7.9% (6)
7.9% (6)
I don't care to speculate
9.2% (7)
9.2% (7)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Justice League

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

So with Justice League's history (Directed by the guy who did Man O' Steel and Bateman V. Ubermensch V. Board of Education, multiple re-writes and re-shoots, second director taking over midway, being a DC movie that isn't Wonder Woman) it seems like it's doomed.
But how doomed is it?

You...do realize there's an identical thread to this a few posts down, right?

Anyway, voted "adequate." I don't think the reshoots are going to help, but apart from BvS, I can't call any DCEU film bad (or good, admittedly), so "adequate" seems like the way to go. My guess is that it's going to be on the level of Suicide Squad - a bit of a mess, but still fun.

Its gonna be a CGI fest with probably a really unfocused plot but I think I could still enjoy it well enough. My expectations are already really low anyway.

Bad, but whatever's left of Terrio's Script and Snyder's direction will be a sad reminder of how much better it could have been.

Bob_McMillan:
Its gonna be a CGI fest with probably a really unfocused plot but I think I could still enjoy it well enough. My expectations are already really low anyway.

...so it'll be a blockbuster superhero movie?

Well seeings how it was deemed Unwatchable AFTER all the edits and reshoots, I ain't holding out hope...

Silentpony:
Well seeings how it was deemed Unwatchable AFTER all the edits and reshoots, I ain't holding out hope...

Wait, really?
I thought it was deemed unwatchable, reshooting began, Snyder left due to family drama, and Whedon too over mid-reshoot.

I voted adequate, but that's mainly because I think it will end up like Suicide Squad or Man of Steel: people will argue that it's flaws aren't flaws, but genius writing, and others will only be able to see the flaws.

Now, both of those are bad movies (and no, there is no "genius" to any of the DCCU movies so far), but they are passable for what they are; misguided attempts at redesigning characters with no real interest in what makes the characters interesting in concept.

My theory is that this will be Avengers with more slow-mo fight scenes, and no small amount of retconning.

Now, with Geoff Johns taking the Feige role at DC, I have high hopes that the movies will at least improve from here.

::PS::
There's also no genius in Marvel movies, but they do give off a sense that they respect the concepts of the characters for the most part so far.

Bad but with merits. I feel overall it'll be a turd but it will probably have some scenes that are fun or dialogue that actually works

Silentpony:

Quite possibly because of the reshoots imo. Hacking what might have been a sequential story into a jerky, hopping mess

I would love nothing more for it be surprisingly good. All I want is for WB/DC to get their heads out of their collective asses and actually put some characters (other than Wonder Woman) up on screen that somewhat resemble their comic book versions. They have decades of wonderful stories to pull from and yet we end up with crap like BvS and Suicide Squad.

The trailers I've seen have not been encouraging. The movie looks like a CGI mess with the actors being the only real things in it. That being said, I think they are trying to course correct and I'm sure the success of WW has the execs thinking a little harder about their decisions thus far. I hope it's good but I'm prepared to stay away until we get some reviews and such. I'm not going to bother getting excited for these movies anymore.

I think it'll be workable and quite fun, but won't turn around the DC cinematic universe.

So, worse than Avengers 1, but better than Avengers 2.

As someone who kinda liked Man of Steel, really liked Wonder Woman, and didn't see the other 2 DC movies, I can't imagine it being anything better than very bad, based on the trailers. It just looks so dim and pointless. Its full of characters we haven't even met yet in what is supposed to be an Avengers-style team up movie. How can I care about unknown people fighting a faceless villain in a non-descript dark warehouse?

kitsunefather:
I voted adequate, but that's mainly because I think it will end up like Suicide Squad or Man of Steel: people will argue that it's flaws aren't flaws, but genius writing, and others will only be able to see the flaws.

Now, both of those are bad movies (and no, there is no "genius" to any of the DCCU movies so far), but they are passable for what they are; misguided attempts at redesigning characters with no real interest in what makes the characters interesting in concept.

