Old-school video game ringtones?

My girlfriend just got an old Zelda sound effect for notifications on her Android phone, and now it's got me itching for some. Anyone have a good repository for high-quality sound bites? I'm thinking I'll go with Mario ones to start then see where nostalgia leads me.
download games ringtone here: https://123ringtones.info/games-ringtones

Just use your music library?

I have Tina Guo's LoZ track as a ring tone.

I found a pretty good repository for exactly this not long ago. I'll see if I can dig it out.

My own ringtone is the Lost Woods theme from OoT.

My default ringtone is the Metal Gear Codec ring. My notification is the Metal Gear Codec chirp.

My alarm is the Silent Hill sirens. That really wakes me up.

You can find all of those plus really anything you might think of on Zedge. The search function is terrible, but just keep scrolling and you will find it.

I've been using the Mega Man X password theme as my ringtone for a little over 10 years now I think.

Although in that case I have downloads of the game's soundtrack so I just set the music file as a ringtone.

My text alert however is the message ping from Log Horizon, which I got from Zedge. It's a free app so I recommend giving it a try.

Tank207:
I've been using the Mega Man X password theme as my ringtone for a little over 10 years now I think.

Although in that case I have downloads of the game's soundtrack so I just set the music file as a ringtone.

My text alert however is the message ping from Log Horizon, which I got from Zedge. It's a free app so I recommend giving it a try.

Same as I friend. I also using Mega Man. :-)

I used a metal remix of Bloody Tears from Castlevania II as the ringtone on my first phone.
Not game stuff currently, though: at the moment my ringtone is Flaming Telepaths by Blue Oyster Cult, and my text alert is the first eight notes of Starship Trooper by Yes.

Get the Zedge app for all your wallpaper and ringtone needs. I got Lucca's theme from Chrono Trigger as my ringtone.

Canadamus Prime:
Get the Zedge app...

Would I be able to get "Endless Challenge" from the F-Zero X OST for a ringtone, and a wallpaper based on F-Zero to go with?

I don't have a cellphone, but I set my dad's ringtone to Navi saying "Hey, listen!" a couple years ago and he's still using it for some reason.

I tend to just use the songs I dl from OCremix. Right now this is my ringtone.

I am gonna sound like old man here, Can't all you young people use default phone ringing sounds like a normal person?

Custom ringtones is the most obnoxious thing a person can have in a public place. I can imagine hearing the Sephiroth theme song ringing in a quite waiting room :P

American Tanker:

Canadamus Prime:
Get the Zedge app...

Would I be able to get "Endless Challenge" from the F-Zero X OST for a ringtone, and a wallpaper based on F-Zero to go with?

Ringtone, yes. Wallpaper, well I could only find 1 when I did a search for it.

Samtemdo8:
Custom ringtones is the most obnoxious thing a person can have in a public place. I can imagine hearing the Sephiroth theme song ringing in a quite waiting room. :P

Imagine going on a road trip and one of your passengers has an F-Zero X song for a ringtone. Next thing you know, you've got a massive police force after you.

Canadamus Prime:

Ah, pity. Still, thanks for looking.

Samtemdo8:
I am gonna sound like old man here, Can't all you young people use default phone ringing sounds like a normal person?

No because the default ones are boring. Also I'm 36, I don't fall into the category of "young people" anymore.

American Tanker:

Canadamus Prime:

Ah, pity. Still, thanks for looking.

No problem.

Samtemdo8:

Custom ringtones is the most obnoxious thing a person can have in a public place. I can imagine hearing the Sephiroth theme song ringing in a quite waiting room :P

Using the default ringtone makes it difficult sometimes to tell whether it's your phone ringing or the phone of the person next to you. With an obscure custom tone, I always know immediately that it's my phone.
So really, it's not even a matter of ego or flashiness as much as just general practicality.

Not exactly retro (only 11 years old), but I've been using the Team Fortress 2 end match jingle as a text message tone.

I kind of miss the days though where you had to hand type a long numerical code into your phone just to get a naff Mission Impossible theme. Then again I kind of don't.

This is my ringtone right now:

Silvanus:
I found a pretty good repository for exactly this not long ago. I'll see if I can dig it out.

My own ringtone is the Lost Woods theme from OoT.

Ooh, I got the song of storms instead. Only because finding the Hag's potion shop theme from MM didn't work out

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here