What the hell happened to the Escapist?

Pages PREV 1 2

Well, The Escapist is officially trying to be Buzzfeed.

Saelune:
The Escapist is officially trying to be Buzzfeed.

And the reason why will shock you!

Seriously, though, I happen to like Buzzfeed, and I didn't generally take the articles here too seriously at the best of time.

Thaluikhain:

Saelune:

Seriously, though, I happen to like Buzzfeed, and I didn't generally take the articles here too seriously at the best of time.

Outright fake news is not ok. Its dumb, and not even funny. Even worse are all the people who think that because some people dont laugh at every little joke in the world that they lack humor. Its arrogant and petty.

Redlin5:

Neonbob:

Redlin5:
There's no budget and no tech team. We're on a wing and a prayer.

And we were almost there. Such a shame.
I don't see very many posters from my age around anymore. I imagine we all grew up and simply moved on from a site that was lefton its own by a parent company that decided to just let it drift until it sank.

Souplex:

Neonbob:

I don't see very many posters from my age around anymore. I imagine we all grew up and simply moved on from a site that was lefton its own by a parent company that decided to just let it drift until it sank.

I'm too stubborn to ever leave.

^^^ THIS

Although for different reasons I suspect.

I'm logging on more often, now that I'm surrounded by the corpses of the fallen userbase.

blue heartless:

Redlin5:

Neonbob:

Souplex:
I'm too stubborn to ever leave.

^^^ THIS

Although for different reasons I suspect.

I'm logging on more often, now that I'm surrounded by the corpses of the fallen userbase.

Redlin5:

Low-content image-only post. Reporting you to the mods.
Wait...

You da mods.

Marter:

Redlin5:
Snip

Wait...

You da mods.

Ah ha that's Backseat moderating!

Get em' Redlin5 now's your chance!

Dr.Susse:

I was a mod before both of y'all; you're not allowed to mod me!

Marter:

Dr.Susse:

I was a mod before both of y'all; you're not allowed to mod me!

THEMILKMAN:

Hazy992:
I don't why they just shut the Escapist down at this point, it's on life-support. It can't be making money

Which makes me wonder how the Hell they're keeping Yahtzee on board. With the news articles all but dead now his videos are literally the only draw the site has. And if you're willing to wait a week you can just watch them on Youtube anyway.

I assume he's just stuck into his contract for now so he can't go anywhere, or maybe Defy have to honor his contract so he's still getting paid even if the site makes no money

SolidState:
It's fine.

Haha. Yes though. Unless you want early Yahtzee like me there is not point in being here anymore. The spam though. More so the inability to manage it. I like personality tests though even in I still hold it against them for calling Spec Ops: The Line an FPS. Maybe look up your source material better before pumping out test after test.

Marter:

Redlin5:

Wait...

You da mods.

Silly boy.

Everyone knows the mods are above the law!

Saelune:

Thaluikhain:

Saelune:

Outright fake news is not ok. Its dumb, and not even funny. Even worse are all the people who think that because some people dont laugh at every little joke in the world that they lack humor. Its arrogant and petty.

Show me on this doll where the mean girls with beanies and lattes touched you.

DeffoNotAnAltAccount:
the writer of Garwulf's Corner. I like his articles but I figure the only reason for keeping Marks around is that he has blackmail on somebody or somebody forgot he still works here and his pay is just issued automatically.

And now he's gone as well.

Kahani:

DeffoNotAnAltAccount:
the writer of Garwulf's Corner. I like his articles but I figure the only reason for keeping Marks around is that he has blackmail on somebody or somebody forgot he still works here and his pay is just issued automatically.

And now he's gone as well.

Shame. He wrote good stuff and helped fill the void of being a cultural critic that was left open by the firing of Robert Rath. Hope he does well in his future ventures.

Everything changed...when the Pro-lolREAP Snowflakes attacked.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here