Lego Movie 2

Gonna give this one a pass. The first movie was, like, the definition of the kind of thing I don't find funny. Which isn't to say that it isn't funny, from an objective standpoint. Just... not my sense of humour at all.

Oh, another one.

I love the fact that between this and Wreck it Ralph we have not one but two jokes about hyper-confident female sidekicks playing second fiddle to less skilled male heroes

Now this trailer is something I can get behind. I loved the first one, and this has made me excited for number 2. Is there a Mad Max Lego set?

I...strangely like this?

I didn't like the first one that much, but at the least, the Mad Max vibe is nice.

Well, I can't find any official Mad Max Lego sets, but some people have certainly been doing an impressive job of recreating Fury Road in Lego

I love the original and probably one of my favorite films.

This one looks alright.

SOLD.

Kinda a pity that the kids won't get the Mad Max references for a looong time though.

undeadsuitor:
I love the fact that between this and Wreck it Ralph we have not one but two jokes about hyper-confident female sidekicks playing second fiddle to less skilled male heroes

I think the internet is raging about that.

Looks terrible. I liked the first one because it was a kid's fantasy playground. That doesn't work a second time.

Ok now I can add The Lego Movie to my list of movies that didn't need a sequel but are getting one anyway. Slot it in right next to Wreck-it Ralph. Although unlike Wreck-it Ralph 2 this doesn't seem quite so bad. Although I'm getting the distinct impression that they're resetting Emmett back to square one and whipping away all his development from the first movie.

I swear i thought they were on like Lego Movie 4 or 5 now. I'm sure there were other lego movies, but I can't think of them right now...

Silentpony:
I swear i thought they were on like Lego Movie 4 or 5 now. I'm sure there were other lego movies, but I can't think of them right now...

There are other movies, done in LEGO as a style (largely LEGO owned properties and DC properties), and there is the "LEGO movie" which is a more meta film about LEGO, while still featuring a lot of the other stuff.

Elijin:

Silentpony:

There are other movies, done in LEGO as a style (largely LEGO owned properties and DC properties), and there is the "LEGO movie" which is a more meta film about LEGO, while still featuring a lot of the other stuff.

AH! So Lego Movie 2 is in fact the 4th Lego movie in as many years. Totally not going to get old with Lego Batman 2 crossing over with Lego Movie 3 being the 5th Lego movie.

It looks interesting (does anyone else but me want a Mad Max Lego set?) Though the "hyper-competent female sidekick" thing really rubs me the wrong way. And I'm not sure how it's supposed to tie into the reveal of the first movie...

Maybe I'll give it a look, I dunno.

Silentpony:

Elijin:

Silentpony:

AH! So Lego Movie 2 is in fact the 4th Lego movie in as many years. Totally not going to get old with Lego Batman 2 crossing over with Lego Movie 3 being the 5th Lego movie.

Actually, it's the 15th LEGO movie in that time period. You could always just, not watch them if the concept wears on you though. Or, GASP, pass it over as not your interest, instead of throwing something negative and snarky into the mix (seriously your post history is dominated by popping into topics exclusively to tell everyone how much you dont enjoy the subject matter).

So, i guess i can guess the hidden plot from that trailer. 5 years after the first movie, the young boy is now probably in college or something and he dont really play with his lego sets anymore, and they gather dust. His sister however play with lego friends set (the space caracter that appear is obviously a lego friends, if you look the shape of it's arms) she decide to get get some of her brother sets (so space friends go abduct other caracter and emett goes after them)

cathou:
So, i guess i can guess the hidden plot from that trailer. 5 years after the first movie, the young boy is now probably in college or something and he dont really play with his lego sets anymore, and they gather dust. His sister however play with lego friends set (the space caracter that appear is obviously a lego friends, if you look the shape of it's arms) she decide to get get some of her brother sets (so space friends go abduct other caracter and emett goes after them)

That's probably it. The ending of the first showed how his sister entered her Lego set.

CrazyGirl17:
It looks interesting (does anyone else but me want a Mad Max Lego set?) Though the "hyper-competent female sidekick" thing really rubs me the wrong way. And I'm not sure how it's supposed to tie into the reveal of the first movie...

Maybe I'll give it a look, I dunno.

I am already working on a custom XD

cathou:
So, i guess i can guess the hidden plot from that trailer. 5 years after the first movie, the young boy is now probably in college or something and he dont really play with his lego sets anymore, and they gather dust. His sister however play with lego friends set (the space character that appear is obviously a lego friends, if you look the shape of it's arms) she decide to get get some of her brother sets (so space friends go abduct other character and emett goes after them)

I hope it isn't Friends. Friends ruin everything. I wish they had just used regular Lego minifigs on the friends sets so they could actually blend instead of having to dump tons of bald looking weird dolls after stealing their hair and accessories to put them on regular Lego minifigs. At least their hair and accessories were compatible so they were not a total loss.

cathou:
So, i guess i can guess the hidden plot from that trailer. 5 years after the first movie, the young boy is now probably in college or something

Based on how young he was, how the heck would he get into college in only five years?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here