Iron Fist's powers? Also, Season 2 isn't garbage

I liked Iron Fist's Season 2. More than I did with Jessica Jones' second season. Perhaps on par with Luke Cage's second season.

As someone whose only previous experience with the Iron Fist (prior to the Netflix shows) was the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon, what exactly is Iron Fist's powers?

Other than the enhanced agility, endurance, speed, strength, self-healing, and night light...

In the first post Credits scene,

madwarper:
I liked Iron Fist's Season 2. More than I did with Jessica Jones' second season. Perhaps on par with Luke Cage's second season.

As someone whose only previous experience with the Iron Fist (prior to the Netflix shows) was the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon, what exactly is Iron Fist's powers?

Other than the enhanced agility, endurance, speed, strength, self-healing, and night light...

In the first post Credits scene,

This was the first Netflix Marvel show where the second season bettered the first. After JJ S2, I've been pretty down on all of them. Luke Cage wasn't much better. I'd say Iron Fist wins season two

10 episodes is definitely enough. Even this one dragged its legs and should have been cut to 8. There was almost a whole episode of epilogue. This did wrap things up more.

Also, I'm guessing that this villain's trajectory is going to mirror Dr Strange's next villain. I do like Wade a lot more and Joy is trash.

As far as this season, I liked it better than the first season. It is better than the second season of Jessica Jones, for me it is on par with 2nd season of Luke Cage. I think the level of success for each really is dependent on the villain. JJ2 really suffered because of its lack of a villain. The big issues with LC1 and DD2 was having a great villain that only lasted for half the episodes. IF1 and Defenders suffered greatly because "The Hand" was garbage. It seems that the best seasons have a main bad guy... who they defeat at the END of the series. Seriously, just follow basic storytelling structure and you are golden.

madwarper:

More I hope than season 1, where his main attributes seem to be a sporadically glowing fist and the temperament of a spoiled brat.

I mean, he's supposed to be some sort of totally awesome martial artist, but I think I felt that the time and effort it seemed to take him to plough through a lot of his opponents made him look pretty mediocre.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here