Im about to get hit by Nate...

As a full time lurker I just wanted to say I will miss you guys once my power goes out and to everyone one else who is in the path of Nate stay safe.

We love you fam. Get to your basement if you have one.

Stay safe. And I mean that to everybody, none of you fuckers die on me. XD

Leg End:

Erm, dont basements tend to get flooded in those situations?

Stay safe my dude!

And to anyone else that's going to get hit by Nate, find shelter and safety, fam!

gigastar:

Leg End:

I have no idea.

Leg End:

gigastar:

Leg End:

I have no idea.

Well, considering we recently saw Irma hit Florida and the streets were awash with water due to storm surge, I would imagine a basement unless it's hermatically sealed (or you're on some serious high ground with good drainage on your house to lower areas) is a bad place to be...

Seriously, good luck to you, your family, your friends and work colleagues. Hell... everyone in that things path. :(

BreakfastMan:
Stay safe. And I mean that to everybody, none of you fuckers die on me. XD

But seriously, be safe out there.

Stay safe. On the plus side, Nate's a Category 1. It's still dangerous, make no mistake about that, but so long as you're prepared and careful, it should be perfectly manageable.

Is this the worse hurricane season ever?

Veldie:
As a full time lurker I just wanted to say I will miss you guys once my power goes out and to everyone one else who is in the path of Nate stay safe.

Where are you located? I'm in North Alabama and the rain is already pouring in!

There are times when I hate living where I am, but then shit like earthquakes and hurricanes and massive wild fires and lots of tornadoes and huge river/lake floods and...

Yeah, nah, I'm good.

Boring as fuck little town, but sometimes that's a damn good thing.

Best wishes to all of you as the storm hits. Hopefully this is the most mild of them.

Good Luck. Be careful.

There sure are a lot of hurricanes.

Marik2:
Is this the worse hurricane season ever?

Not yet it isn't. It's in the top 10 by the measure of Accumulated Cyclone Energy, and at the current rate we might actually see this year beat 2005's record of 15 major (Category 3+) hurricanes for the season, but the season hasn't beaten the records just yet. That being said, 2017 has set the record for most active month on record (September).

Basement Cat:

Veldie:

Where are you located? I'm in North Alabama and the rain is already pouring in!

Im in Mobile Alabama. Thankfully I didn't loose power for very long it was mostly flickering.

Good to hear you're okay.

Heard it downgraded when it hit Alabama, and that it didn't do much damage.

Glad to heard that you and Basement Cat are fine because you never know anymore with these fucking things.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here