Early screening of Justice League deem it 'unwatchable'

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

^well if that isn't the biggest example of the pot calling the kettle black I've seen on the net I don't know what is?

You guys are just begging me to come back to debating this are you?

I am just gonna say, DC heroes are cooler than Marvel heroes to me even before the whole Cinematic Universe became a thing.

DC heroes look like heroes, Marvel heroes are all a bunch of mutants.

And I mostly hate most of the Marvel heroes because they all are lame looking. Wolverine has the lamest superpower of just growing claws in his hands, and Storm, apperently re-arranging someone's DNA can some how grant her the ability of weather control, and what the fuck can Rogue do, because all she can do is drain the energies of people. She's a biological weapon that needs to be quarentined and I absolutely hate Iron Man, or I hate Robert Downey Jr. playing as Iron Man.

All I liked from Marvel was Hulk and Spiderman, but now I dislike Spiderman and Hulk is all I have left and I don't like the actor playing as him.

But I am not gonna cut DC any slack because I am pissed at them for thier as of now obssession with Batman.

The are so focused on making or trying to make so many quality Batman things that every other Hero in the DC roster is left on the shelf collecting dust, and its entirely the fault of the Dark Knight trilogy, because of how ridiculously successful the Dark Knight movies was Batman has been into the cultural zeitgeist more than ever before. He's been getting the most video games, he's getting the most animated movies as of late, he's practically the defacto leader of the Justice League in the upcoming movie.

And it especially makes me angry as a guy that prefers Superman who should be the face of DC and not Batman and I don't give a fuck that DC stands for Detective Comics.

Samtemdo8:

I am just gonna say, DC heroes are cooler than Marvel heroes to me even before the whole Cinematic Universe became a thing.

And I mostly hate most of the Marvel heroes because they all are lame looking. Wolverine has the lamest superpower of just growing claws in his hands, and Storm, apperently re-arranging someone's DNA can some how grant her the ability of weather control, and what the fuck can Rogue do, because all she can do is drain the energies of people. She's a biological weapon that needs to be quarentined and I absolutely hate Iron Man, or I hate Robert Downey Jr. playing as Iron Man.

All I liked from Marvel was Hulk and Spiderman, but now I dislike Spiderman and Hulk is all I have left and I don't like the actor playing as him.

All of them look like heroes. Both of them have heroes that can be seen as iconic symbols to everyone. Marvel's heroes aren't always mutants.

"Wolverine has the lamest superpower of just growing claws in his hands"
He grows claws, he is immortal, has the instincts of a wolverine animal. How is that lame? I don't give shit to Superman for being all powerful since I like both him and Wolverine.

What's wrong with Storm controlling the weather? They're called comic books! Do you think I want a dark, realistic and gritty version of Plastic Man?

Rogue is a character who is suffering from a curse that she is wanting to get over and live a normal life just like the rest of the X-Men. Yes, powers are both a blessing and a curse. Human nature is flawed. The sky is blue.

I don't get your distaste. Your reasons in your excuses seem so baseless. Actually explain instead of saying this is lame without a good explanation.

Samtemdo8:
But I am not gonna cut DC any slack because I am pissed at them for thier as of now obssession with Batman.

The are so focused on making or trying to make so many quality Batman things that every other Hero in the DC roster is left on the shelf collecting dust, and its entirely the fault of the Dark Knight trilogy, because of how ridiculously successful the Dark Knight movies was Batman has been into the cultural zeitgeist more than ever before. He's been getting the most video games, he's getting the most animated movies as of late, he's practically the defacto leader of the Justice League in the upcoming movie.

And it especially makes me angry as a guy that prefers Superman who should be the face of DC and not Batman and I don't give a fuck that DC stands for Detective Comics.

I like Batman, but I'm sick of him being the focus.

See the problem with DC is that they forgot what made the Dark Knight trilogy work. Not because of being dark or gritty; its called a good script, great characters or understanding the philosophy of the character.

And I haven't seen you in awhile Natemans and now you come out of the shadows the moment I talk about Superheroes?

circularlogic88:
I like Marvel movies because they have characters with characterization. They're not all particularly deep or meaningful, but I can usually get where they're coming from. The plots don't usually take big risks or deviate from their master plan. But at the end of the day I would rather watch Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 before I would ever want to watch MoS or BvS again.

Marvel figured out around the time of The Avengers what their formula was, and it works because Marvel movies are essentially character pieces. They're either the study of a specific character in a solo movie or a chance to watch one or more of these larger-than-life personalities bounce off of each other. And especially in the solo movies they try to match tone to character. The first Captain America movie was like a Howard Hawkes war flick with superpowers, while Winter Soldier was more of a spy thriller. Ant-Man was a heist movie. Iron Man films are unapologetic summer blockbusters. Guardians of the Galaxy is free-wheeling science fantasy like a more anarchic take on the Star Wars aesthetic.

