Question about Amazon refunds

If you refund something on Amazon, and that something includes taxes (like how buying a Vive off Amazon adds on about $40 in taxes), is the Sales Tax lost upon the refund?, or do you refund the taxed amount as well?

I've never refunded anything on Amazon, but in pretty much every case in civilized society, a "refund" entails everything you paid (nonrefundable deposits and such declarations withstanding.) Otherwise, you'd essentially be paying tax on a service/product you didn't receive.

I've only ever had to return one item from Amazon, and everything I was charged for - item, VAT and postage - was repaid in full.

Grouchy Imp:
I've only ever had to return one item from Amazon, and everything I was charged for - item, VAT and postage - was repaid in full.

Same, Full refunds for me.

Silentpony:

Grouchy Imp:

Same, Full refunds for me.

I've gotten items refunded twice (once for a PS Vita case that, despite the item description, didn't actually fit on mine; and once for a book that was damaged on arrival), and both times I got a full refund, tax and shipping included.

Iv had several refunds from amazon as I buy everything there and if you request a refund as long as its defective or such you get a full refund.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here