Who would win in a Death Battle?
Kid Buu (DBZ)
81.8% (9)
81.8% (9)
Alucard (Hellsing)
18.2% (2)
18.2% (2)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Think I finally thought of a Death Battle challenger worthy of facing Alucard (from Hellsing)

For those that are unfamiliar with the youtube series Death Battle, the creators of the series research as much as they can to find out everything about two fictional characters from different universes and then pit them against one another in a death battle. Some of the fights end with a "well no shit he won" victor while others prove to be quite controversial.

One of the most requested characters for the show has been Alucard from the Hellsing anime series. However the creators try to pick fights that at least appear to be even (at first glance), though it often turns out that after the research is all done one character clearly has a distinct advantage over the other.

Alucard from Hellsing is a god-tier, blatantly OP character that hasn't appeared on the show. This is because he's effectively unkillable due to his powers and the countless souls he's absorbed that fuel his own life force (essentially giving him millions of lives). But I think I've come up with a surprisingly obvious "fair fight" for him.

How about pitting him up against Kid Buu from DBZ? Like Alucard, Kid Buu is essentially immortal, so it could prove to be an interesting fight. :^)

Who do you think would win?

Although I saw the Hellsing anime I'm not particularly familiar with Alucard's arsenal of offensive and defensive tricks, but I would say that Kid Buu is a very tough guy to beat with his high stamina, regeneration, absorption, lightning fast movements and energy attacks.

My guess is that Kid Buu would get tired of Alucard constantly regenerating and he'd either blow up the entire earth just to be done with it ( assuming Alucard needs oxygen, that'd kill him after suffocating enough times ) or he'd just wander off because he's bored ending in a draw.

Or maybe Kid Buu'll end up trying to absorb Alucard, a move which could probably end Alucard if he doesn't have a way of putting up some kind of protective barrier, either because he lacks the ability to do so or by being caught off guard.

RJ 17:
For those that are unfamiliar with the youtube series Death Battle, the creators of the series research as much as they can to find out everything about two fictional characters from different universes and then pit them against one another in a death battle. Some of the fights end with a "well no shit he won" victor while others prove to be quite controversial.

One of the most requested characters for the show has been Alucard from the Hellsing anime series. However the creators try to pick fights that at least appear to be even (at first glance), though it often turns out that after the research is all done one character clearly has a distinct advantage over the other.

Alucard from Hellsing is a god-tier, blatantly OP character that hasn't appeared on the show. This is because he's effectively unkillable due to his powers and the countless souls he's absorbed that fuel his own life force (essentially giving him millions of lives). But I think I've come up with a surprisingly obvious "fair fight" for him.

How about pitting him up against Kid Buu from DBZ? Like Alucard, Kid Buu is essentially immortal, so it could prove to be an interesting fight. :^)

Here's the thing. Hellsing deals mostly in Ballistics and Knives. And conventional stuff like that is Shit-Tier to Dragonball Characters. All that Alucard could accomplish would be drawing out the fight. He wouldn't even be able to hurt Buu.

So, no, bad choice, they don't really compare and such a fight would be laughibly in Buu's favor.

Fischgopf:

RJ 17:

Here's the thing. Hellsing deals mostly in Ballistics and Knives. And conventional stuff like that is Shit-Tier to Dragonball Characters. All that Alucard could accomplish would be drawing out the fight. He wouldn't even be able to hurt Buu.

So, no, bad choice, they don't really compare and such a fight would be laughibly in Buu's favor.

Alucard also has incredibly powerful magic.

A low end reality warper is probably a better match.

Not Franklin Richards or Dr Manhattan, that would be way too OP to go against Alucard. Scarlet Witch might be a good match.

Knowing how Death Battle typically plays out, the fight will end when one of them absorbs/eats the other, then somehow they explode and die due to the other character being too much for them to handle or something.

How about a character from that same kind of universe? Soma Cruz from Castlevania? I think that would pretty much solve the soul problem rather nicely.

