Doomsday Clock

So tomorrow approaches the release of Doomsday Clock by Geoff Johns.

I do hope its good though I'm a bit off-putted by the idea of having the DC universe's problems being orchestrated or involving Dr. Manhattan. The thing is that Watchmen was only supposed to be this one-off story of deconstructing the superhero genre as a whole, but the problem is that I think people have taken this to the wrong idea by milking off its success or want every story to be overly dark. I enjoyed the DC Rebirth one-shot, but that ending left me a bit cold.

Still I hope it doesn't turn out bad. What are your thoughts?

Is it true they are bringing more of Watchmen than just Dr. Manhatten in this crossover? I could have sworn I seen Rorschach being involved in this?

And also if there should be a crossover it should only involve Dr. Manhatten. What buisness does Rorschach, Nite Owl, and Silk Spectre have in the mainstream DC world?

Samtemdo8:
Is it true they are bringing more of Watchmen than just Dr. Manhatten in this crossover? I could have sworn I seen Rorschach being involved in this?

And also if there should be a crossover it should only involve Dr. Manhatten. What buisness does Rorschach, Nite Owl, and Silk Spectre have in the mainstream DC world?

I read a preview book called "Road to Doomsday Clock" where the narration had the same way as Rorschach's POV and it looks like Rorschach. Which I hope its not Rorschach because I would feel it goes against the whole point of the ending to the book. Not sure if Nite Owl II or Silk Spectre II are in it yet, but we'll see.

I'm all in because fuck Alan Moore.

Natemans:

I do hope its good though I'm a bit off-putted by the idea of having the DC universe's problems being orchestrated or involving Dr. Manhattan. The thing is that Watchmen was only supposed to be this one-off story of deconstructing the superhero genre as a whole, but the problem is that I think people have taken this to the wrong idea by milking off its success or want every story to be overly dark. I enjoyed the DC Rebirth one-shot, but that ending left me a bit cold.

I forgot to ask, tomorrow (that is today as of this post) really? Because Comixology says it will be released in January of next year? Both in Print and Digital?

Samtemdo8:

Natemans:

I forgot to ask, tomorrow (that is today as of this post) really? Because Comixology says it will be released in January of next year? Both in Print and Digital?

Its out today in print as well as some online websites that have comics for free.

So I read the first issue. Its pretty good so far and do hope they answer some of the questions left by Rebirth a year ago.

Natemans:

Samtemdo8:

Natemans:

Its out today in print as well as some online websites that have comics for free.

And I found said website and intend to read all the New 52 Comic Books to see if it truly lives up to its bad reputation.

Samtemdo8:

Natemans:

Samtemdo8:

And I found said website and intend to read all the New 52 Comic Books to see if it truly lives up to its bad reputation.

There are some runs in the New 52 that I liked, but yeah, there's a lot of problems.

Natemans:

Samtemdo8:

Natemans:

There are some runs in the New 52 that I liked, but yeah, there's a lot of problems.

Geoff John's Aquaman run and Snyder's Batman were fantastic. As was Azarello's Wonder Woman run.

Kenbo Slice:

Natemans:

Samtemdo8:

Geoff John's Aquaman run and Snyder's Batman were fantastic. As was Azarello's Wonder Woman run.

I liked Aquaman. Scott Snyder's Batman I liked in parts, but it gets weaker the more I look on some arcs. Especially Death of the Family and everything from Endgame to Bloom. As for Azzarello's Wonder Woman, I don't know. Wasn't a big fan of that tbh. If you liked it, that's cool.

Natemans:

Samtemdo8:

Natemans:

But isn't the problems with the New 52 is how much was changed from the Original Continuity, and all the charcater differences and such?

Because honestly if I straight up read the New 52 now I probably would not know the problems of the New 52 if I did not read the prior continuity.

Samtemdo8:

Natemans:

Samtemdo8:

But isn't the problems with the New 52 is how much was changed from the Original Continuity, and all the charcater differences and such?

Because honestly if I straight up read the New 52 now I probably would not know the problems of the New 52 if I did not read the prior continuity.

Well, New 52 is basically a reboot and meant to do something different. Mainly the problems are some of the changes are not that great. I'm fine with change, but what matters is in execution.

Samtemdo8:

Natemans:

Samtemdo8:

You really going to read ALL the New 52? That's a lot of books.

Part 2 is out and things already just got crazy:

Samtemdo8:
Part 2 is out and things already just got crazy:

Yeah, I read the issue. Some interesting stuff and some really dumb stuff. So nice balance I guess.

Issue 3 is out. Reading it as we speak and immediately it starts with some bullshit.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here