I AM BACK!!!!!

Almost 2 months of blackout and no internet!!!

But now I am back and I have everything. Goddamn it feels so good.

Glad to see you are ok, been a bit worried.

In net land...people aren't impressed with how Trump is handling things, including disaster response.

Taylor Swift has a new album coming out soon and people are exciting, GW is releasing a new version of Necromunda and there might be some excitement. Not sure how many Swifties play Necromunda, though.

I am truly sorry on what you had to go through, but I'm glad to see you typing and about. I hope to swifter restoration for your island.

How are the spirits there? Any major achievements in getting the island back to the way it was?

ObsidianJones:
I am truly sorry on what you had to go through, but I'm glad to see you typing and about. I hope to swifter restoration for your island.

How are the spirits there? Any major achievements in getting the island back to the way it was?

Well in my situation everything seems normalized the places I mostly go to, but there are places that suffered the most from the Hurricane, whole houses (Mostly made of Wood) got destroyed or flooded, and the newspapers says by the end of January the island will have 75% electricity back up.

And there is controversy about this White-Fish Electric Company.

But I am the wrong guy to ask because I mostly don't look at the whole details but there is plenty of news you can find on the internet about the plight of the island.

Thank God you're alive.

Samtemdo8:

ObsidianJones:

Well in my situation everything seems normalized the places I mostly go to, but there are places that suffered the most from the Hurricane, whole houses (Mostly made of Wood) got destroyed or flooded, and the newspapers says by the end of January the island will have 75% electricity back up.

And there is controversy about this White-Fish Electric Company.

But I am the wrong guy to ask because I mostly don't look at the whole details but there is plenty of news you can find on the internet about the plight of the island.

News is slated to Political Piss-Taking and damning. It's almost like people use tragedies to push their own agenda...

I rather get real news from people who know what they are talking about. I want the facts, not the spin.

glad to hear you're ok

you missed uh, a terrorist attack, a mass shooting, y'know, the works

ooh, a couple of games came out, the usuals, CoD, AC, some others that don't jump to mind

other than that it's been same as always

Glad to see you alright, I was actually concerned. How bad is it down there? They don't really talk about it in the news on the mainland, anymore...

BreakfastMan:
Glad to see you alright, I was actually concerned. How bad is it down there? They don't really talk about it in the news on the mainland, anymore...

In the local news I have seen, I have seen people bathing in small water creaks, I have seen piles of broken trees still on streets and lots of knock down electrical poles and damages to buildings like Gas Station Roofs collapsing and and trees beings unearthed and fall down. But lets just say the area I know is more or less fine, I am chatting with you in a Mall right now on a Laptop I have and the place looks alright like everything is back to normal,I live in the West Coast of the island and I'd say we suffered the least here. But the northern and more center parts of the island is devastated, Maricao, the poorest place in the island in my opinion got devastated and has 0% Water and Electricity and major damages, Old San Jaun, as far as I know still has no Electricity.

This is all at the top of my head though.

Right now my situation is my house is fine (Its made entirely of cement and its in a gated community) but I still have no electricity (I have a generator) and no internet services (and I am trying to apply to a new service provider)

Thank God you're okay. Was getting a little since we haven't heard from you a while.

Is there any progress being made? Is it just as slow as it's being alluded to?

Welcome back! Please, have some tea...

Fiz_The_Toaster:
Thank God you're okay. Was getting a little since we haven't heard from you a while.

Is there any progress being made? Is it just as slow as it's being alluded to?

Progress has been slow but steady, like I said earlier, my brother has light and water in his house and FEMA is building him a Cement Roof (A portion of the house has a Wooden Roof) my grandmother has electricity and water in her house aswell (Which I am still surprise the house is still there and standing considering it has wooden parts)

I just don't know what is going on that is making electricity to come back to my house so damn slow right now (I have water though) and I am tired of using a generator.

But I can't speak for people that are suffering even worse off than me in this island, all I can say is my condolences.

Stay safe buddy. You missed Neogaf self cannibalizing.... a bunch of pointless political shit really. Everybody is still yelling in their camps and people with lots of power misuse it.

Damn, I could really use several weeks without internet.

Good to see you back in action

Samtemdo8:

So how's everyone been doing here in the escapist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAbFqkvzQA

Glad to see you're nor Aragorn with the wind (apologies). Hope you can use those trump paper towels to rebuild your city!

Glad to hear you're fine.

Has there been any notable unrest down there?

Good to see you're ok, everything ok down there?

Glad to hear you and your family are ok.

Welcome back.

You put the day to day problems I have in serious perspective, thank Christ you and your relatives are okay. Here's to getting your power back and to aid making it to those who need it.

Heres some to cheer you up: I was wrong about Warhammer 2 and fully admit that I was a dickweasel for complaining in every thread you made about it. Yes, I'd still prefer Medieval 3 because I love the time period but Warhammer 2 is great. The factions are much more interesting than in the first game and so is the map and thousands of small details like the rites, it just clicks. If you haven't found a way to play it, you've got something to look forward to.

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:
Heres some to cheer you up: I was wrong about Warhammer 2 and fully admit that I was a dickweasel for complaining in every thread you made about it. Yes, I'd still prefer Medieval 3 because I love the time period but Warhammer 2 is great. The factions are much more interesting than in the first game and so is the map and thousands of small details like the rites, it just clicks. If you haven't found a way to play it, you've got something to look forward to.

Well I am still waiting for Daemons of Chaos to be in this game so I can lead my Khorne Dedicated Army, because the blood god demands blood. And his Daemons are itching to be in this game:

Day 54, but I think this week will be the week I finally get electricity and internet back in my house.

Sigh, almost 2 months like this in my house, I am so jelly of my brother that he got electricity in his house a month before me.

I HAVE ELECTRICITY :D

I edited the title and the OP.

NOW I HAVE INTERNET IN MY HOUSE THE NEXT DAY!!!

OH IT SO GOOD TO BE BACK :d

Saelune:

Considering my taste in music this is my preferred Feelgood song

Samtemdo8:

Motley Crue video

Or better yet:

Saelune:

Samtemdo8:

Motley Crue video

Or better yet:

Again technically since I was raised on animation of the 90s and early 2000s, this would be more appropriate ;)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here