Seriously mate, Alucard is not even City-Level and you want to match him against someone capable of wiping out entire galaxies in a single blast? Alucard isn't even near light speed yet even in Dragonball there were times when the characters were exceeding the speed of light. Even the "Death Battle" version of Buu (Which was barely planet level and sub light speed because those fools are genuinely and completely and utterly dishonest fucking liars) would cream Alucard in a single hit.

Though if "Death Battle" did it, they'd find some contrived way to claim Alucard is planet level and that despite Buu being able to revive from smoke they'd pull some asspull to make him win. It is what they did with Kirby (The minigame they cited for the "planet-level" punches for Kirby gives an official rating of 201 megatons, which is well shy of the 30,000,000,000,000 megatons needed to match Master Roshi's moon-busting feat (let alone destroy the Earth like Vegeta could in the Saiyan Saga). They also tried to pass a plant monster going poof with so little force Planet Popstar wasn't even scratched (Which even just 20 megatons in the Megaton Punch minigame can achieve) as a planet-level explosion. Still, that is not as bad as them saying that because a different Power Ranger in a different series threw a car the White Tigerzord can move 32x faster than human reactions (this was genuinely their line of logic).

Arnoxthe1:
How about a character from that same kind of universe? Soma Cruz from Castlevania? I think that would pretty much solve the soul problem rather nicely.

Well, if Castlevania is an option, why not its own Alucard, or even Dracula himself?

The problem with any Death Battle with Alucard is it is actually quite boring. Due to having Schr?dinger in him, he's essentially invincible, but since having Schr?dinger in him forced him to kill off all the other souls in him. So the fight is EXTREMELY binary and uninteresting. Either the opponent can somehow counter Schr?dinger in which case Alucard is hyper vulnerable (especially as Alucard wants to die and constantly tanks attacks with no tactics), or the opponent can't and it is either a stall mate as Alucard can't kill them either or they eventually lose due to simple exhaustion. This doesn't make for an interesting fight at all as the rest of Alucard's abilities are rendered moot.

Alucard is just one of those characters who doesn't work worth a damn in death battles for this reason. He's not the only one either as there is numerous others that have oddball power sets that make them really uninteresting combatants in a death battle (Sailor Moon for instance who is mostly about purifying, so either that works and she auto wins, or it doesn't and she pretty much auto loses).

RJ 17:

Not nearly powerful enough. Alucard at his most powerful is a threat to life on Earth over an extended period of time. He has no known abilities or equipment that would allow him to cause appreciable harm to the planet itself or allow him to leave it[1]. Conversely, one of the first things Kid Buu did on his debut was pulp the planet and himself in a single action, regenerate from that, and zip off to another planet. Buu is in a completely different league.

Hell, it's very likely that Vegeta at his debut could have beaten Alucard, and the first time we saw Super Saiyan Goku he officially clocked in at over eight-thousand times that power. (18,000 and 150 million, respectively), and by the Buu Saga both of them had long since eclipsed that benchmark...and Buu was beating both of them.

Let's not mince words here, in order to even make it into a fight we have to actually nerf Buu spectacularly and even then Alucard has nothing that would let him cause appreciable damage to Buu. Considering the speeds in Dragonball, the very ability of the former to hit the latter is quite questionable in and of itself, and Buu almost instantly and effortlessly regenerated from attacks that are far beyond anything that Alucard has access to. There simply is no scenario in which Alucard could actually win.

Let's not forget that for all its over the top anime violence and impossible abilities, Hellsing is considerably more grounded than Dragonball is. At the end of the day, Alucard had been defeated by a simple human in his backstory, and several characters in the story proper came close to doing the same with only holy equipment and a few extra tricks up their sleeve. I'd put none of them any higher than Goku before "Dragonball Z" started. Heck, I'd find a comparison to [rejuvenated] King Piccolo questionable. And when Dragonball Z started the power creep positively exploded. This is not a good fight, it's a mismatch. Frankly, I think you'd be better served pulling from Berserk than Dragonball.

