Help me remember this old Anime TV show about People fighting with monsters

so i think around 2008 i saw this show but don't count on it, SO it started off with a boy runing From the police then getting a really painful "Growth" on his arm something to do with a "wind monster god thing" kinda looked like a 8 but more "o" then he ran in a portal "i think because of the wind thing" then he fell out of the sky in a new world in the middle of a battle between two really big monsters be controlled by people behind them and its foggy after that but i know he wasnt able to use the wind monster thing because it was too strong "this is all ep 1" and yea i cant remember any thing else, thank you for your time oh and the 0000 thing was on his left arm i think

Sounds like Kiba

2008 classifies as "old" now? Fuck me, I must damned ancient.

:D thank you good Sir

DarthCoercis:

Yeah, hard to believe that Metal Gear Solid 4 and Grand Theft Auto 4 are now 10 years old.

DarthCoercis:

Same here. When he said old, I was mentally going through 80's anime...

DarthCoercis:

Ten years ago Dubya was still the president.

I still think of OG Gundam as 'classic'.

Now 'kids' are calling it 'ancient'.

Three decades and it seems like everything from my youth has gone from 'old' to 'classic'.

Batman:TAS?
Classic animated series.

No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom?
Classic punk-rock.

Fucking AYBABTU?
A CLASSIC meme!

Getting old...it hurts, ya'll.

I remember when someone called Black Cat and old anime. Time flies, I guess.

DarthCoercis:

I was thinking the same thing. Jesus, when I read 'old' I was thinking 90's at the latest.

DarthCoercis:

I think I could hear my bones creaking just reading that. When I think old anime the first things that pop into my mind are shows like Robotech/Macross, Magic Knight Rayearth, Gundam or Escaflowne.

Don't be so harsh. Think about it, if someone is only 18 then 10 years is more than half of his entire life. It will seem old.

Tanis:

No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom?
Classic punk-rock.

Getting old...it hurts, ya'll.

No Doubt fall into classic now? But they were only...... shit. I need a beer and a nap.

Smithnikov:

DarthCoercis:

Same here. When he said old, I was mentally going through 80's anime...

Anything created before they were born might as well had been created in Ancient Rome. I wonder if Cicero had a SNES or a Sega Genesis...

CaitSeith:
Anything created before they were born might as well had been created in Ancient Rome. I wonder if Cicero had a SNES or a Sega Genesis...

Not sure about Cicero, but I do know that Nero had a Jaguar.

I don't consider anything below 15~20 years to be 'old' really. Unless it's about internet memes or internet news. I don't like it, but I've gotten used to anything meme or news related that is more than a year old, being 'old'. Though if you go with the 'kids' these days, anything meme or news related from a month ago is already 'old'.

God I'm only 30 and I already feel so old these days. xD

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here