Aches and Pains

Pages 1 2 NEXT

So, anyone here have a body in rebellion?

My back hates the fact my job requires lumbering cameras around in unhealthy postures to accomplish shots and my feet always swell up after hitting pavement/concrete for more than 7 hours.

Rejoice! We all suffer!

No back spasms this month soooo far

My neck is on-and-off sore.

I've still got occasional ankle pain from several sprains over the years (that I never really let heal because playing soccer is more important than health).

Flashback first!

You should see the braces I own...

Good God....so.....many.....fucking.....braces :,(

I have a knee brace and a knee sleeve from when I had tendonitis in my knee. I have an ankle brace from when I sprained my ankle (and crutches, although I had those crutches for being a broken child so I don't know if those count. Tippy is actually a childhood nickname due to my leg issues so there's your fun fact of the day).

About a week ago, my God damn plantar fasciitis in the arch of my foot has decided to come back and play so I bought two new braces for that (one is a "nighttime" brace that keeps it in place and the other just goes under the arch to walk on that is supposed to make it take less stress). Ice and heat all day and poppin IB Profin like it's candy for this guy :(

I also have a couple of wrappable reusable ice packs due to pain in my back, which really have come in handy over the years.

On the plus side, until last week because my body hates me, I haven't really had any issues for the last few years. I've championed these a few times on here but my Physical Therapist was 100% correct; Pilates and Yoga do WONDERS to fix those kind of nagging issues.

When I was in my 20s, my neck only got really sore and crinkley in the winter. Now in my mid 30s, it bugs me all the time and I have to visit the chiropractor every couple of weeks when it gets really bad.

Getting old sucks.

Not really..
I'm nearing 35 but feel like I'm still in my early 20's. Not as much energy as a teen but plenty to go around still.
I can (and do) drink copious amounts of coca-cola and eat candy and sweets everyday like I was 15 and have been doing it for 15 years. No weight-gain or diabetes..yet. I use snus, a smoke & chew-less tobacco (also since 15). I don't drink alcohol.

The only slight hindrance I encounter is that I can't enjoy nuts anymore. Not after I had all my teeth pulled.
Could probably fix that with implants but..well..Not a fan of dentists really..Surprise!
I also have this, I'd guess you can call it a "twinge", just below my right ribs.
I've done an ultrasound and an x-ray (possibly MRi), but they couldn't find anything.
Might just be some muscle soreness related to how I sit at the computer though.
It comes and goes.

There are some possible mental issues. Depression, self-esteem, etc.
Don't really like shrinks either so..

TL;DR: None'o y'all's business!

If you're having back problem, mainly near the pelvis/ end of the spine, I suggest you check out this video
https://www.facebook.com/thebackcareclinic/videos/1158680054154141/?hc_ref=ARQjBDFlALvnsbcBpm5OzsVjkRRCDWFo9ka3P9lwa7TUK8_sV_E2UC_d9QAdjvh6VcQ

Sorry there is Youtube version.

I used to have backpain in that region from work (retail as in lifting heavy stock) and back posture like just sitting on the chair on the pc all day until I watched that video. If you are able to follow that excercise, the pain will go away. Greanted you're not invincible as the usual heavy lifting still make my back sore but nowhere near as painful as it was in the past.
I can't garauntee it will work for you as I had show that video to a friend which worked at first and also I warm you about doing it for the first time! I almost pulled a muscule when I try it first time!

Scarim Coral:
If you're having back problem, mainly near the pelvis/ end of the spine, I suggest you check out this video
https://www.facebook.com/thebackcareclinic/videos/1158680054154141/?hc_ref=ARQjBDFlALvnsbcBpm5OzsVjkRRCDWFo9ka3P9lwa7TUK8_sV_E2UC_d9QAdjvh6VcQ

Sorry there is Youtube version.

I used to have backpain in that region from work (retail as in lifting heavy stock) and back posture like just sitting on the chair on the pc all day until I watched that video. If you are able to follow that excercise, the pain will go away. Greanted you're not invincible as the usual heavy lifting still make my back sore but nowhere near as painful as it was in the past.
I can't garauntee it will work for you as I had show that video to a friend which worked at first and also I warm you about doing it for the first time! I almost pulled a muscule when I try it first time!

...huh...that actually sounds like a pretty good idea. I might have to give that a try as it looks like a pretty basic full body stretch and then the "revolved abdomen" pose from yoga.

It's less of a problem these days, but I had on-and-off issues with shin splints when I was a lot newer to running/general exercise.

It hasn't happened in awhile, but I used to get pains in my shoulder because about 10 years ago I decided to be an idiot and use an office chair as a foot stool to put a heavy bin up on a high shelf. Suffice it to say that didn't go well.