DC haven't figured out what they want to do with these movies. Suicide Squad had potential in that DC recognized there's a lot of strength in their rogues gallery, but the schizophrenic production cycle, slap-dash editing and flat writing turned it into a mess of conflicting tones and ideas.

Of course, they also made the mistake of betting too much money on Zack Snyder as director. Snyder has an excellent eye for visuals, composition and movement. But like Michael Bay, he's a slave to his eye. He creates these really cool-looking cinematic moments, but continually fails to provide the narrative connective tissue that would have made us give a shit about them. His boner for Ayn Rand isn't helping any, either.

Natemans:

Samtemdo8:

All of them look like heroes. Both of them have heroes that can be seen as iconic symbols to everyone. Marvel's heroes aren't always mutants.

"Wolverine has the lamest superpower of just growing claws in his hands"
He grows claws, he is immortal, has the instincts of a wolverine animal. How is that lame? I don't give shit to Superman for being all powerful since I like both him and Wolverine.

What's wrong with Storm controlling the weather? They're called comic books! Do you think I want a dark, realistic and gritty version of Plastic Man?

Rogue is a character who is suffering from a curse that she is wanting to get over and live a normal life just like the rest of the X-Men. Yes, powers are both a blessing and a curse. Human nature is flawed. The sky is blue.

I don't get your distaste. Your reasons in your excuses seem so baseless. Actually explain instead of saying this is lame without a good explanation.

Sametemdo is literally the worst at arguing. He thinks he knows shit about comic books when he really doesn't.

I don't see how we're still on topic, folks.

Souplex:

Silentpony:
Massive recuts and edits are being undertaken. This isn't good. Suicide Squad failed miserably because of edits from the suits and now it looks like Justice League is falling to the same butcher's block.

Wrong, Suicide Squid (Intentional misspelling, not typo) was recut because it was terrible. It failed because you can't polish a turd.
What did people expect?
It was handled most of the way by the hack behind Man O' Steel, and Bateman V. Ubermensch V. Board of Education, and then the rest of the way by the guy who turned what should have been exciting superhero crossovers into a dumb action movie with terrible connective tissue.

I believe 2 gentlemen named Adam and Jamie might disagree with you

Samtemdo8:

You know who's really lame? Superman. He can fix literally everything and his only weakness is a green space rock that (from what I've seen) either turns him into a wimpy, easy-to-beat dipstick or kills him. That's fucking boring (and yet Snyder still had the gall to him a Mopey Dick).

Characters with limits and weaknesses are good, from a writing standpoint, because there's actually stakes. Superman has no stakes unless there's Kryptonite. The same can be said of the Martian Manhunter and fire. And having characters walk around with a stick up their arse all the time isn't fun either. It's just pretentious and irritating.

Also:

Wolverine = Adamantium skeleton, claw-like bone defects, self-healing
Storm = controls the weather, but that's powerful enough
Rogue = Her touch kills people while healing her, super strength, flight

I don't even read comics and I know that. Seriously, stop acting like you're the bastion of all comic book knowledge.

Rangaman:

Samtemdo8:

You know who's really lame? Superman. He can fix literally everything and his only weakness is a green space rock that (from what I've seen) either turns him into a wimpy, easy-to-beat dipstick or kills him. That's fucking boring (and yet Snyder still had the gall to him a Mopey Dick).

Characters with limits and weaknesses are good, from a writing standpoint, because there's actually stakes. Superman has no stakes unless there's Kryptonite. The same can be said of the Martian Manhunter and fire. And having characters walk around with a stick up their arse all the time isn't fun either. It's just pretentious and irritating.

Also:

I don't even read comics and I know that. Seriously, stop acting like you're the bastion of all comic book knowledge.

Top 10 Superman Comic Books:

Samtemdo8:

Rangaman:

Samtemdo8:

Also:

Top 10 Superman Comic Books:

Even I agree with this. Superman is an all-powerful hero, but he can be an influential figure to many in helping the world. This quote from Secret Origin by Geoff Johns pretty much sums up my point.

"I want you to stop looking for a great savior. Lex Luthor isn't it. I'm not it. You are. All of you are. I do what I do because I was given a gift, but all of you were given gifts, too. Use them to make each other's lives better. Show the world that Metropolis has a heart."

Rangaman:

Samtemdo8:

Also:

I agree with everything except the issues on Superman and Martian Manhunter.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked