Do you like the Bat family better than Batman

I always prefer the Robins over Batman, I feel as if Batman is too OP and too perfect but when it comes to Dick,Jason,Tim, Stepahnie, Carrie and Damian I know their strengths and weaknesses. Not all of them are as good of a fighter as Batman and not all of them are smart as him but they do have things that make them unique and interesting.

Nightwing is literally one of my favorite heroes of all time.

He's Batman done right in my opinion. And I have to admit a lot of it is due to Bruce training him to let go of his anger and use it to do what was right.

Not so much Bat Family, but I do like Mr. Freeze.

And I am gonna just say for the hell of it.

I think it should have been Batman and Catwomen that got hitched and had a kid and be considered canon.

Unlike Damien Wayne the spawn of the Al Ghuls :P

ObsidianJones:
Nightwing is literally one of my favorite heroes of all time.

He's Batman done right in my opinion. And I have to admit a lot of it is due to Bruce training him to let go of his anger and use it to do what was right.

I always felt the relationship between him and Barbara was one of the best super hero relationships out there. Too bad they keep having them breakup so they can have the excuse of one or both of them standing all sad in the rain, wondering what went wrong this time.
Bad writing is what.

TBH, I've never liked the idea of Batman having any sidekicks or partners outside Alfred.

When you dress up as a bat, go out in night and stop criminals, having anyone else beside you (especially in red coloured suits) is going to take away from that. It's part of why Bats feels so out of place in the Justice League (to me), considering that he has no powers and usually confines his activities to just one city.

Bruce Wayne's parents are the best.

For not abusing plot armour.

I like Batman a lot, but I kinda like Nightwing and Tim Drake a bit more. Plus Alfred

Definitely, yeah. Batman, IMHO, is best as a grumpy presence that the real characters react to.

What I like are the villains.

Nightwing, Cassandra Cain, and Tim Drake are some of my favorite characters. I prefer them over Batman tbh.

Batman is cool, but Nightwing is the one I'd much rather hang out with on a daily basis. Alfred is always cool. Always,

Batman is Batman, so yeah, I prefer him.

But I think the dynamic between him and the Bat family is what makes things interesting. He's the rigid parent/mentor figure with an iron discipline, they're generally more free spirited, but maybe not as on the ball. It shows the contrast between them and Batman, who is the best, but also this nearly emotionless robot who's never going to stop until he completely breaks down. Characters like Barbara Gordon and Tim Drake I can actually see hanging up their mantel one day and just retire and lead a happy life.

[b]Use several hours of your spare time to acquire extra $1000 on your paypal account each week... Get more details on following site>>>

.......... http://Help80.com

NO. I can't stand the 'bat family'. Batman for me is about one man's crusade. A brooding and lone figure with no attachments(except maybe his butler) behind the charade of a womanizing playboy. Batman being somewhat unstable and a nutter himself also makes his relationship with the Joker so interesting. Despite coming from opposing sides it makes it easy for them to relate to one another. The bat family adds nothing in my opinion and I always skip those stories. I loved Snyder's 'death of the family' but unfortunately DC/WB didn't let him follow through. :p But yeah, my favorite Batman by far is that of Miller, Mounch and Snyder.

Majestic Manatee:
Bruce Wayne's parents are the best.

For not abusing plot armour.

That's true for most superhero parents/guardians (that aren't already superheroes)

I mean, yeah, kind of. Batman is fairly one note as characters go, so its those around him that are generally the more interesting. Have ever read Gotham Central? Go read Gotham Central

Pallindromemordnillap:
I mean, yeah, kind of. Batman is fairly one note as characters go, so its those around him that are generally the more interesting. Have ever read Gotham Central? Go read Gotham Central

Yeah, I did really like that one. Though, it really centered around Gotham PD and Batman was more talked about than present which made it more interesting. The story was kind of like a more low-key police procedural and zooming in on these more regular side characters added a lot of dept to Gotham PD as a whole. Gotham Central was really the opposite of goofballs in costumes. It's particularly cool to see Batman from a more mundane perspective.

Oracle is clearly the best choice.

I like basically every superhero more than Batman at this point.

I mean my general feeling on Batman is that his corner of the DC Universe is only interesting because of all the other characters that are forced to interact with him. Either his allies like Nightwing, or more prominently his rogues' gallery of villains. They, for me, are the only reason to possibly give a toss about Batman in the slightest and even then it's hardly enough for me to care.

Besides my favourite Batman villain is the Riddler and he works better as a villain for literally anybody else. He should just move out of Gotham permanently. Leave the brooding misery guts to scowl all night long while Riddler's off terrorising heroes that are vibrant and interesting.

I am amazed that no one has mentioned Terry fuckin McGuiness Batman:

Samtemdo8:
I am amazed that no one has mentioned Terry fuckin McGuiness Batman

Isn't get next-gen though? Does he count as part of the Bat Family?

Samtemdo8:
I am amazed that no one has mentioned Terry fuckin McGuiness Batman:

To be honest Terry is the only one of the lot I give two hoots about.

Then again, I honestly don't get the popularity of Batman.

Don't hate him or anything, but overall... Meh.

Batman Beyond wasn't very good. It didn't even earn the title Batman.

I find literally every member of the Batman family an order of magnitude more interesting than Batman.

Absolutely. Batman is incredibly one note. The broody loner schtick gets old after a while. The Bat family gives him people to bounce of off, and them being normal people they are actually interesting characters who don't run in place for decades like Batman does. Batman is one of the least relatable heroes in comics and the other balance it out.

Love me some bat-family. Probably more than the man himself, I think the best Batman stories are ones where all the other characters are dealing with the absence of Bruce Wayne or where he is just a background character.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here