9 Necromunda books temporarily brought to print on demand by GW

http://www.blacklibrary.com/series/necromunda

So due to the return of Necromunda GW has decided to bring the old books about the place to print on demand for the next few weeks. Never really was aware of the thing because of how long its been since the books and game went out of print, so I've grabbed them all up (sans the graphic novels) while I had the chance.

For those unaware of what Necromunda even is:

Fleshworks, Junction and Survival Instinct were all good, Status Deadzone was a bit of a mixed bag, but on the whole ok.

Back from the Dead was alright, Redeemer and Salvation weren't, but the Kal Jerico books were complete rubbish.

Thaluikhain:
Fleshworks, Junction and Survival Instinct were all good, Status Deadzone was a bit of a mixed bag, but on the whole ok.

Back from the Dead was alright, Redeemer and Salvation weren't, but the Kal Jerico books were complete rubbish.

Well, that's like, your opinion man.

Which is probably better then mine since I've never read these books and won't until my order comes in. Crap or not I'll get all but the graphic novels just to be able to have all of them on my shelf.

Hope we get more Gaunts Ghosts though, with the first three in hard cover and the last one coming next month, I want the other 11 in hard cover to sandwich with them.

Necromanca is coming back? That might just get me back into tabletop. Although I moved many hours away from friends that used to play with me

trunkage:
Necromanca is coming back? That might just get me back into tabletop. Although I moved many hours away from friends that used to play with me

Yeah it's back, you can even pre-order the board game from the site right now.

Blood Bowl came back last year and was so successful they're planning on increasing the line. Necromunda's next in line and we've got at the least (that have been announced) Battle Fleet Gothic and Epic 40k coming back.

My wallet will be struggling the next few years.

I know that the two main factions shown in the White Dwarf were the Goliaths (five guesses how they got that name), a gang based on a house that owned all the primary smelters on the hive world, and an all female gang that specialize in chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and more finess heavy then brute force (the reasoning being they wanted something other then big heavy vs big heavy).

trunkage:

Looks like very different rules, though. Also, all the city terrain stuff might be in a separate thing.

saint of m:
I know that the two main factions shown in the White Dwarf were the Goliaths (five guesses how they got that name), a gang based on a house that owned all the primary smelters on the hive world, and an all female gang that specialize in chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and more finess heavy then brute force (the reasoning being they wanted something other then big heavy vs big heavy).

Well, in the fluff, Escher and Goliath were big rivals as well, so makes sense. So were the Delaques and Orlocks, though.

Looks like the Goliaths will be marine sized, not guard sized, so can't use them for Catachan bits. But, still, new plastic models, and the only female humans not in power armour GW makes models for. Well, except 2 from the Last Chancers and 1 GG in metal.

I am wondering when is the new Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 5th edition books gonna come out?

And that Necromunda video game?

Zontar:

trunkage:

Blood Bowl came back last year and was so successful they're planning on increasing the line. Necromunda's next in line and we've got at the least (that have been announced) Battle Fleet Gothic and Epic 40k coming back.

At least with these sets there is a limit to your purchases. I have a Tyranid and IG army (that I haven't played with for 20yrs) that set me back thousands

trunkage:

Zontar:

trunkage:

At least with these sets there is a limit to your purchases. I have a Tyranid and IG army (that I haven't played with for 20yrs) that set me back thousands

Oh this is just some of my books I've bought from them his year alone.

About a thousand in new Warhammer/blood bowl stuff, twice that much used, and about another five hundred in books from Black Library, and there's another 300 or so I plan to spend before the year's out.

Send help!

My tabletop days are over a decade past, but Necromunda was always my favourite GW game, and it's a perfect candidate for a great XCOM style videogame adaptation.

Given the abysmal hit-rate for GW and adaptations, I have zero hopes of it ever being done justice.

Darth Rosenberg:
My tabletop days are over a decade past, but Necromunda was always my favourite GW game, and it's a perfect candidate for a great XCOM style videogame adaptation.

Given the abysmal hit-rate for GW and adaptations, I have zero hopes of it ever being done justice.

And you should lower your hopes even more, because it's being done by the same team that did Mordheim, and Mordheim was a complete assbucket of a game that completely shat on the spirit of the TT game. I mean, maybe a miracle happens and we get something worthwile, but I doubt it.

OT: The best of that bunch are Junktion, Survival Instinct and Fleshworks.

And also: Orlocks rule, the rest drool.

Samtemdo8:
I am wondering when is the new Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 5th edition books gonna come out?

And that Necromunda video game?

Its best to assume Games Workshop has largly ignored us. THey have a couple out in the new setting, one of which includes a phone app, but the money maker is with 40k.

Now if they could get the Sisters of Battle some updates and cheaper minies.

Zontar:

trunkage:

Zontar:

Oh this is just some of my books I've bought from them his year alone.

About a thousand in new Warhammer/blood bowl stuff, twice that much used, and about another five hundred in books from Black Library, and there's another 300 or so I plan to spend before the year's out.

Send help!

Know the feeling. I bought a bunch of the army books for lore alone, and low and behold they finally commit to a Apocalypse.

Darth Rosenberg:

With total war and Vermintide, things might be changing.

saint of m:
Now if they could get the Sisters of Battle some updates

Hey? They updated them, and everything else just recently. Unless you meant the models, in which case the remain the army for people who like metal.

Well, and guard, to an extent.

saint of m:
Know the feeling. I bought a bunch of the army books for lore alone, and low and behold they finally commit to a Apocalypse.

Imagine how the Bretonnian players feel. At least Tomb Kings can use much of their stuff as generic undead.

Though, you can sorta still make a Bretonnian army, just with only archers.

Anyone who's played it, were the campaign/turf building aspects kept intact?

TheFinish:

And also: Orlocks rule, the rest drool.

Preach. House of Iron represent!

Bah! Necromunda is for kids, real grognards play Confrontation.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here