Did you find this helpful?
Yes
49.1% (1181)
49.1% (1181)
No
3.4% (82)
3.4% (82)
Never put up irrelevant options, it's stupid and means that you won't get the results you created the poll for.
45.8% (1102)
45.8% (1102)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
The Banhammer and You: A User's Guide to the Forums

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 24 NEXT

Hey Krunk,

I thought I'd point out that several more people have acquired the rare NeoBadge, I know for a fact that xitel has joined our ranks recently and I think one other Escapist has it as well. So I think there are now 5 People who have this badge.

PedroSteckecilo:
Hey Krunk,

I thought I'd point out that several more people have acquired the rare NeoBadge, I know for a fact that xitel has joined our ranks recently and I think one other Escapist has it as well. So I think there are now 5 People who have this badge.

Xitel, Berethond, and I, actually.

Whee! We're super-special-awesome!

Portal Maniac:

PedroSteckecilo:
Hey Krunk,

Xitel, Berethond, and I, actually.

Whee! We're super-special-awesome!

Neon and Sanity also have Neos now. As well as some others probably.

Zombie_Fish:

It seems like everyone's getting Neo now.

He seems to have lost a tiny bit of his hard-to-get reputation.

Portal Maniac:

Zombie_Fish:

Seeing as it's a one shot thing, I doubt he would be losing much of his reputation yet. Give it time and it may come to be but not yet.

Portal Maniac:

Zombie_Fish:

As of this post, 26 accounts have been awarded the Neo badge. Remember that these forums are the same system as the WarCry forums, which have been around a lot longer.

Kuliani:

Portal Maniac:

Zombie_Fish:

As of this post, 26 accounts have been awarded the Neo badge. Remember that these forums are the same system as the WarCry forums, which have been around a lot longer.

And you have to remember that with the ever-growing forum population, it still remains at a very miniscule ratio. It's still just as rare as it ever was.

Updates Ahoy!

18/9/09: Changed 'only 3' to 'very few' with regards to those who havew acquired the Neo badge, to avoid confusion. Thanks to PedroSteckecilo for pointing that out.
19/9/09: Added Ultrajoe and Baby Tea to the mod list.

I was originally going to make a 'appeals' section, with a list of mods and staff to contact, but the OP is getting too big and unwieldy, and Preview is screwing up every so often to reflect this. It doesn't really matter though, because the message you recieve after you get Probed/Suspended/Banned asks you to do that if you must anyway.

Lord Krunk:
I was originally going to make a 'appeals' section, with a list of mods and staff to contact, but the OP is getting too big and unwieldy, and Preview is screwing up every so often to reflect this. It doesn't really matter though, because the message you recieve after you get Probed/Suspended/Banned asks you to do that if you must anyway.

If you just add a note that any of the mods can be contacted in the case of necessity and/or query it'll work.

How do you add videos?

Haseo21:
How do you add videos?

Type in [youtube=*insert Youtube ID Here*] and from there just put in the bold section the video ID -- that's the part of a Youtube URL for a video after the watch?v=

And the result would be the video below. If you still need help, just quote me and see what I write at the bottom of this post -- please note, with Youtube videos, you should put them in spoilers, the only reason why I'm not in this case is to make it easier to understand.

Labyrinth:

Lord Krunk:

If you just add a note that any of the mods can be contacted in the case of necessity and/or query it'll work.

Fair enough. I'll write it in next time I get the chance.

is it a bug that several threads stopped to return to the first page after someone reply in them, or is it a new function to encourage some threads to die, by making them sunk in the forum order ?

handy stuff
i now know not to make vs. threads

cathou:
is it a bug that several threads stopped to return to the first page after someone reply in them, or is it a new function to encourage some threads to die, by making them sunk in the forum order ?

That's happened to me before. I think it's just a bug and the forums haven't noticed a new post in them. The thread usually comes back up after a while on page one but I don't think it's a new system, as it's been happening to me for ages.

Zombie_Fish:

cathou:

That's happened to me before. I think it's just a bug and the forums haven't noticed a new post in them. The thread usually comes back up after a while on page one but I don't think it's a new system, as it's been happening to me for ages.

it happned before for a few minutes, maybe an hour top, but now i'm replying in subjects that are on page 9, and stay on page 9 after i reply...

A bit harsh though, I'm on probation for starting a comment (to come back to later - started at home, turned off laptop to move from house to Uni, came back, and found I was on Probation)

cathou:

Zombie_Fish:

cathou:

it happned before for a few minutes, maybe an hour top, but now i'm replying in subjects that are on page 9, and stay on page 9 after i reply...

We have an option to sink posts so that replies do not bump them back to the front page.

Kuliani:
We have an option to sink posts so that replies do not bump them back to the front page.

May I ask why they aren't just locked?

It just seems to me that they serve the same purposes - just with a lock, you realise that the thread is over, and if they're sunk then it's a bit confusing. At least, I was confused why one of my threads wasn't returned to the front page after a reply, until now at least.

Just a query: do you think you could put a little symbol (akin to the 'lock' symbol, just not a lock...) just to alert people that it's been sunk, just to recognise it?

