What are you listening to Escapists? (November 2017 Edition)

It has been a while since I've been on the site. Many things have changed while others have not. It's good to see familiar faces still around. So on to my usual question. What have you been listening to Escapists? Are you listening to music your boss hates? Are you listening to show tunes? Or have you been addicted to one particular song this whole time? Let us know. Genre is entirely open. Also are you interested in seeing these threads resurrected?

To ease the load times for other users please use Spoiler tags and limit responses to a top 10.

You didn't specify music, so I'll mention Joseph Plumb Martin's Narrative of a Revolutionary Soldier, as spoken by a volunteer at Libra Vox and available for free download.

Without wanting to spoil the story, he starves and freezes a lot.

Many of TS songs are so catchy ugh I can't stop listening this track.

Always Shiina Ringo, one of the greatest artists of our time and ever.

A 3-song set from her latest concert:
https://vimeo.com/222798814

Dunno what got me started on it, but this song has been haunting me for a week.

Also been listening to these songs alot:

Yeah, I like rave/techno.

Anaal Nathrakh (that will never change),
Front Line Assembly,
Vocaloids (mostly Hatsune Miku and Megurine Luka)

Been on a bit of a Satyricon binge for a few weeks since their newest album dropped, though mostly I'm listening to their live album.

I'm starting to learn how to play guitar, because of two songs I want to play:

Bertie Blackman
The National
and, as usual, Beruit

Going through Crystal Castles discography lately, really been enjoying them.

Also been listening to a lot of classic death metal, especially Asphyx and Autopsy. "Last One On Earth" is an incredible record all around, and I absolutely adore the monstrous sound of the guitars on "Mental Funeral".

Aerosteam:
Yeah, I like rave/techno.

As an old and still occasional raver/DJ, I approve, although I find the old Dutch style a bit cheesy, it's quite rare to see someone on here with interests in anything in my area.

Also been listening to Red Hot Chilli Peppers' Blood Sugar Sex Magic album and got Perturbator's Uncanny Valley album on repress. Almost as good as I am the Night.

trunkage:
and, as usual, Beruit

It's hard to not enjoy listening to Beirut.

OT:
King gizzard and the lizard wizard had a new album come out last week that I've been playing a fair bit.

And Thee Oh sees new album as well

It's been a pretty good year for music.

Recently discovered these guys and was completely blown away! This is some great straight ahead riff rock!

And as a guitarist, I appreciate Mike Kerr's innovation with the bass, its tuning and signal processing.

Also started following this guy. He's one of the most creative young musicians I've heard in a long time.

stroopwafel:

This whole cd is the only thing my girlfriend listens to since I got it for her
I totally dig the cd though because I'm a huge Jack Antonoff fan and some songs are practically Bleachers song but with T Swift singing

My favorite is Getaway Car

Well I just listened to this.

Otherwise I just listen to whatever is on the radio or to whatever CD I pick out that night to listen to at work. Like last night I was listing to Panic at the Disco, The Smashing Pumpkins, the soundtrack for Evita, and a collection of ELO songs.

stroopwafel:

Oh, that is catchy.

Wasn't fussed on LWYMMD or Ready fr it, so not that excited for Reputation, might have to rethink.

Some month ago I finished playing through Undertale, and after that I started indulging in fan made materials. In particular I encountered a song that had had the lyrics remade several times to let it represent the perspective of several characters. It turned out to actually not be an original melody, instead it was made from a song performed in the animated TV series Steven Universe, which honestly made me a bit disappointed, once I found out.

The song in question is called Stronger Than You. The one in the spoiler is the one I primarily listen to.

The moment it is meant to represent is quite climatic and for this reason the song is a spoiler.

The Lore podcast. Ambient music is the backdrop as Aaron Mahnke tells haunting tales about mysterious, oft unexplainable events from history. It's brilliant.

Zen Bard:
Recently discovered these guys and was completely blown away! This is some great straight ahead riff rock!

And as a guitarist, I appreciate Mike Kerr's innovation with the bass, its tuning and signal processing.

You may like a band called King of the north from Australia.
I don't think they're as good as Royal Blood but The guitarist has some damn good chunky distortion.

Back OT:
Sticking with Rock duos

Bit of a throwback Rock and roll band just cranked up.
They're fun as hell live.

Having finally got Taylor Swift's Reputation the other day...how dead is the old Taylor? I liked her better :(

A couple decent suggestions that came up in my YouTube (because I am a Hipster and I listen to Very Hipster Music):

Also the new(ish) Thermals single is pretty good:

Fun Fact: Hutch Harris is actually an amateur stand up comedian too and his stuff ain't half bad..

Thaluikhain:
Having finally got Taylor Swift's Reputation the other day...how dead is the old Taylor? I liked her better :(

Yeah me too, the new one is creepy af

I have a bunch of the Umineko soundtrack on repeat since I just got started on the Steam version for my first replay. It's legit the best media I have ever experienced and I don't think it will ever be beaten. You hit the Answer arcs and somehow it gets much better even though it was already excellent.

Fuckin' Erika, I love you so much but I want to blow you to pieces at the same time somehow.

Also Great Days is still on frequently because it has to be one of the catchiest songs of the decade.

Everything I listen to regularly is always part of a whole album (which I always add to my playlist), so this is just a short list of vague favourites. All of the albums the songs are on come recommended (according to my own taste). I mostly tried to put new discoveries before old favourites. Additionally, these are in random order.

I also wanted to add Kendrick's "i" and "The Blacker the Berry", but literally almost all of the uploads have audio blocked; and also Tyler's "Who Dat Boy", but I already reached the 10. Also, I would've loved to add numerous songs from the albums the songs I already linked are from (especially from Emancipator and toe), but again, 10, and I tried to keep it varied more than a legitimate top 10.

And yes, I did only just recently (i.e. in mid-2017) finally listen to Yeezy (mostly after I really got into K-Dot and Tyler).

stroopwafel:

Damn, was hoping for Twisted Sister.

I have a thing for rock, so most of what I listen to consists of famous rock songs.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here