I drive for work, about 40 hours a week.

Leg and feet pain are an occasional nuisance. That and some blood flow issues I managed to acquire thanks to a benign, surface level clot.

Mostly the pedal foot. Area on the bottom, right behind the toes.

It's relatively rare, but reduces me to a bout of hobbling when it strikes.

This does suck though...not one health problem until my mid 20s and now it's just thing after thing after thing. Hell, even lost my appendix recently...and my hair is thinning.

Aging blows. I'd like to re-up for the early 20s.

My back hurts often (nearly went through it last year), and alot. As does my right hip on occasion.

Former is my own fault, because I tried to correct my spine without professional help. The latter might be tied with something that runs in the family.

The Empire does not suffer rebellions. All rebel scum shall be put down like the dogs that they are. Long live the body of Jack, jumping around with exaggerated behavior and wild antics at a moment's notice! WITNESS THE POWER OF THIS FULLY-ARMED AND OPERATIONAL LUNATIC!!!

Vendor-Lazarus:

I can (and do) drink copious amounts of coca-cola and eat candy and sweets everyday like I was 15 and have been doing it for 15 years.
I had all my teeth pulled.

Just a hunch, but I think these lines might be related.

OT: Nothing severe. Carpal tunnel is a bit of a bitch sometimes, but I've managed to keep my wrist nimble for the time being.

No chronic pains yet, nearing 35. Work keeps me active, and the wife makes me eat right, so I guess that helps.

I can barely lift a milk jug anymore because my hand broke or got fractured when I fell chasing a bus for a work interview. It's been over a week. Haven't been to a doctor. I still have faith it's gonna heal on its own.

I get some pain in my lower back about two or three times a week while at work. I suspect it's a combination of standing and slightly turning my back back and forth all day.

I injured my knees in high school doing track, then re-aggravated the injury in my left knee a few years later, and instead of letting it heal I decided it would be a good idea to go to the gym since it was arm and shoulder day rather than leg day and I figured it wouldn't hurt. Problem is even if I'm just doing arms and shoulders, lifting the weight still puts extra stress on the knees just from standing with the extra weight. Doing shoulder shrugs with 160 pounds of weight in my hands ended up aggravating the injured knee even worse. At that point I decided to just rest my knee for a few days but it was too late, the damage was done. I ended up limping for bit under a month and had to wear a knee brace for a while. Still end up getting pain in that knee every once in a while for no reason.

Vendor-Lazarus:
Not really..
I'm nearing 35 but feel like I'm still in my early 20's. Not as much energy as a teen but plenty to go around still.
I can (and do) drink copious amounts of coca-cola and eat candy and sweets everyday like I was 15 and have been doing it for 15 years. No weight-gain or diabetes..yet. I use snus, a smoke & chew-less tobacco (also since 15). I don't drink alcohol.

The only slight hindrance I encounter is that I can't enjoy nuts anymore. Not after I had all my teeth pulled.
Could probably fix that with implants but..well..Not a fan of dentists really..Surprise!
I also have this, I'd guess you can call it a "twinge", just below my right ribs.
I've done an ultrasound and an x-ray (possibly MRi), but they couldn't find anything.
Might just be some muscle soreness related to how I sit at the computer though.
It comes and goes.

There are some possible mental issues. Depression, self-esteem, etc.
Don't really like shrinks either so..

TL;DR: None'o y'all's business!

In what asshole of the world did you have to get all your teeth pulled before 35?

I had too many growth spurts too close together during that whole puberty thing, and the stretching has left a lot of my joints not really fitting together properly. My shoulders are the worse for it, and will get dragged out even further simply by the weight of my arms. If I'm not moving them than I have to keep my arms rested on something, or keep my hands in pockets, just something to get a bit of support so all the sinews around my shoulders don't start straining to keep things held together too much.
Also have to try and keep a bit elevated during sleep too, because if I rest on a shoulder too much then it slips out of place and loses circulation, so I wake up in the middle of the night with pins and needles up a whole arm. Or worse, the shift in position and balance from one shoulder unlocking somehow causes the other shoulder to unlock and I wake up with pins and needles up both arms. Those nights are particularly annoying...

My IBS is getting better!

...right in time for my back to start giving out! :(

My back and neck... my eyes (haven't gotten checked, yet I can barely read a lecture slide in the first few rows)...

My nerve damage seems to be harder to keep in check through active biofeedback. I might have to look to more extensive medical assistance for dealing with it. Occasionally a breeze feels like freezing ice or burning flames. That either my tolerance for it is decreasing or relative pain is increasing that other people are starting to notice it.