Gilbert Munch:

Kuliani:

May I ask why they aren't just locked?

It just seems to me that they serve the same purposes - just with a lock, you realise that the thread is over, and if they're sunk then it's a bit confusing. At least, I was confused why one of my threads wasn't returned to the front page after a reply, until now at least.

Just a query: do you think you could put a little symbol (akin to the 'lock' symbol, just not a lock...) just to alert people that it's been sunk, just to recognise it?

A Sink is less than a Lock. We do it when the thread hasn't yet "earned" a lock, but is on it's way there. Locking a thread frustrates those that are in a heated discussion, so we hate to do that. When a thread is going downhill due to the subject matter or discussion, sinking will almost stop any newcomers so that the current heated discussion can cool down so that they don't get themselves locked.

Here's a metaphor to help color what I just said:
Imagine the Escapist is a mass of people milling about casually talking about things and stuff. A couple people get into an argument about something and their voices raise a bit. Those nearby will hear and start to listen and then likely start taking sides. Soon it becomes a shouting match, which brings in more people to the argument. In the end, people have either left the mass of people or they are now rioting against each other. Then the mods and staff have to jump in and teargas everyone while hauling different people off to jail.

Or, the mods can stealthily pull the few that are arguing to the side so no one else overhears them so they can continue their argument without interruption, jail time or teargas.

many thanks, i feel free to post my true opinions now!

Kuliani:

A Sink is less than a Lock. We do it when the thread hasn't yet "earned" a lock, but is on it's way there. Locking a thread frustrates those that are in a heated discussion, so we hate to do that. When a thread is going downhill due to the subject matter or discussion, sinking will almost stop any newcomers so that the current heated discussion can cool down so that they don't get themselves locked.

Wow! Great idea. Very nice feature to have. I know I've often been in a back and forth with people I like on here who nevertheless have very different opinions from mine, but the thread has gotten locked because of the people who see the topic and run in just to toss off a silly, flame-bate one liner.

Kuliani:

Portal Maniac:

Zombie_Fish:

My best friend on here Neonbob got this badge to he got a rank or whatever under your username and it said Noble Literate.

Krunk, do you think it is worth me adding this to the community thread? Especially now it is stickied. I'm planning on a major overhaul of that thread sometime in the coming week so may you please let me know your feelings on the matter? Thankyou.

Inverse Skies:
Krunk, do you think it is worth me adding this to the community thread? Especially now it is stickied. I'm planning on a major overhaul of that thread sometime in the coming week so may you please let me know your feelings on the matter? Thankyou.

Inverse I thought you had left us, maybe I just wasn't looking however.

Knight Templar:

Inverse I thought you had left us, maybe I just wasn't looking however.

No I was definitely gone for at least four or five months. Study commitments originally which turned into a staying away in general because it was going to be hard to come back because I thought I'd just have to leave again when my life became busy. But I'm back around, and enjoying posting once again. It's good to see you!

A good read and easy to understand, has me lookng out for anyone with a Neo badge now :D

Inverse Skies:
sipo

Hey!
You're back!

SadisticDarkling:
A good read and easy to understand, has me lookng out for anyone with a Neo badge now :D

Of course you will.
*hint*

Berethond:
Hey!
You're back!

Yup. Subtle hint with the Neo badge as well lol...

Inverse Skies:

Berethond:
Hey!
You're back!

Yup. Subtle hint with the Neo badge as well lol...

Yup.
I was busy while you were gone.

Berethond:

Yes, you're at least 2000 posts higher than when I last saw you. It's been quite enjoyable actually seeing who has jumped up in post counts and by how much. I also congratulate you on obtaining Neo, that is a very fine effort indeed!

Inverse Skies:

Berethond:

Yes, you're at least 2000 posts higher than when I last saw you. It's been quite enjoyable actually seeing who has jumped up in post counts and by how much. I also congratulate you on obtaining Neo, that is a very fine effort indeed!

Yeah, I'm a loser, aren't I?
And thank you. I still haven't had so much as a probation!

Berethond:

Lol, I didn't mean it in that way! (If I hadn't left and had posted at much the same rate I'd probably be up to 6-7000 posts probably myself... I mean I've put on 100 in a day since I've come back). I haven't had one yet either, but I'm only halfway to Neo. Hopefully I don't say anything stupid.

Inverse Skies:

Berethond:

Lol, I didn't mean it in that way! (If I hadn't left and had posted at much the same rate I'd probably be up to 6-7000 posts probably myself... I mean I've put on 100 in a day since I've come back). I haven't had one yet either, but I'm only halfway to Neo. Hopefully I don't say anything stupid.

Well, best of luck to you.

Berethond:
Well, best of luck to you.

Why thankyou, that's very nice of you. It'll be good to see you around once again.

Inverse Skies:

Hey, welcome back!

I'm absolutely fine with you using it for the Community Thread, and as for the question on its usefulness... well, it'll attract more attention tho the thread. More attention means that less people should get banned/probed, and (ahem) I get the Forum Inferno badge quicker.

Hehehehe...

Anyways, back to the important stuff. Great to see you again!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here