He is number one but it's beaten cancer

So, some news regarding Stefan Karl Stefansson, the actor who played Robbie Rotten on LazyTown. For people who aren't aware, Stefan has been undergoing treatment for cancer. Despite several surgeries it didn't look good.

However, in a recent interview with the RUV Stefan has revealed that Doctor's have managed to remove all current cancerous tumours in his body (Source: reddit). While it is too early to say if the cancer is gone for good it appears for now that things are looking up for Stefan.

EDIT: Apparently the Escapist doesn't like accents on the letters.

Jesus, do people outside of Europe even know about Lazy Town?

Anyway, good on him! May he live to fight Sportacus another day.

Awesome! I was worried there for a while, and thought he was done for. Glad to see he's all right.

PsychedelicDiamond:

I see lots of memes that are apparently from it. Never heard of it otherwise.

PsychedelicDiamond:

They've had three waves of memes. Probably helped that due to its nature it was picked up by networks in all the major English speaking countries.

PsychedelicDiamond:

Yeah, I saw it when I was younger. Saw it, thought "Those puppets look FUCKING TERRIFYING" and never watched it again. "We're Number One" is popular for meme status as well, and Robbie Rotten has been compared to Jousuke from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because of similar hair styles, adding to the memes.

Still, I like the guy and I'm glad he's doing well.

He is number one.

Is this memes? I think it's memes. Hey, you, is this memes?
Hey. HEY! Is it? Memes? Yeah, memes. I think this is memes but I'm not sure. Someone tell me, is this memes?

...is this memes?

Silentpony:
Is this memes? I think it's memes. Hey, you, is this memes?
Hey. HEY! Is it? Memes? Yeah, memes. I think this is memes but I'm not sure. Someone tell me, is this memes?

...is this memes?

*Hands you a small metal sphere*

A gift of peace...in all good faith.

OT: I've never heard of this, but I'm glad he's beating cancer, just the same.

PsychedelicDiamond:

I mean, when I first saw it, I thought it was a weird Canadian thing, so... xD

Anywho, WOO! I actually enjoyed the first run of Lazy Town, even though I was definitely too old for it. xD

PsychedelicDiamond:

I was out of that age demographic when it aired in America, but I remember it being pretty huge for my brother and sisters generation. And of course, there are also the multiple memes that have since went viral on internet culture.

OT: Good for him, I hope he does well.

A few people here asking if Americans know about Lazytown. I'm an American, and I watched a ton of the show when I was younger, along with my siblings. Robbie was actually my favorite character, he just seemed to have way more room for personality than the other characters.

PsychedelicDiamond:

We have it in Argentina. I'm aware of it because an ex's kid brother was super into it.

In Turkey, I know him from Lazy Town and i often see memes about him. Anyway, that's good news for him and for everyone who watched him. May god give him long life..

PsychedelicDiamond:

I've heard of it, mostly because of the pirate song which has achieved meme status.

PsychedelicDiamond:

We had it in Australia. I was told old to ever know much about it but there was enough zeitgeist around it for an uncaring 20 year old to know about it. That and In The Night Garden which I have watched an episode of. I can never get that time back and feel dumber for seeing it

Pretty sure LazyTown is a heavily internationally known thing. Anyway, I'm glad Stefan beat it for now. I was a good bit too old for LazyTown when it became popular but it's made some great meme material.

You don't beat cancer. You brutalize your body and pray that cancer leaves you alone.

Cancer's a bitch.

Not a fan of Lazy Town (or anything meant for really young kids), but that's good to hear, at least. Cancer is a bitch, and it's good to hear someone beat it.

Canadamus Prime:

PsychedelicDiamond:

I've heard of it, mostly because of the pirate song which has achieved meme status.

I know that song! ...the Alestorm cover is way better IMHO.

trunkage:
In The Night Garden which I have watched an episode of. I can never get that time back and feel dumber for seeing it

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read that. Time always moves on, no matter how bad the experiences of life have been.
"Upsy-Daisy!"

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here