Bumblebee trailer. Possibly the last Bayformers movie.

They certainly simplifyed his design though. And apperently Starscream is in this too. And both have thier classic Vehicle designs.

And also I am getting some influances from the Iron Giant with this...

That...looks good? Like really good? If I hadn't just sat through like 6 awful transformers movies I would be down right excited for this.

Bumblebees design is exactly what I wanted from a live action transformers movie. There doesn't seem to be 200 human characters clogging the script. With only one (or two with scream) transformers, they'll probably focus more on them instead of treating them like window dressing because of cgi cost.

And John cena is there

So, the guy who's directing this is Travis Knight, previously of Laika Studio, the people behing a bunch of pretty damn good animated movies, he himself having directed Kubo and the Two Strings. That being said... I don't particularly care to see a Transformers movie directed by someone other than Bay. I am aware that's not the most popular opinion but the thing that made those movies watchable was his direction, there's nothing I enjoy about this franchise outside of that. I imagine this movie might end up with a stronger screenplay than Bays which, for people who watch these for the plot, might make it a better movie but as far as I am concerned... if you take away Bay's talent for visuals all that's left is a boring franchise about clunky robots having clunky dialogue and occasionally engaging in clunky combat.

Pass. I like VWs though, so I'll watch the scenes featuring the bug when they're on youtube.

It's nice to see the original vehicle designs rather than what was done to them in the earlier films. Having this out of Bay's hands can only be a good thing, as I completely disagree with PsychedelicDiamond's opinion on the Bay films. I'll need to see more and hear some reviews, though, before I'll even think of seeing it.

And for the love of all that is holy, why can't Bumblebee speak by now? Seriously!? Or is this some kind of prequel to the first movie where only Bumblebee and Starscream have activated or whatever? Might explain why he initially appears afraid of a single human girl.

COMaestro:
It's nice to see the original vehicle designs rather than what was done to them in the earlier films. Having this out of Bay's hands can only be a good thing, as I completely disagree with PsychedelicDiamond's opinion on the Bay films. I'll need to see more and hear some reviews, though, before I'll even think of seeing it.

And for the love of all that is holy, why can't Bumblebee speak by now? Seriously!? Or is this some kind of prequel to the first movie where only Bumblebee and Starscream have activated or whatever? Might explain why he initially appears afraid of a single human girl.

Yeah it's a prequel

I heard they wanted to make this a soft reboot.

That being said, I was surprised that I thought it looked.......decent.

Well, this looks different.

Or at least different for Bayformers. It seems to be following the formula of "a boy and his X" (or girl in this case), but that's still a deviation from what we've had so far.

Also, while I'm not really a Transformers fan of any generation (I liked Beast Wars back in the day, but that's about it), I personally like the aesthetic they're going for with the 'bots - less 'busy' and more 'smooth,' if that makes sense.

"Last?" What do you mean by last? Is Hasbro gonna stop doing Transformer movies now after Bumblebee?

COMaestro:

yes it appear to be a sequel...

However, they dont give a shit about continuity in transformers movies anyway. because if you remember the last knight, bumblebee and several other transformers actually fought in WWII.

remember we come from this :

To this :

He's now afraid of a little girl ??? Transformer PTSD ?

WolvDragon:
"Last?" What do you mean by last? Is Hasbro gonna stop doing Transformer movies now after Bumblebee?

They removed Transformers 6 from their production slate recently.

There's also talk of Hasbro wanting a cinematic universe with its properties, so if that's the case, it might make sense to reboot the Transformers films to fit in.

Hawki:

WolvDragon:

There's also talk of Hasbro wanting a cinematic universe with its properties, so if that's the case, it might make sense to reboot the Transformers films to fit in.

I think the reason they removed it is because Paramount is in serious financial troubles right now, and until they manage to sort out the nightmare that is the Viacom re-merger, that isn't likely to change.

Hawki:

WolvDragon:

I've heard rumors that Bumblebee films is supposed to sorta be the reboot even if its a prequel.

Though if its a reboot, that can be confusing since the beginning has the Bernie Mac voiceover from the first film

This actually looks like it will be enjoyable on more than a visceral level. And hey, there's Starscream looking better than he did before.

Gordon_4:
This actually looks like it will be enjoyable on more than a visceral level. And hey, there's Starscream looking better than he did before.

I wish he was still an F-22 Fighter Jet though.

But than again I think this movie DOES take place in the 1980s.

Samtemdo8:

Gordon_4:

But if you're hiding on Earth, how does a fighter jet of any kind stay inconspicuous? 0_0

Gordon_4:
And hey, there's Starscream looking better than he did before.

Yup, seems like he even sports his classic color scheme. You know, aside from him and Bumblebee also not looking as "vaguely human-shaped scrapyard" as the previous movies.

Well, I... huh. This actually looks... kinda good?

Didn't see that coming.

The first live-action Transformers movie that actually looks kid friendly. As in, no fratboy dick jokes and toilet humor, and no gratuitous objectification of women. If it manages not to also suck the Chinese Communist Party's penis this might actually be an okay movie. Kudos for not having disgusting Bay visuals neither.

Up until the part where he actually transformed I was thinking this could be a reboot of Herbie. It doesn't look terrible, but it's not really what I want to see done with the Transformers franchise.

Samtemdo8:

Gordon_4:

Yeah, it takes place in '87, though curiously he's an F-4 Phantom in this movie, rather than the F-15 Eagle (his G1 alt-mode); though that does assume I am correct and that is Starscream and not another Seeker like Thundercracker or Ramjet.

Hawki:

Samtemdo8:

Gordon_4:

But if you're hiding on Earth, how does a fighter jet of any kind stay inconspicuous? 0_0

Yeah, I often notice a jet fly by every few days. Plus when you're at a base or where they come from, there would have to be tons of background checking as well as clean up. There's a slight chance that they'll figure out its a Transformer.

Natemans:

Hawki:

Samtemdo8:

Yeah, I often notice a jet fly by every few days. Plus when you're at a base or where they come from, there would have to be tons of background checking as well as clean up. There's a slight chance that they'll figure out its a Transformer.

And Megatron is a Pocket Pistol lol.

I prefer the Transformers Armada Megatron where he turns into a Tank.

... This is Bayformers? But... But they don't look like absolute trash! Where are the racist caricatures? The dick jokes? The objectification?! This looks so... So good! Then again, Last Knight's trailers promised something better than Bayformer's usual crap and the movie didn't deliver. At all. As hard as it may be, I'll keep my expectations for a competent Transformers movie low.

PsychedelicDiamond:
So, the guy who's directing this is Travis Knight, previously of Laika Studio

And with that, I'm sold.

cathou:

COMaestro:

yes it appear to be a sequel...

However, they dont give a shit about continuity in transformers movies anyway. because if you remember the last knight, bumblebee and several other transformers actually fought in WWII.

remember we come from this :

To this :

He's now afraid of a little girl ??? Transformer PTSD ?

I can't remember something I've never experienced! The second film was my end of the line for this franchise. :P

lets just all agree that the nazi hunting thing from the last transformers movies makes no sense and is stupid

undeadsuitor:
lets just all agree that the nazi hunting thing from the last transformers movies makes no sense and is stupid

Which is really failing to a new level. He do you make space robots killing Nazis in WWII merely stupid and not stupidly awesome or, heaven forfend, just awesome?

What I do think is that Bumblebee should be the first reboot movie.

Wow... I actually want to see this seeing as I could not sit through the last transformers while drunk that is saying a lot. Gonna go off on a limb and bet Bay did not direct this. Who knew that is all it needed to not be dogshit. Too bad I doubt it will repair the franchise on any level.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here