Did you find this helpful?
Yes
49.1% (1181)
49.1% (1181)
No
3.4% (82)
3.4% (82)
Never put up irrelevant options, it's stupid and means that you won't get the results you created the poll for.
45.8% (1102)
45.8% (1102)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
The Banhammer and You: A User's Guide to the Forums

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 24 NEXT

I was wondering why i got Probated

ThePeiceOfEden:
I was wondering why i got Probated

You said "FIRST! XD"

You're lucky -- people used to get banned for that.

im posting this to get the forums to be back to normal formatting since really long names mess them up. thank you.

Just making the forum unstretch...

vampirekid.13:
im posting this to get the forums to be back to normal formatting since really long names mess them up. thank you.

I fully support this endeavour and on that note it's time to press post.

thank you lord krunk it really helped me :D

Daedra Lord Of Looking Down On Other People From Very High Up:
Caps removed - Mod

Jesus christ, why do you have to right everything in caps ?

Pink dragon:

Snip.

Jesus christ, why do you have to right everything in caps ?

Caps lock is cruise control for cool. Seriously though, I hope a mod shortens his name, it's stretching the forums beyond belief.

FORGIVE ME. THE FORMATTING ON MY HELLIOT PACKHORSE HELLION SCREEN SEEMS TO BE ALRIGHT, BUT THE GODS MAY CHANGE MY NAME IF THEY SO CHOOSE.

DAEDRA LORD OF SMITE WOULD BE AN APPROPRIATE CHANGE. I CAN'T SEE THAT BEING USED BY ANY UNTOWARD VICTI... FORUMITES IN AN INAPPROPRIATE MANNER. SMITE DOESN'T RHYME WITH ANYTHING!

It rhymes with blight, which would be an appropriate word for one such as powerful as you to use.

I must take up the mantle to fix the tables and formatting!

Daedra LOLDOOPFVHU:
snip

Caps is against forum rules.

Please stop.

Sorry, what just happened?

What's this 'stretching' you're all talking about?

Lord Krunk:

A guy with a really long namewas making the topic listing "stretch", however I think his posts were removed due to overuse of caps lock.

Knight Templar:

Lord Krunk:

A guy with a really long namewas making the topic listing "stretch", however I think his posts were removed due to overuse of caps lock.

Which leads to the question, why doesn't The Escapist have a limit on how many letters in your name?

Lord Krunk:

Knight Templar:

Lord Krunk:

Which leads to the question, why doesn't The Escapist have a limit on how many letters in your name?

Because then they would be sued for not letting people express themselves.

Or maybe because they are too lazy to impliment it.

Irridium:

Lord Krunk:

Knight Templar:

Lord Krunk:

I don't think laziness is part of the issue, but more an inability.

See, as they did not add the limit early in the peace, they can't do it now. If they add a limit to the name, then at least on current user (who isn't creating any trouble) is going to be screwed over.

Which leads to the question of why they didn't introduce it back then.

Lord Krunk:

See, as they did not add the limit early in the peace, they can't do it now. If they add a limit to the name, then at least on current user (who isn't creating any trouble) is going to be screwed over.

Not sure, maybe something to do with the codeing of the website or something.

They could probably answer the question though.

Lord Krunk:

Irridium:

Lord Krunk:

Knight Templar:

Lord Krunk:

I'm pretty sure that it was out of a hope that people wouldn't abuse it.

Geez, how long did this take you? No, seriously, how long? I'm curious! It was ingenious in every word, VERY well thought out, and extremely useful. This was the most info-packed thread I have ever seen in all of my time on this site! Thank you, good day to you, my good sir!

User was banned for this post.

What did I do? No, not the hammer! *bam* *crack* *splat*

Not exactly ban-hammer related, but I didn't want to create a thread. Right now I am looking at two cell phone threads on the first page. I do believe both people searched, and while I know there have been MANY threads on what cell phone people own, I did a search myself and couldn't find any!

