be of age, and have consented to appear by filling out and signing a consent form such as THIS ONE. If a participant is not of age, they must have their parent or guardian fill out and sign their consent form. Copies of all participants' consent forms must be made available to Themis Media upon request.
- Videos submitted to The Escapist Film Festival must be the exclusive property of the contest entrant and have never before appeared or been broadcast in any form anywhere.
- All videos submitted to The Escapist become property of The Escapist. The Escapist reserves all rights to publication, re-publication and distribution.
- Minimum Quality of Entries: If, in the sole determination of the judges, no contest entry is of the quality and standard required for publication on The Escapist, then none of the entrants shall be awarded a contract, and that portion of the prize is waived. All other prizes shall still be delivered.
1st Prize - Content deal with The Escapist
2nd Prize - $250 vendor gift certificate**
3rd Prize - $100 vendor gift certificate***
Be sure to also enter into The Escapist and BAWLS Guarana Commercial Challenge before November 19th for a chance to win a Year's Supply of BAWLS Guarana Caffeinated Drink!
The contest has ended!
Thanks for your interest, but this contest is now over. Keep checking The Escapist for more contests and giveaways in the future.
By participating in this contest, contestants grant The Escapist the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the contestant's name, as news or for public information and education without additional consideration or compensation. Any entry becomes the property of The Escapist and will not be returned. Entrants surrender copyright and all interests therein of their submissions to The Escapist with the understanding that the materials may be used for promotional purposes.
Employees of The Escapist Corp, and its subsidiaries or affiliates, and any family members and/or household members of these employees, are excluded from the contest.
Entrants release The Escapist and its respective parent divisions, affiliates, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this giveaway from and against any liability with respect to or in any way arising from this contest and the awarding and use of the prizes.
Tampering with the giveaway in any manner is prohibited. The Escapist reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether the contest has been tampered with. The Escapist reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it suspects or has determined, in its sole discretion, has tampered with the promotion or submitted multiple entries. If The Escapist determines that the contest has been tampered with, it reserves the right to terminate the contest without awarding any prizes. The Escapist shall not be responsible for any entry not received due to network outages; failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; online failures; hardware, software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances; or any other communications or transmission failure.
Participation in any part of the The Escapist Film Festival implies an understanding and acceptance of these rules and regulations.
Void where prohibited.