Disney Is Working On A Live Action Kim Possible Movie

Casting is underway for the lead role in a real-person version of Kim Possible, according to a report on Polygon. The character debuted in a self-titled animated series-which showed her trying to balance espionage and high school-in 2002, with two movies following in 2003 and 2005. Creators Mark McCorkle, Robert Schooley, and Josh Cagan are set to executive produce and are working on a script for the project, which doesn't yet have a release window. Adam B. Stein and Zach Lipovsky will co-direct.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-the-sitch-disneys-working-on-a-live-action-kim-p-1822799750

Wonder how they'll handle Rufus. Real life naked mole rats are a lot less cute.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:

NO!!!

Based on what little I've seen of Kim Possible, I can't see this ending well - the cartoon, with its style of fighting to the aesthetic of its characters (e.g. Shego) seems antithical to live action.

I know I should be excited... but I can't help but feeling anxious. I'm surprised they're doing this now when then show has been off the air for years.

Admittedly, I just want the show back on tv again, I'm sick of all this tween pop crap they keep shoveling down our throats...

Id post that as autoplay but this isnt the right board for that nonsense.

Well given that I was WAY into Kim Possible back in the day, I say to this:

NO!

I mean, I could see a live action movie of this working, I just suspect it will not. For some reason I think an animated feature could work.

At first I thought "Oh, maybe it'd be ok?" but then I saw some of the above examples others have linked. I'm now rather concerned about how this could possibly turn out. (Think they'll stick pointy cone-shaped objects down the actresses' shirt for accuracy?)

i have a feeling this is going to be one where it's better to ignore it and stick to the cartoon if you even care or still care about it

All characters better still wear parachute pants.

We already had a great Kim Possible movie anyway, it was called So The Drama:

Eh, I'm good. We already got two great Kim Possible movies:
A Sitch in Time and So The Drama

Eh? Never really watched Kim Possible, except maybe once, so I have no real opinion other than to wonder why they insist on making live-action versions of cartoons when animation is a much more versatile medium.

Only if we get live-action 'Kego'.

I never actually watched Kim Possible, it was just one that I missed. Was it good? I only watched Avatar: Last Airbender a couple of years ago and enjoyed it - is KP something I might like now, or is it one of those that is clearly made for kids / young teens?

As for a live-action movie... just given what history has shown us a multitude of times over now; animated turned live-action does not work. So I have no hope for this.

Auron225:
I never actually watched Kim Possible, it was just one that I missed. Was it good? I only watched Avatar: Last Airbender a couple of years ago and enjoyed it - is KP something I might like now, or is it one of those that is clearly made for kids / young teens?

As for a live-action movie... just given what history has shown us a multitude of times over now; animated turned live-action does not work. So I have no hope for this.

It's very entertaining and pretty decent. I've heard some adults are still into it. I recommend checking it out.

gigastar:

Also, I'd slap you.

Arnoxthe1:

gigastar:

Also, I'd slap you.

You could try, but i get a very high evasion bonus from my internet connection.

gigastar:

Arnoxthe1:

gigastar:

Also, I'd slap you.

You could try, but i get a very high evasion bonus from my internet connection.

I wouldn't bank on that if I were you, they invested in True Strike.

Silliness aside, the only reasons I see for them to push live action is because for one, they have their whole Kid-star industry that they need to promote (yech!) and two, live action is cheaper than actually hiring animators to do the work.

Last I heard, the last 2D animators in Disney employ do the projector animations in Disneyland that you can see each night, I mean, how depressing is that?

Question:
Why? I mean, just...why?

I see no reason to make this nor do I see it being any good.

Tanis:
Question:
Why? I mean, just...why?

I see no reason to make this nor do I see it being any good.

There is a live-action movie about Classic Disney villain's children that grew up in "bad town" going to fairy-tale high school, butting heads with sleeping beauty's and Prince Charming's family.

A Kim Possible movie actually sounds okay by comparison, concept-wise.

How's about a Kim Possible video game made by a competent studio instead?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here