I hate living here sometimes. Terrible, Terrible Electric Infrastructure.

Even before the hurricane this neighbourhood I live in suffers from constant power failures.

Its so bad here that it made me not want to play video games at all. Or watch TV because the risk of getting into something is soured if the plug is suddenly pulled.

I am contemplating on moving to another place that has a more stable electrical infrastructure. But I hate moving because I have lived in this house for years now so I am accustommed to it, and i don't wanna get another service provider. Like instead of making me move, fix the infrastructure of this place already. And again it was like this here before the hurricane. I just don't know why this keeps happening for so many years and no improvement in sight. I mean my grandmothers houses before the hurricane never had this constant blackouts, heck the house where my brother lives in now he only had one blackout for the past 20 days since the hurricane.

Just fuck this incompetence!!! And yes a blackout happened here and I am on a generator.

It won't help all the time, but for the ability to get out of your game etc (save) you could buy a UPS? - Uninterruptible power supply- to help?

Also, why not a generator?

Play on a portable gaming unit (3DS, Vita, hell even the Switch) so a power outage won't affect you immediately as long as you keep the device charged.

KaraFang:
It won't help all the time, but for the ability to get out of your game etc (save) you could buy a UPS? - Uninterruptible power supply- to help?

+1 on the UPS, I have blackouts constantly (and internet outages, which is why I don't game online that much), and the only thing that has saved my progress, and more importantly my hardware, is that dang UPS - what a lifesaver.

I have one in the office, and one at home. Sometimes the power comes back on in less than 2 minutes, and my UPS holds out for more 5-10, so either way that gives me plenty of time. Unless obviously you are in an online game. I don't have a choice in the matter in my country though, I'm apparently in one of the places with the best infrastructure, and I have to deal with this shit on a weekly basis, sometimes more often.

And it happened twice again.

One at 10 PM at night only to come back again in another hour.

Now it happened again around 10 AM today.

I really hate this place and the Hurricane only made it worse.

Shit dude, that sucks. I'm lucky that my area only experiences like two to four power outages a year. The last one we had knocked power out for a large chunk of the neighborhood(if not the entire thing) when a tree smacked a line hard enough to break it. Considering the shear number of trees that grow around and through power lines in my city it's quite frankly a miracle that the power isn't knocked out every time we have a windy day.

Arnoxthe1:

Generators cost money to run.

Also chances are a private generator would also have been trashed by the flooding that usually accompanies a hurricane.

gigastar:

Arnoxthe1:

Generators cost money to run.

Also chances are a private generator would also have been trashed by the flooding that usually accompanies a hurricane.

But we do have a generator, it was the first thing my dad bought for this house when we heard about Hurricane Irma. And we have been using it ever since.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here