My theory is that this will be Avengers with more slow-mo fight scenes, and no small amount of retconning.

Now, with Geoff Johns taking the Feige role at DC, I have high hopes that the movies will at least improve from here.

There's also no genius in Marvel movies, but they do give off a sense that they respect the concepts of the characters for the most part so far.

I wouldn't celebrate Johns coming on board just yet. He's one of the people responsible for screwing up the comics side of the DCU

It's likely going to be a terrible movie that makes a lot of money.

I mean, I hope it's going to be good, but I'm not putting the cash down for it. I've never felt like I was missing out not seeing BvS.

Caught the most recent trailer while seeing Thor: Ragnarok, and I was...unenthused.

Which may be a good thing? I was unenthused about Man of Steel, and I ended up loving it. I was stoked for Suicide Squad and BvS, but the former was a cardboard burger with a Margot Robbie patty and the latter was like someone had thrown the Mona Lisa into a woodchipper and tried to tape it all back together. Like Mr. Bean and Whistler's Mother, or Howler Monkey Jesus. Watching BvS felt like I was touching the finger of God through a used condom.

Anyway. The point is, if I think something will be good, it's often bad, and if I expect it to be bad it occasionally surprises me. So I'm expecting Justice League to be bad, largely because of Cyborg's shitty CGI, and am therefore subconsciously expecting it to be a pleasant surprise, except I cannot acknowledge that, because then it will be terrible and oh dear

I think it will be 'okay'.

It's VERY hard for me to care about this version of the Justice League, given that Superman is a prick and Batman is a man-child and Wonder Woman is the 'I'm to old for this shit'.

The other three or four haven't had ANY screen time worth mentioning, so it's going to feel like one heck of a waste.

IF WB had been smart and given the Big 3 their own movies first...then, maybe, I could see this film working.

But, as it stands?
Don't care about the current versions of the characters.

Agent_Z:

kitsunefather:

I wouldn't celebrate Johns coming on board just yet. He's one of the people responsible for screwing up the comics side of the DCU

I'm just happy there's somebody trying to corral the continuity, honestly.

Tanis:
I think it will be 'okay'.

It's VERY hard for me to care about this version of the Justice League, given that Superman is a prick and Batman is a man-child and Wonder Woman is the 'I'm to old for this shit'.

The other three or four haven't had ANY screen time worth mentioning, so it's going to feel like one heck of a waste.

IF WB had been smart and given the Big 3 their own movies first...then, maybe, I could see this film working.

But, as it stands?
Don't care about the current versions of the characters.

Batman's always been a man child and this Superman is actually less of a prick than many version I can think of. Worst you can say about him is he doesn't live in a consequence free bubble.

I don't know how else you expect Wonder Woman to be given how old she typically is

kitsunefather:

Agent_Z:

kitsunefather:

I'm just happy there's somebody trying to corral the continuity, honestly.

Perhaps but Johns isn't the guy you go to if that's what you want

Going with 'Bad, but with merits'.

I'm mostly hoping to get some cool visuals and nice action scenes out of it, but that's all.

After seeing Blade Runner 2049 I don't see how Justice League could be worse than that.

My expectation is low and none of the recent news and previews/ trailers has convince me otherwise to raise it higher.

Samtemdo8:
After seeing Blade Runner 2049 I don't see how Justice League could be worse than that.

You must explain yourself after such a flammable comment.

It'll probably be an enjoyable watch but doubt I'll leave the cinema raving about how good it is.

I don't know, but it's surprising someone actually approved this. It's worse than 1337 5p34|<. I saw it first in portuguese and I thought it was some fan art, but apparently it's official.

McElroy:

Samtemdo8:

You must explain yourself after such a flammable comment.

The movie was so utterly boring and pretentious. And it was long and mostly silent like original movie wasn't this quiet.

I mean I thought the first movie was pretentious and a bit overrated but at least I recognize the first movie's good qualities, I mean heck it inspired things like Ghost in the Shell and Deus Ex to exist. Blade Runner 2049 was just utterly a slog to watch.

