Let Us Say Hello And Goodbye Together!!! CELEBRATE THE ESCAPIST!!!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

If things do disappear with no replacement in sight... fuck. You guys were an enjoyably frustrating mess. But, enough of a mess that I liked to be a part of it. I won't forget how this place smartened me up from a stupid rose tinted glasses internet poster into someone with some actual sense (Believe it or not). So, points for that.

If this is the end, well... It's been interesting, to say the least!

I'm still hopeful we'll pull through, but if not, then good luck in your future travels all!

Another doom thread. At this hour? If It was doom surely there wouldn't be tinkering. They'd just turn off the lights.

TopazFusion:

ResonanceSD:
Let's aggressively moderate the users with no consistency then take a weak-ass position on issues affecting gaming, then blame the audience

- Some super successful website, somewhere. Oh wait that was you lot.

Bitter until the very end. Good show.

Deflecting blame until the site's dying breaths. Good job.

chocolate pickles:

TopazFusion:

ResonanceSD:
Let's aggressively moderate the users with no consistency then take a weak-ass position on issues affecting gaming, then blame the audience

- Some super successful website, somewhere. Oh wait that was you lot.

Bitter until the very end. Good show.

Pretending you weren't the cause of your own problems until the site's dying breath. Good job.

Come on, be honest, some people here are massive arseholes. They are, quite literally (new definition), the actual holes (massive) in arses through which shit falls out. Not even with any sort of sphincter control, it's just, like, BLAM! SHIT FALLS OUT.

Goodbye, people who have a sphincter.

chocolate pickles:

Silentpony:

chocolate pickles:

Pretending you weren't the cause of your own problems until the site's dying breath. Good job.

Acting like a condescending prick, then getting your ass beat when you came into the WW. Nice work.

Difference between me and you, boyo, is that at least I had the balls to say how I get directly. Your a dirty coward, hiding behind a passive agressive, smug facade of politenes.

You exemplify everything wrong with this site: a bunch of self important dicks who think their something special.

On the contrary, unlike you I don't have an air of delusional self-importance. I don't pretend to be above the rules of the site, or think so fucking highly of myself that the site revolves around me and my bullshit, or that I deserve a day in court for my bullshit, self-created grievances.

I didn't get my 'ass beat' in the WW, I proved how fucking stupid it was, how weak and shallow its posters are to cry foul when someone doesn't go along with their dank memes, and guess what? I'm still here and the WW is not.
Whose ass do you think got beat?

Silentpony:

chocolate pickles:

Silentpony:

Acting like a condescending prick, then getting your ass beat when you came into the WW. Nice work.

Difference between me and you, boyo, is that at least I had the balls to say how I get directly. Your a dirty coward, hiding behind a passive agressive, smug facade of politenes.

You exemplify everything wrong with this site: a bunch of self important dicks who think their something special.

On the contrary, unlike you I don't have an air of delusional self-importance. I don't pretend to be above the rules of the site, or think so fucking highly of myself that the site revolves around me and my bullshit, or that I deserve a day in court for my bullshit, self-created grievances.

I didn't get my 'ass beat' in the WW, I proved how fucking stupid it was, how weak and shallow its posters are to cry foul when someone doesn't go along with their dank memes, and guess what? I'm still here and the WW is not.

Yours. You tried to crash my browser with auto play, which failed because I only visit this site on my phone, then got called out for being an asshole.

I never pretended to be above the rules of the site. I just went where they didn't apply. Because they were dumb.

chocolate pickles:

Silentpony:

chocolate pickles:

Yours. You tried to crash my browser with auto play, which failed because I only visit this site on my phone, then got called out for being an asshole.

I never pretended to be above the rules of the site. I just went where they didn't apply. Because they were dumb.

Again with the self importance. You think it was just your browser that was being fucked with? Oh boyo, everyone had to deal with it, and exactly as I thought everyone started baawwing because it wasn't funny. Hell other threads got made to baaww at how the memes weren't funny anymore.
And it worked. The WW is gone. Although in its defense, the memes were never funny and it should have never existed.

If the end is truly near then so be it. I've logged on to this site nearly every day for the better part of a decade, and I intend to see it through to the very end. I wish anyone who sees this the very best in all future endeavours. My only regret is never getting the Neo badge.

Silentpony:

chocolate pickles:

Silentpony:

Again with the self importance. You think it was just your browser that was being fucked with? Oh boyo, everyone had to deal with it, and exactly as I thought everyone started baawwing because it wasn't funny. Hell other threads got made to baaww at how the memes weren't funny anymore.
And it worked. The WW is gone. Although in its defense, the memes were never funny and it should have never existed.

And there you go acting like you made the site better though getting rid of the WW. Grow up. You didn't change shit, because A): the mods didn't give a shit about the wishes of the community and did what they wanted, and B): the site is dead a week or so later.

I truly hope you really aren't some martial arts/self defence instructor like you say. I wouldn't want your pupils taking on your arrogance.

Can you two just make up now so it can be like that Simpsons episode with the bunker where everyones arguing and its sad but then they go outside and sing together.

