Shadow Hare, a Real-Life Masked Vigilante

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Have you guys heard about this? In Cincinnati, Ohio, a real-life masked vigilante calling himself Shadow Hare is going around with pepper spray, a taser, and handcuffs (legal for people to carry there, apparently) stopping any street crime he comes across. Awesome, like a real-life The Coon.

ThaBenMan:
Have you guys heard about this? In Cincinnati, Ohio, a real-life masked vigilante calling himself Shadow Hare is going around with pepper spray, a taser, and handcuffs (legal for people to carry there, apparently) stopping any street crime he comes across. Awesome, like a real-life The Coon.

Out of all the great fictional vigilantes why the hell would you degrade this person by comparing him to South Park?
Also, what's he going to do when someone pulls a gun on him?

Yep, read an article earlier on this site about him and the other 'superheroes' today. Made my day, can't remember ever laughing that hard.

TheNecroswanson:

ThaBenMan:

Out of all the great fictional vigilantes why the hell would you degrade this person by comparing him to South Park?

Well, he seems more comparable to Cartman as the Coon than, say, Rorschach. Just kind of ridiculous, in my opinion.

Dude I'm totally buying that guy a beer.

Hahah, yea I read on that, I doubt he does more than stop some pickpockets or thugs

But its still a cool way to go

That is... Lame. If I was gonna be a superhero, I'd be like the Punisher or Agent 47. I mean, once you've made the decision to flout the law and hide behind anonymity, you might as well go all the way and actually kill the drug dealers and rapists. Also, don't publicize the fact that you're a superhero if fighting crime is your true intention. The way I would do it (hypothetically, you understand), the only evidence of my involvement would be the shiv wound in the back of the drug dealer's neck, or the knife pressed into the gang leader's left kidney.

Again, hypothetically. There's a reason I'm not a superhero, and it has to do with things like manslaughter charges and getting beat up (or worse) by ex-cons armed with crowbars. If you ask me, this guy has gotten off easy so far.

To me, he seems more like a geeky comic fan than an actual threat to criminals. This opinion is based off of his build, his voice, and some of the things he says.

I envision this guy getting shot in the face. That or something akin to this.

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/snl-digital-short-hero-song/227152/

Lol -.- atrue idiot if i've ever heard of one. As ghostwise said. He'l get shot in the face or taken hostage, beaten THEN killed.

Vigilantes that don't actually have a true way to protect themselves fail. Vigilantes overall fail, but thats besides the point. As others have said...what will he do when someone pulls a gun on him?

Also...I want to hear more about the Ninja Foot Clan that was amassing in NY and PA. That was cool. Freakin' ninjas were robbing houses.

Um... I don't really know what to say other than I wish that guy the best of luck in his endeavors, and I hope he doesn't get shot.

I'll go ahead and point out that vigilantism is illegal. So... um... yeah much as it's appreciable that he's doing this, it's still breaking the law himself. What if he tazes someone and kills them? What if he hits someone with pepper spray that's allergic to capcacin? It's nice in theory, but in practice, there's a reason it's illegal.

Heart is in the right place.
Head is in the wrong place.

Wow, don't know if I'm inspired or not. Here's hoping this does inspire a second generation of tougher cooler heroes like in Watchmen.

Looking at this http://www.worldsuperheroregistry.com/world_superhero_registry_gallery.htm , there's a lot of lame heroes.

I couldn't bring myself to be a super hero without proper training, a truly awesome costume (made of Kevlar and ceramic) and gadgets though.

TheNecroswanson:

Chances are he'll stop whoever pulls it first. Guns are not that useful if the target is within about 5-6" of the assailant.

Or maybe he's a quick-draw with that Taser. Those have a laser spot, so it is fairly easy to shoot from the hip.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised more vigilantes aren't around. Although, since it's illegal and getting caught means being locked up with someone you may have put away, it is understandable.

It is in same part ridiculous, funny and awesome. I would wish him all the luck. If i would met someone like this, i would support them to the best of my abilities. And yes, it is dangerous for himself, but come on, i doubt he would go against extreme gang-violence or try to stop some murderers or something... risk seems ok.

Patrick_and_the_ricks:
Dude I'm totally buying that guy a beer.

