Christopher Robin

And now I wait to see how the Lion King will look like.

This... actually looks like it could be interesting.

That voice is so creepy. Its like the voice of the old man in the abandoned house down the way that tortures cats. Just *shudder*

I'm really interested in it. Also Tigger looks adorable.

Is it supposed to be horrifying?

Seeing how Winnie the Pooh isn't exactly the most versatile of intellectual properties this is a somewhat creative place to take it. I mean, yeah, it seems obvious when you think about it, but I didn't see it coming. The problem is that these designs don't work. Now, it's not like I have anything against CGI but, come on, they're stuffed animals, I'm sure there's something you could do with puppets. Preferably something that looks less scary. Plus, Poohs voice... I mean, I guess he's supposed to sound weak and elderly but it doesn't work at all. It's monotone in a very uncomfortable way.

Tigger just looks so goddamn old. XD

I not sure how I feel about the trailer kinda spoiling the twist that "other people can see pooh and pals too", as that's one big question resolved before the movie is even out...But I'm going to hope that it has a lot more to it than that.

Still, I'm pretty interested in seeing where this goes. :)

With some clever editing this could be a pretty interesting horror trailer. Honestly when I first saw the thumbnail that's what I thought it was, some horror movie with stuffed animals, didn't even realise that's pooh.

I just liked hearing all their voices again. When I was a kid my mom was terrified of Barney and was annoyed with Dora, so I was brought up on Winnie the Pooh and Blues Clues.

Am sure it'll turn out fine. Looks all very cosy in an old-comforts sort of way. What Tiggers my Eeyore is that trailer music that seems to be either the same crappy pop "feel good" song they use for every "feel good" Brit film trailer, or is part of a genre of crappy music that sounds entirely indistinct from each other. Something about the overproduced noise of chanting boys and vague synth drum/brass blandness feels more like a sanitised football March than anything with a semblance of soul.

Will there be a suicide attempt scene from Eeyore at all? Or at the very least a hint of stuffed self-harm? We can approach these subjects now, it's fine, it's not taboo!

Wait, I forget, are they supposed to be actual teddy bears?

Wintermute:
With some clever editing this could be a pretty interesting horror trailer. Honestly when I first saw the thumbnail that's what I thought it was, some horror movie with stuffed animals, didn't even realise that's pooh.

Marik2:

Wintermute:

That is an awesome trailer.

I think both would have their place, the normal, whimsical version of the grown up Christopher Robin and the haunted by his old imaginary friends/stuffed toys Christopher Robin, both would make good movies, though probably for different audiences.

Marik2:

Wintermute:

YOUR SOUL IS MINE CHRISTOPHER. When can I watch it

Not sure if this is genuinely, endearingly cute or corny in a desperate way. Reminds me of that fake "gritty" Calvin & Hobbes movie.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here