I've had an exciting life, injuries pile on, minor grievances turn into lifelong problems. Youth is wasted on the young. Either that or the young sign checks their middle age can't cover.

Ive got fingers that no longer straighten, an elbow that clicks when it moves and a weak ankle.

Its almost like 10+ years of mma is bad for you.

McElroy:

Vendor-Lazarus:

I can (and do) drink copious amounts of coca-cola and eat candy and sweets everyday like I was 15 and have been doing it for 15 years.
I had all my teeth pulled.

Just a hunch, but I think these lines might be related.

Ezekiel:
In what asshole of the world did you have to get all your teeth pulled before 35?

It wasn't really due to the cola and candy. It contributed though.
No, I got handed a set of bad teeth from my fathers father and mother from birth.
They had all their teeth removed in their 30's or 40's and that in turn caused my father to become quite obsessive about dental care.
Which, again, in turn caused my child self to rebel by sloppy or skipping brushing.
That and coupled with my fear of dentists (needles and loss of control) is a recipe for eroding enamel.
My last dental checkup was when I was 15 and my teeth were fine until I was about 25.
It was when I was forced to eat on only one side of the mouth for 3 years, then had excruciating pain in my jaws for 2 years, and 2 teeth "breaking off/falling out" across one year that I felt compelled to try overcoming my dental fear.
Didn't work though (I don't like shrinks either..and a dental shrink? Yeah, no.), so I was put under and had my teeth surgically removed when I was 29-30.
I can still speak (even whistle) and eat most things so I don't really notice it that much.

Occasional sore knees from lugging stacks of PCs around at work. Main injury is a sore left hand as a result of a broken bone from the Jiujitsu club a few years ago. Didn't even get it doing an actual technique; just some poor judgement during a Q&A with the Shihan that made me look like a total knob :P

I ended up with a bad knee after I walked into a metal stepstool while carrying cardboard boxes in a retail job. Sharp metal corner caught me right in the meaty part next to the kneecap. That was more than a decade ago and it still causes me problems from time to time.

lacktheknack:
My IBS is getting better!

...right in time for my back to start giving out! :(

How considerate of your back to wait its turn.

I have none, however, I'm very weak and can't lift almost anything, though that is mostly due to lack of exercise & nourishment, I would love to eat more but I can't I hear the body adapts to lower caloric intakes and this must be the consequences of eating once every 3 days from when I was really broke.

I am a national level competing powerlifter in my mid 20s. I am always aching!

I'm 30. I have a slightly damaged knee due to an accident which aches quite often. I can't sit in certain positions for very long because of it. I also have a weak neck and need to be pretty careful with my head's position or lifting heavy stuff. And I have a condition that can make my blood leave my head for a while and make my faint under certain conditions. (Though I have some countermeasures for that.)

My bum has a crack in it.

My body is sore all over every day mainly cause of my job.

Recently I popped a blister in my toe that was going down my foot. It hurt to walk for days.

Also have a lot of scars from growing up.

No weight-gain or diabetes.

Common mis conception, consumption of sugar DOES NOT cause Diabetes 9unless the sugar causes you to gain weight), you either suffer from the auto immune type 1 or weight caused / age caused type 2.

Shoulders both of mine are fooked, impingements in both of them with the right being the worse, mostly caused by years overhead lifting at work. Also suffer from pains in my right hip, knee and for some strange reason the second toe on my right foot. All caused by me breaking my leg when I was five and it healing slight off centre combined with being on my feet all day at work.

I can barely lift a milk jug anymore because my hand broke or got fractured when I fell chasing a bus for a work interview.

The irony being that it was an interview for a cow milking job ;)

No cluster headaches for a while now. Was a bit worried during my last cluster phase (or whatever the fuck you called them) because I usually get them at the same time every year from January to March-ish but they didn't show up - good! - but then they started in May and didn't go away until late August - bad! I was a bit scared of having an attack during my one of my exams (since you can down enough painkillers to kill a horse without it stopping the pain) but fortunately that didn't happen, not even a shadow.

Overall its not that bad anyway because my attacks typically "only" last for about half an hour and "only" twice to three times a day, so its more mildly irritating rather than life ruining. But I'm still gonna be right fucking cheesed off if I get another phase in January. Give me my usual 9 cluster free months please.

I'm fine.

I'm just fat, is all.

I mean to do something about it, as of now, to see if I can get rid of 50 pounds or so for May 2019. So far, I'm trying some cardio and fasting to start things off. Then I'm gonna lift a bit too, once I've adapted to the diet changes (as in, my metabolism starts up again proper). Here's hoping... and doing.

No chronic pain. I do hobble around half the week thanks to my legs being sore from the gym but that's the good kind of hurt.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here