Deadpool 2 - Spoilers territory

Pages PREV 1 2

Geez, I knew I took too long to see the movie, but I did not realize it was THAT long!

Whatever, I saw it last night...

I fucking loved it! The Deadpool movies are pretty much everything I want in a movie. I mean, the movie basically panders to me as a nerd and Marvel fan though, but I don't care.

I also like technically good Deadpool honestly. Sure he is not -too- bothered by collateral damage, but I do prefer him ultimately wanting to do good, even if it is vulgar and dirty, as opposed to him jumping between good and evil for the hell of it.

Also apparently the time travel stuff at the end is canon, so Vanessa is alive now as is Peter! (yay), and Ryan Reynolds is dead.

Also also, I think Deadpool getting covered in ash at the end was a sneaky way for them to throw in Deadpool's X-Force costume.

Also also also apparently they had planned for a Chris Evans as the Human Torch cameo...I wish it happened...I love Chris Evans and that shit would have killed me!

I've seen Deadpool 2 twice now and loved it both times. I'm only disappointed I couldn't find my Deadpool disc to watch the original movie before seeing it (moved recently and stuff is still all over the place). For me, the jokes always landed, the action was great, and I felt that this movie had more heart than the original, putting it slightly above that one in overall quality.

I know Reynolds has said that he thinks Deadpool is probably done as a stand-alone series, but sees the character working in a group movie (apparently there is an X-Force film in the works). Anything that brings more Deadpool is welcome for me.

Silentpony:
Like you know how when you cut the head off a chicken its at least a little funny to watch it run around in dying spasms before your shame and guilt kick in?

No?What kind of childhood did you have?!?

OT: I thought it was bad. I love deadpool as a character but they aren't really doing him justice. The entired movie plot/scenerio was just horrible. Some of the jokes were okay, most were bad, 1 or 2 were actually funny ( the empty mansion and the credits).

It's really feels like the writters think they know what makes deadpool awesome and completely misses the mark.

Now i can only hope for a decent Punisher movie.

TheVampwizimp:
I'm with tippy, I love both Deadpool movies. The first one is just fun, and the second one is fun plus more and better action. I do kind of have a problem with fridging Vanessa, but I also knew that was going to happen. What else were they going to do with her?

Reveal her to be Vanessa Carlysle aka the mutant known as Copycat, who was a pretty big part of the Deadpool comics for a while.

votemarvel:

TheVampwizimp:
I'm with tippy, I love both Deadpool movies. The first one is just fun, and the second one is fun plus more and better action. I do kind of have a problem with fridging Vanessa, but I also knew that was going to happen. What else were they going to do with her?

Reveal her to be Vanessa Carlysle aka the mutant known as Copycat, who was a pretty big part of the Deadpool comics for a while.

Thing is, she IS Vanessa Carlysle, but the movie completely removed the mutant powers, only keeping the prostitute origin.

Chimpzy:

votemarvel:

TheVampwizimp:

Thing is, she IS Vanessa Carlysle, but the movie completely removed the mutant powers, only keeping the prostitute origin.

Which is a shame, because the movie could probably get a lot of mileage out of a pansexual having sex with a shapeshifter. We already know deadpool likes her wearong a strapon, why not just have her shape shift into a dude among other things.

Maybe next movie

undeadsuitor:
Maybe next movie.

It's always going to be treated as a joke.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here