Happy New Year

Seeing as it's relevant to my timezone 🎇🎆🕺

This point I have to ask what makes it "happy." :(

Hawki:

That we are not crushed by a Meteor yet, or the Super Volcano in California hasn't errupted, or World War 3.

Hawki:

Don't know the specifics of your life, I'm merely wishing for the new year to become a happy one for you. 🙂

Samtemdo8:

Hawki:

That we are not crushed by a Meteor yet, or the Super Volcano in California hasn't errupted, or World War 3.

May not be a super volcano causing a global cooling effect, instead we're still causing our planet to boil. WW3 hasn't happened, but conflict's still prevalent. Meteors...okay, fine, I'll grant you that one. Yay for a meteor free year.

bluegate:

Hawki:

Don't know the specifics of your life, I'm merely wishing for the new year to become a happy one for you. 🙂

Bah, humbug!

(Yes, I know that's more a Christmas thing.)

Hawki:

bluegate:

Hawki:

Bah, humbug!

(Yes, I know that's more a Christmas thing.)

A good Christmas Carol reference is never unwelcome.

Happy new year post - 11:48 pm...31st December 2017.

DECEIVERY!!

I am trying to sleep and everyone is making a Warzone outside with these fireworks :P

Xsjadoblayde:

DECEIVERY!!

Fight me 🙃

Fuck new years. It's just another number. I'm gonna miss work today because the public transportation system decided to take the day off. I thought taking Christmas off would be enough for them, but new years too? It would cost me twenty dollars to go there by taxi. Seriously, fuck new years. I've never had a job where they gave me new years off and paid me, so what the hell good does it do me?

Ezekiel:
Fuck new years. It's just another number. I'm gonna miss work today because the public transportation system decided to take the day off. I thought taking Christmas off would be enough for them, but new years too? It would cost me twenty dollars to go there by taxi. Seriously, fuck new years.

New Year's day not a national holiday where you live eh, no wonder you come across as such a sour puss all the time 😀 You're doing a pretty good Ebenezer Scrooge impression there 😀

In any case, I hope it's gonna be a good one for you!😀

bluegate:

Ezekiel:
Fuck new years. It's just another number. I'm gonna miss work today because the public transportation system decided to take the day off. I thought taking Christmas off would be enough for them, but new years too? It would cost me twenty dollars to go there by taxi. Seriously, fuck new years.

New Year's day not a national holiday where you live eh, no wonder you come across as such a sour puss all the time 😀 You're doing a pretty good Ebenezer Scrooge impression there 😀

In any case, I hope it's gonna be a good one for you!😀

I live in the US. Last new years, I was unemployed, the new years before that I got a ride to and from work by my supervisor, as usual, the year before that I was unemployed and two new years before that I lived in Germany. So, I didn't expect the public transportation system to not be active today. I've never gotten paid holidays, so even if I got the day off, what the hell good does it do me? It's just less money on my paycheck. I'd rather schedule days off myself after I've been with a company long enough. My last job paid me for those and this one will too.

Edit: Oh wait, I did check the holiday schedule for the transportation system two weeks ago and probably saw that they weren't active today. At that point, I had Mondays and Tuesdays off, so I didn't give it a second thought. Then, when Christmas neared, they changed my schedule. Fuck. I was hoping to get really good attendance at this job.

Happy new year! Maybe this year will be better than the last.

The Commonwealth of Australia is now 117 years old.

bluegate:

Xsjadoblayde:

DECEIVERY!!

Fight me 🙃

One of our technologies is lying. Perhaps even both. A team of highly-trained wishes are working on this until the culprit is identified and publicly shamed through the medium of interpretive dance.

Xsjadoblayde:

bluegate:

Xsjadoblayde:

DECEIVERY!!

Fight me 🙃

One of our technologies is lying. Perhaps even both. A team of highly-trained wishes are working on this until the culprit is identified and publicly shamed through the medium of interpretive dance.

Hmm... I can work with that! I'm looking forward to the results and to seeing the punishment! 🕺💃

Happy New Year

Happy New year!!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or