At least Justice League will have action and music.

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-early-reactions-a-step-in-the-right-direction-for-dc/

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/justice-league-buzz-its-not-perfect-but-its-fun-and-entertaining/

I'd take this with a massive grain of salt (but if salt is massive, is it a grain anymore?), but apparently early impressions have been positive.

Noticed a trend with the reviews about it being fun but the villain forgettable. So...basically MCU 2.0? Bleh. I guess if that's the direction the DCEU has to go in to survive, then my hopes for an alternative to the MCU are gone. Well, there's still the XCU I guess, but, meh, not overly into any of this.

Hawki:
https://screenrant.com/justice-league-early-reactions-a-step-in-the-right-direction-for-dc/

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/justice-league-buzz-its-not-perfect-but-its-fun-and-entertaining/

I'd take this with a massive grain of salt (but if salt is massive, is it a grain anymore?), but apparently early impressions have been positive.

Noticed a trend with the reviews about it being fun but the villain forgettable. So...basically MCU 2.0? Bleh. I guess if that's the direction the DCEU has to go in to survive, then my hopes for an alternative to the MCU are gone. Well, there's still the XCU I guess, but, meh, not overly into any of this.

I agree. early reviews for Suicide Squad and BVS were good too, and while BVS was okay, SS was terrible.

Wintermute:
I don't know, but it's surprising someone actually approved this. It's worse than 1337 5p34|<. I saw it first in portuguese and I thought it was some fan art, but apparently it's official.

...I really liked that ad. It's a bit of an Alex Ross homage, for starters, but more importantly I liked it because it looked like fan art. Some fan posters for superhero films are miles better than the official posters.

bastardofmelbourne:

Wintermute:

...I really liked that ad. It's a bit of an Alex Ross homage, for starters, but more importantly I liked it because it looked like fan art. Some fan posters for superhero films are miles better than the official posters.

The picture is certainly cool but I think using all of their logos in place of letters is a bit much, they really struggled with Batman.

OT: I've never been a DCEU hater but honestly... I think just being "okay" is the best this movie can hope for considering everything it has going against it and frankly that will be enough for me.

Hawki:

To be fair, I've found most MCU and DCEU villains have sucked imo. (Not including the Netflix shows because Kingpin and Killgrave would obviously win the list)

The only ones I've liked are Zod, Zemo, Ego, Loki, Red Skull and probably Alexander Pierce

Natemans:
To be fair, I've found most MCU and DCEU villains have sucked imo. (Not including the Netflix shows because Kingpin and Killgrave would obviously win the list)

The only ones I've liked are Zod, Zemo, Ego, Loki, Red Skull and probably Alexander Pierce

I liked Ultron more than most people, mainly because of James Spader. I also dislike Loki a lot more than most people, because he's been overexposed. He's not even really a villain anymore. He's just a shady teammate.

But Zod was always my favourite. Firstly because of Michael Shannon, who knows exactly when to be subdued and when to ham the fuck out, and secondly because...well, it's still Michael Shannon, honestly, because he was the best part of the movie. They should've brought him back in BvS as an AI ghost on the Kryptonian ship that Luthor hijacks. That would've been neat; it would've explained why Luthor decides to make an uncontrollable Kryptonian mutant that destroys everything it sees, because AI!Zod would've tricked him into doing it to get revenge on Superman.

"Yeah, just put my corpse there and the tentacle-cocoon will do the rest. What? Will it be controllable? Of course. It'll just be a big lunk that does whatever you tell it to! You can trust me, I'm a space ghost with no ulterior motives."

Well I saw it, but I can't say anything about it until 6 AM tomorrow.

EDIT: It's Superhero Team-Up: The Movie. I don't know what anybody else was expecting. Get the band together, work out your issues and fight alien invasion.

I predict that people decided how they felt about the movie the day it was announced and that will be unlikely to change.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here