Villain for new Dragon Ball Super Movie revealed(Spoilers)

It's none other than Broly himself https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/jul/09/broly-reportedly-returns-villain-dragon-ball-super-movie-due-out-year/

Well it looks like Broly returns, and this time he is canon. I honestly don't care much for his character, but I do hope they give him a better background and motivation this time, then just him being pissed at Goku for keeping him awake at night when they were babies.

WolvDragon:
then just him being pissed at Goku for keeping him awake at night when they were babies.

Let's be honest here, his incredibly stupid backstory is the only reason anyone actually remembers Broly in the first place.

They not only need to keep it intact, they need to make it dumber just because.

undeadsuitor:

WolvDragon:
then just him being pissed at Goku for keeping him awake at night when they were babies.

Let's be honest here, his incredibly stupid backstory is the only reason anyone actually remembers Broly in the first place.

No, everybody remembers Broly because Broly's power is MAXIMUM!

Even when I was still a fan of Dragon Ball I thought Broly was a really stupid villain.

Didn't he punch Vegata in the balls or something?

Canadamus Prime:
Even when I was still a fan of Dragon Ball I thought Broly was a really stupid villain.

"KAKAROT! KAKAROT!!"" That pretty much defines his character.

I'm only okay with this if Kale and Califla get to fly in from universe 6 and body him.

I mean...he had some of the best fight scenes in the entire series (at least in the first movie). It was less "honorable fight between martial artists" and more of a street fight.

Ryotknife:
I mean...he had some of the best fight scenes in the entire series (at least in the first movie). It was less "honorable fight between martial artists" and more of a street fight.

More like a pro wrestling match

altnameJag:
I'm only okay with this if Kale and Califla get to fly in from universe 6 and body him.

I mean, Kale basically is just universe 6's Broly (at least design-wise) so it only makes sense she would be the one to beat him.

Tanis:

That was Cooler who kicked Vegeta in the dick.

This is why I stopped watching anything Dragonball related aside from DBZ Abridged and Fighterz. Broly was never cool and boring. Somebody contact me when they find some better anime.

Drathnoxis:

undeadsuitor:

WolvDragon:

No, everybody remembers Broly because Broly's power is MAXIMUM!

Bah, TFS is overrated.

I grew up with the old school Toonami dub era. This is the sick music I was listening to in that movie:

Samtemdo8:

Bah, TFS is overrated.

Ahem.

No.

DBZ and especially DBS are garbage. DBZA has the benefit of hindsight and digital editing on its side, and has only made it better. I'm sad that the reality of making "fan-based parodies" caught up with them (i.e. it's not something you put in a professional resume, or at least not anymore), but they can still save everything with Episode 60.

Looking forward to seeing Broly again, his sjtick of not giving a fuck and tanking every hit while dishing it out may be a bit old at this time, but still, looking forward to it.

I have my reservations with modern animators though, I wonder if they'll be able to draw a big and bulky character like Broly in a satisfying way.

Samtemdo8:
I grew up with the old school Toonami dub era. This is the sick music I was listening to in that movie:

Those were some pretty trash dubs, making movies sound like some cheap Anime Music Videos on the internet, why not throw In The End from Linkin Park in there while you're at it.

WolvDragon:

Canadamus Prime:

That was the second movie that gave him less of a character, he talks in more sentences in his first movie.

But really, all we have to know is that he is essentially a true Saiyan Psychopath. I mean even other Saiyans fears he's way to violent and unpredictable. More an animal than a man.

Saiyans mabye be murderous pirates but even they have a logic and reason for thier activities. Broly just wants to see the world burn. In a sense, he's basically Kid Buu before Kid Buu was a thing.

Toriyama said in an interview that he is rewriting Broly's character since he didn't like his character/backstory in the original movies (thank god). It'll basically be a totally new character who just happens to look (and probably sound) like the Broly of old.

You'd think repeatedly failing to kill two little boys far weaker than him would have discredited Broly as a villain by now.

Tanis:

Cooler kicked Vegeta in the balls, Super Android 13 punched Goku in the balls.

The movie villains like going below the belt.

undeadsuitor:

altnameJag:

I mean, Kale basically is just universe 6's Broly (at least design-wise) so it only makes sense she would be the one to beat him.

Got it backwards. This is the first time Broly with be canon. Technically, he's Universe 7's Kale.

Tank207:

Tanis:

Cooler kicked Vegeta in the balls, Super Android 13 punched Goku in the balls.

The movie villains like going below the belt.

My favorite bit is where the freeze frame that Team Four Star used in Super Android 13 is unaltered. The actual animation has those two breaking balls.

Hades:
You'd think repeatedly failing to kill two little boys far weaker than him would have discredited Broly as a villain by now.

He couldn't even kill Videl or Krillian.

Pathetic.

altnameJag:

undeadsuitor:

altnameJag:

Got it backwards. This is the first time Broly with be canon. Technically, he's Universe 7's Kale.

This is the first time he's canon, but he's existed for since...you know he's existed.

Character designs exist outside canon

WolvDragon:

Canadamus Prime:

And that's being generous. Broly was an incredibly shallow 1-note villain even by the standards of a franchise that wasn't exactly known for complex, nuanced, 3 dimensional villains.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here