Hollywood sucks! Already they're trying to make a movie out of the Thai rescue operation

Looks like the Hollywood vultures are on the move not long after the soccer team was saved from that cave.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/race-begins-to-acquire-movie-and-book-rights-to-thai-cave-rescue-1531258134

How revolting, but I'm not surprised this is Hollywood after all.

What's the bet they make them Americans?

Thaluikhain:

Lead character played by Dwayne Johnson.

Although that man has enough charisma that I probably wouldn't care

In a similar vein to Thaluikhain, best to whitewash that cast for the box office sparkle!

Hold on, better make it a girl's soccer team. Better yet, women's team. And they weren't trapped, or in peril. And they saved the diving team!

The most important question here is who is going to be the love interest- I somehow doubt it'll be Elon Musk. Seriously, what was he thinking, expecting that his extremely early days prototype was going to be used in a real world, life or death scenario? It would be like a cancer patient being given magic beans.

But how are they gonna shoehorn superheros into this story?

Chimpzy:

Thaluikhain:

Haha! I made this exact same comment yesterday.

But I'm not surprised; I've been waiting on the "movie" whispers since they were discovered in that cave. Hollywood is nothing if not mercilessly crass and tasteless.

So what? Why not make it into a movie?

Chimpzy:

Thaluikhain:

Although that man has enough charisma that I probably wouldn't care

There would be a subplot about widening the cave so he could fit through it.

Starring Mark Wahlberg and directed by Peter Berg

To be fair it is a thrilling and compelling story, probably easily adapted into a movie. Will the movie be any good? Nah, but it'll make a profitable July 4 2020 release.

At least it will have a happy ending.

They made a movie about that guy who landed a plane on a river so why not movify this too?

WolvDragon:

How revolting

Why? Is it any different to Alive?

CaitSeith:

WolvDragon:

How revolting

Maybe because they're already doing this when they just barely got rescued? Also does everything need to turn into movie?

WolvDragon:

CaitSeith:

WolvDragon:

How revolting

Maybe because they're already doing this when they just barely got rescued? Also does everything need to turn into movie?

Does everything need to turn into a thread?🤔 I'm just messing with you though, having a person making threads is fun 👍

As for the topic at hand; think I'd enjoy a good cave suspense story.

WolvDragon:

CaitSeith:

WolvDragon:

How revolting

Fair enough. I don't agree with the second question, but I understand where it's coming from.

CaitSeith:

WolvDragon:

CaitSeith:

Fair enough. I don't agree with the second question, but I understand where it's coming from.

For the record, I'm not against them making a movie based on this. I just think its sad that their rushing right now to do it when the kids are just reuniting with their families.

Squilookle:

I'm not opposed to them making this into a movie, I just think it's poor taste that they're rushing to do so soon after they just got rescued.

Palindromemordnilap:
They made a movie about that guy who landed a plane on a river so why not movify this too?

Again I'm not opposed to this, but I think it's in poor taste to start thinking about this right after they were rescued.

That's Hollywood for you.

WolvDragon:

Squilookle:

I'm not opposed to them making this into a movie, I just think it's poor taste that they're rushing to do so soon after they just got rescued.

I don't particularly get this argument. I can understand it in the case of tragedy where we say that something should be delayed out of respect for the deceased and a desire to let the affected families mourn in peace. This is not one of those stories, however. This is a story where everyone lived. What exactly is a delay supposed to show deference to?

Asita:

WolvDragon:

Squilookle:

I don't particularly get this argument. I can understand it in the case of tragedy where we say that something should be delayed out of respect for the deceased and a desire to let the affected families mourn in peace. This is not one of those stories, however. This is a story where everyone lived. What exactly is a delay supposed to show deference to?

Except someone did unfortuanately die during the rescue.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44734385

WolvDragon:

Except someone did unfortuanately die during the rescue.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44734385

I stand corrected.

The big question is: will Elon Musk be the hero or the villain in this film?

PsychedelicDiamond:
But how are they gonna shoehorn superheros into this story?

Something something teamwork.

Eh, they are just after the rights If I'm reading it right. Kinda need to be quick on getting the rights because otherwise another guy will beat you to it.

Silvanus:
The big question is: will Elon Musk be the hero or the villain in this film?

He will be actively sabotaging the rescue efforts so that he can deploy his experimental sub, and the whole world will know the name SYNDROME!

No wait, different movie.

Nothing new. Fifteen years ago, TV networks would've been scrambling over each other to get a "ripped from the headlines" TV movie out of this.

Who knows, maybe in another fifteen years we'll be criticizing Netflix or Hulu for doing this.

MICHEAL BAY DIRECTS!
THE ROCK STARS!
A REASONABLY ATTRACTIVE FEMALE COSTARS!
WITH A CAST OF ALMOST ALL AMERICAN HEROES!
THE KIDS PLAYED, WHO CARES?!

AND...EXPLOSIONS!

This summer...water ain't gonna thai these heroes down!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here