[1] Not even "I am everywhere and nowhere" Schrodinger demonstrated interplanetary knowledge/abilities

Chimpzy:
Well, if Castlevania is an option, why not its own Alucard, or even Dracula himself?

Yeah, this is where I have to pop in and point out that animation budgets and fight choreography don't equal power level.

Hot Take: the bad guy Saitama had to seriously punch at the end of OPM's first season was probably less powerful than Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

Post resurection Yamcha has a good chance at beating Saitama in a fight.

RJ 17:

Such as...? Can you give an example of a powerful ability of his?

Nah. Buu already died to Kirby... as impossible as that sounds.

Soma Cruz might be a closer match; the idea is to find characters that share traits and/or aesthetics as well as being decently matched in terms of abilities. Or maybe Castlevania's Alucard using all the absurdly broken weapons and abilities from Symphony of the Night.

Besides the issues that other people mentioned about how much stronger buu is, I also don't think it would work thematically. Alucard is a magical being with magic in his universe being bound to all kinds of arcane and untransparent rules. This works in a story as long as you don't ask certain questions and don't probe too much into certain area's. "Blood is the currency of the soul", "I am everywhere and nowhere", "the trappings of mortal forms mean nothing to me". What does this mean precisely? Can alucard survive a nuclear strike? Does he need oxygen? In what ways are the souls of others in a vampire? What power does the vampire have over them? How does this differ between Alucard and other vampires? We don't know all this precisely and we aren't meant to know. And you start to want to know these questions when matching alucard against a being that can teleport and blow up the planet on which he stands.

Broader dragon ball and hellsing (ultimate) are quite different. Vampires, blood, guns, swords, religous tensions, nazi's and so forth don't neccesarily mingle too well with lightbeams, supermuscular martial artists, spaceships, bulletproof people, etc.

In terms of fighting style the difference will also be noticable. Alucard uses guns, slaves, regeneration, and a vast array of weird tricks. Buu punches real hard, flies real fast and shoots balls of purple light that destroy planets. Buu also probably isn't smart enough to know to go for alucards heart and alucard doesn't have a superdeathbeam to obliterate buu. Meaning the fight would be long, dull, and nothing would really happen until buu would eventually blow away alucard with some large blast that happened to hit his heart somehow.

I would pit alucard against some clever demon hunter like the one that actually beat him in his own story. Or maybe a powerful demon, vampire, werewolf or something of that nature. Keep his enemies in a similar style to himself. Maybe Dante from DMC? (Haven't played it, so I wouldn't know if this could work)

demoman_chaos:
(Which was barely planet level and sub light speed because those fools are genuinely and completely and utterly dishonest fucking liars)

I would recommend against getting too upset about any death battles. We are after all discussing 'who would win in a fight'-fanfiction crossovers. It really doesn't matter all that much that some video got that 'wrong'.

I think a more interesting opponent would be Ghost Rider (the Johnny Blaze version to be precise). As a Spirit of Vengeance he'd be able to withstand most of Alucard's weapons and powers while his Hellfire would burn away at Alucard's soul and the backup souls he uses to regenerate. Then, of course, would be the coupe de grace that is the Penance Stare. All of Alucard sins and the sins of those he's absorbed would be turned back against him all at once (and keep in mind, he has a lot of sins)! Thats not to say Ghost Rider would completely wipe the floor with Alucard. Johnny doesn't really have any in depth combat training, he's mostly a brawler in hand to hand fights. Plus, the rage of the Rider might blind him to any tricks Alucard might pull to get the drop on him. Still, it would be a much more intense and visceral fight than one against Kid Buu.

Buu is too strong.
He would just turn Alucard into candy and eat him.
He's eaten multiple gods, why would he have trouble with a mere hellspawn?
Even if you assume that Alucard is the Devil himself, Dabura in DBZ was the equivalent of the Devil and fat Buu (who's weaker than kid Buu) beat him easily.

If you want someone from DB to go against Alucard, King Piccolo or Kami from the original Dragonball would be a more even match.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here