Now, we all joke about how our search feature is no good. My question would be why isn't anything done about it? Isn't there anyone that can help out or anything, or is there some underlying problem that I've missed? I don't have any knowledge of html or coding or nothing, but if there's anything I can do I'd be glad to help, as I'm sure lots of other people would be as well.

chronobreak:
Stuff about the search bar

I've tried using it to find best game ever threads before with nothing coming up. It's that bad.

The thing is, I'm not even sure if the Tech Team know what the problem is by this point. The search bar is powered by Google now and despite the numerous complaints with the Search Bar not working, I think the fact that it's powered by a search engine on a server that belongs to a different company may restrict their rights on how they are allowed to edit it.

Why it's not as good as Google though I do not know.

EDIT: Also, why is it that all the interesting stuff on this thread happens when I'm on holiday?

Zombie_Fish:

chronobreak:
Stuff about the search bar

I've tried using it to find best game ever threads before with nothing coming up. It's that bad.

The thing is, I'm not even sure if the Tech Team know what the problem is by this point. The search bar is powered by Google now and despite the numerous complaints with the Search Bar not working, I think the fact that it's powered by a search engine on a server that belongs to a different company may restrict their rights on how they are allowed to edit it.

Why it's not as good as Google though I do not know.

EDIT: Also, why is it that all the interesting stuff on this thread happens when I'm on holiday?

The "Search The Escapist" bar is much better than the "Search Forums" bar.

Half the time the "Search Forums" bar doesn't work at all.

Berethond:

I simply use both thoroughly before making a new thread, but I know what you mean. The forum search bar will only ever work with me if you get the title exactly right. Though I'm contemplating of starting to use Google to check now, and see if that's any more reliable.

Zombie_Fish:

Berethond:

I simply use both thoroughly before making a new thread, but I know what you mean. The forum search bar will only ever work with me if you get the title exactly right. Though I'm contemplating of starting to use Google to check now, and see if that's any more reliable.

I haven't run into any major problems with it.

I don't know why everyone says it's so bad...?

Although I usually only use it to see if there are any "new" threads that I need to report.

Where can I find instructions for making those spoiler covers/adding pictures?

oppp7:
Where can I find instructions for making those spoiler covers/adding pictures?

Here.

Xvito:

Zombie_Fish:

Berethond:

I haven't run into any major problems with it.

I don't know why everyone says it's so bad...?

Although I usually only use it to see if there are any "new" threads that I need to report.

A couple of weeks ago, I made a thread about the announcement of Fable 3. I used the search button beforehand, and found nothing.

Before you know it, my thread had only one good post and 9 'use the search button' posts. I did again, and found nothing.

Turns out there were not one, not 2, but 3 news articles about it that the search feature missed. That's the problem with it.

How do I know if I've been probationed? I don't have a message or anything, and it never said I was, but I can't get the 100 posts without penalty badge. Any idea what that's about?

Really helped me understand the forums more. Thanks :D

oppp7:
How do I know if I've been probationed? I don't have a message or anything, and it never said I was, but I can't get the 100 posts without penalty badge. Any idea what that's about?

Those badges have a time restriction on them. You need to be here for at least two weeks to get Notable Poster (no mod wrath in that time). You joined about a week ago, that's why you haven't got the badge yet. If you get put on probation you will recieve a PM about it. So if you just wait a few days you will get the badge

Zombie_Fish:

oppp7:

Those badges have a time restriction on them. You need to be here for at least two weeks to get Notable Poster (no mod wrath in that time). You joined about a week ago, that's why you haven't got the badge yet. If you get put on probation you will recieve a PM about it. So if you just wait a few days you will get the badge

Oh, you get it after the 2 weeks. I thought I would get it when I hit 100 posts. Thank you for answering.

thanks for the heads up.

I appreciate the use of warnings instead of probations for minor offenses nowadays. It seems like a couple months ago anything slighly disliked would attain a prohbation. Now its just a warning.

Thats what it seems like to me

i used to go to a forum and spam and troll and act like a retard.

but then my balls dropped.

Haha, "User was banned for this very informative and helpful post.'

It's a good post and I know now what to report to brown-nose my way to the top. xD Joke.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here