Bye all. I will miss being called a nazi.

chocolate pickles:
SNIP

Site is not dead, we're all still here and its been weeks.

Again you assume arrogance when pride will do. Do I think I personally, single-handedly took down the WW? No, you guys did that beautifully without me. Do I think I showed you guys you weren't nearly as clever or funny or edgy as you thought you were, and how fragile and thin your skin really was? Yeah I did, and I'm damn proud of it.

To put it into self-defense terms, the WW was that loud drunk at the bar, barking and howling about how great they are and how they can take on anyone there. And I was the metaphorical guy who finally goes 'Okay'. And like the drunk, the WW turned out to be a paper tiger, running to the bosses to protect them and fix the problem, make the bad man go away!
That's one thing I do teach pupils - most people bluff and back down instantly.

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:

Well with that avatar, I am not surprised you are.

Well, if it is the end.....

I had fun. I don't remember how I found the site, but I did and I've been here 10 years, even if I didn't post much at all. Managed to keep my nose clean, only got into 1 major internet fight (that I remember anyway, and like all internet fights it was petty and dumb and it still embarrasses me to this day).

Had some good conversations while I was here. I suppose I'll have to start looking for a new gaming forum home. Gauche gave me some links to check out the other day. Maybe it's time to finally make a Reddit account.....

Samtemdo8:

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:

I can't see ROTWW avatar. What's he got?

See you next time round. Shame I didn't make it to 10,000 posts.

It's been a good 10-ish years, everybody. I might give 'Into Sanctuary' a look and if I like it, I might join.

Otherwise; it's been a blast! Thank you all for the years of entertainment and insight! We'll probably never see each other again, though.

Been a hell of a long time since i posted for anything besides advertising Escapism UK meetups, and for some reason my avatar pic has fucked off?????
But I've met some amazing people through this site, and it deserved a lot better than it got in the end. I'll be sad to see it go, but grateful for the time I had and the friends I made here.

Silentpony:

Samtemdo8:

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:

Varg Vikernes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varg_Vikernes

Well I'm not convinced it's the end yet, but that day can't be very far off, so now is as good a time as any. I'll never forget this place. The Escapist is somehow still only the second internet forum I've ever joined, and since the other shut down years ago, is the only place I have to post when I feel like expressing myself to strangers.

I didn't make any friends here, I didn't contribute a lot, but I'm very glad this place existed, and I had a lot of fun here. It's the best internet community I know of; yes, even after all the sane people left, it's still a decent place with worthwhile discussions to be had.

Whenever you go, I'll miss you.

Silentpony:

Samtemdo8:

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:

Lol, chocolate pickles got banned.

I am the Escapist.
I will ride this train to the bitter end, hop off at Coney Island, and get myself some Nathan's and salt-water taffy.

Well, whether the site goes down tomorrow or gets reborn as something(hopefully) better, the last seven years have been fun and it was a pleasure talking with most of you.

Marik2:

At least one good thing happened before the end.

See you all in hell! It's been, um... Kinda all over the place, really.

Marik2:

Pyrian:
At least one good thing happened before the end.

See you all in hell! It's been, um... Kinda all over the place, really.

Amen to all of that

I didn't post often but I've been lurking around since the early days of Zero Punctuation. This site has always been my go to when I need somewhere to go on the internet. It will always have a place in my internet heart. Ride on you crazy stallions. Hopefully it still kicks a while longer.

I'm in two minds about this.

I haven't really been around much for a while since the site devolved into something I no longer enjoyed. The GamerGate era really ruined the forum based social side of sites such as this for me. Where I came here for light hearted chat about movies, games and anything else I enjoy it quickly became a bitch-fest and quite a toxic environment.

I would be a massive shame for it to go though. Back whilst on a middle east deployment in 2011 I really got into the site and met a load of good people. Then on my return I attended my first Escapism weekend. Now I see them on a bi-annual basis when I can make it meeting all over the UK. To see the site that was the catalyst for us all getting together (and still under the sites moniker) go, or be changed beyond recognition, would be something near devastating.

(Jumper clearly on point in the bowling pic.)

Not very good at goodbyes. Or hellos for that matter. The inbetween parts are alright.

Seems the 504 has calmed down

The 504s and 502s seems to have drastically reduced. There's no more bots rushes. So that would suggest people have fixed things, right? Which is a good sign...

Marik2:
Seems the 504 has calmed down

Addendum_Forthcoming:
The 504s and 502s seems to have drastically reduced. There's no more bots rushes. So that would suggest people have fixed things, right? Which is a good sign...

True, although there's still plenty of stuff busted. Things are looking up slightly.

But NOT ENOUGH to prevent me from being deliciously dramatic about it:

But the page, loading lonely on the placid screen, displayed only
That one word, as if its soul in that one word it did outpour.
Nothing farther then it uttered, not a thread did not stutter
Till I scarcely more than muttered "Other forums have flown before
On the morrow it will leave me, as my Hopes have flown before."
Quoth the page "504."

Marik2:

Wow, I legit didn't see that coming. I didn't think his post of calling me a coward was even warning worthy...
But it is what it is. Sorry to see him go - he was a good laugh!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here