I'll buy two.
This man rules, just rules, He seems like an awesome bad-ass.

DeadlyYellow:

TheNecroswanson:

Chances are he'll stop whoever pulls it first. Guns are not that useful if the target is within about 5-6" of the assailant.

Or maybe he's a quick-draw with that Taser. Those have a laser spot, so it is fairly easy to shoot from the hip.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised more vigilantes aren't around. Although, since it's illegal and getting caught means being locked up with someone you may have put away, it is understandable.

I think you've been watching too many movies where the badass special forces guy slaps the gun out of his opponent's hand. It doesn't work that way for untrained kids with tasers and pepperspray; the second they make a sudden move on somebody that has a gun trained on 'im, that trigger is getting pulled. Besides, the dweeb would freeze up the second he comes across anybody that isn't a homeless guy in need of a blanket.

He's nothing more than a cosplayer that thinks he's srs bzns (specifically known as suffering from delusions of grandeur).

So Watchmen was right..

it was about 50 years too late..

but The Hooded Justice has arrived.

Now begins the era of the masked vigilante

Altorin:
So Watchmen was right..

i hope your right

Blanks:

Altorin:
So Watchmen was right..

i hope your right

Why do you hip his right? Not his left or front?

As for the dude - I'm giving him 5 months before someone rips his head off.

Abedeus:

Blanks:

Altorin:
So Watchmen was right..

i hope your right

Why do you hip his right? Not his left or front?

As for the dude - I'm giving him 5 months before someone rips his head off.

i do all of it

I think his actions are good but is the costume really necessary? Calling himself the "shadow Hare" is nerdy enough but must he solidify his wannabe image completely with the costume? it makes no sense to wear a whole body costume unless you want to be called a weirdo on the streets, the mask I can understand, no one wants some thugs finding out who you are and coming to your house in the middle of the night, but the rest of it makes him look like he got lost on the way to a comic book convention.

Yeah... what?

this dude would be cool if he didn't accept any credit or publicity...plus he gave himself a stupid name...being totally unknown would be more threatening

I am still not convinced that this is real. If it is, this guy is doing it all wrong, capes just make it harder to move around and get caught on things, all you need is a mask to protect your identity, and a Kevlar vest. You want to err on the side of simplicity with your costume so that you can move around and maintain it easily. Also, he would be better off carrying a gun. And don't use Myspace, use LiveJournal.

Mr. Blond:
this dude would be cool if he didn't accept any credit or publicity...plus he gave himself a stupid name...being totally unknown would be more threatening

Exactly. I would find something like this more plausible if there were just news articles of random felons turning up in front of police stations hog-tied.

I dunno though. If this is real, you gotta give the kid credit for having balls.

Meta Like That:

Mr. Blond:

Exactly. I would find something like this more plausible if there were just news articles of random felons turning up in front of police stations hog-tied.

I dunno though. If this is real, you gotta give the kid credit for having balls.

if this dude was on the level he'd become a cop or a marine or something...that's balls

This guy sucks.

TheNecroswanson:

Get shot?
I'm all for being a superhero vigilante if you're in anyway superhuman, otherwise just stay the hell away from super villains.
He has a whole website with a list of other "super heroes", it's pretty laughable. Me and my girlfriend spent an hour chuckling to the delights of "Angle Grinder Man" & "Crimefighter girl".

Truly the heart of darkness fears what walks the streets at night

lol...i was just commenting before based on the idea of someone doing this...but after actually reading the story there's no doubt about it...this kid's gonna get shot in the face...someone will set him up and take him out...he's got a freaking shadow hare myspace page for jebus sake...i almost feel like doing it myself...with paintballs...get it on video...then hack it onto his myspace page

Mr. Blond:

Meta Like That:

Mr. Blond:

if this dude was on the level he'd become a cop or a marine or something...that's balls

You kidding? The point of being a vigilante is avoiding all the red tape. Doesn't matter what your status is, potentially getting shot in the face for helping people takes balls. Not having to go to court to testify or report to superiors just speeds up the ass-kicking process.

This is ridiculously cool.

DeadlyYellow:

I think this article explains why there aren't many hardline Punisher style vigilantes around.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked