Trying to find another anime

Ok so, again, I came across a clip in one of those GIFS clips on youtube, and after seeing it pop up like 300 times, I'm curious to actually watch it.

It's in this clip at the 9:38 mark. It's also in it earlier, but I couldn't find the timestamp with a quick scan.

Anyone know this anime?

K-On

Sadly that's not on crunchy roll, you know of a place to watch it? Preferably not a virus-ridden pirate site?

Hulu has it

Virus-ridden pirate sites need love too

Definitely, unquestionably, K-On.

Happyninja42:
Sadly that's not on crunchy roll, you know of a place to watch it? Preferably not a virus-ridden pirate site?

I could DM you the site i frequent but i need to check first that your adblock is up to snuff. Because that place is fucking infested with them.

Yep, that's K-On.

It's a slice-of-life show about 5 girls forming a high-school band. They do play a few songs for the school, but the music isn't necessarily the focal point, it's more about the group dynamic and how they get along. It's very cutesy and feel good, with some wholesome humor sprinkled in. So if you want something mellow and lighthearted, you've got a good show on your hands.

It's basically the anime equivalent of an anti-depressant. Or a diabetic coma. Depending on your tolerance for sweetness.

K-on gets derided as being dumb and is the iconic empty moe show that makes you creepy for liking it in the eyes of unsuspecting random non-fans, it got popular enough for people to know about it enough to be aware of a few elements but without actually being correct about that awareness enough to be able to intelligently opine about it.

It's like anime fast food, you don't wanna be eating it every day but once in a while it's fine and you do enjoy it for a time but then think back and regret yourself. If you're a normie anyhow. Azunyan for life.

A show that does what K-on does in the department of soothing joy, but which also is a little deeper, would be Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?/Is your order a bunny?. Fewer dumb Yui moments being Yuidorable and more interesting characters.

Rip Van Rabbit:
Yep, that's K-On.

It's a slice-of-life show about 5 girls forming a high-school band. They do play a few songs for the school, but the music isn't necessarily the focal point, it's more about the group dynamic and how they get along. It's very cutesy and feel good, with some wholesome humor sprinkled in. So if you want something mellow and lighthearted, you've got a good show on your hands.

It's basically the anime equivalent of an anti-depressant. Or a diabetic coma. Depending on your tolerance for sweetness.

Darn, I was kind of hoping more for an anime version of School of Rock.

Weebs are to nerds what nerds are to nomral people. - Its true.

man2man:
Weebs are to nerds what nerds are to nomral people. - Its true.

Well, considering nowadays superheroes and videogames are everywhere and liking those makes you a nerd historically, being someone who doesn't like them is about as abnormal as being an anime fan.

Don't know the anime, but the audio is from Homestar Runner.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here