Which movie is better? Matrix or Terminator?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

(Picked those two 'cause they have close to the same amount of sequels and are SciFi with robots taking over the world)
To start it of,'da Matrix

Wasn't really much of a fan of either of them... Not sure why

The first Matrix.

In this order:
Terminator 2.
Then Matrix 1.
Then Terminator 1.
Then a lot of nothingness.
More nothing.
Terminator 3.
Nothing.
Vacuum.
Empty Space.
Matrix 2.
Nothing.
Void.
Emptiness.
Despair.
Matrix 3.

To be honest...they don't have much to do with each other when you think about...

Matrix is about a program world being runned by machines(or something...I don't want to go to deep, no patience...)

Terminator is about a Killer Robot that comes from the Future to kill a guy that also comes from the Future and becomes his own father...(right?)

The Matrix, only because I've never seen Terminator :D

Though from what I've seen of Terminator, reckon I'd still prefer The Matrix.

Jurassic Park is better than both of them.

Terminator 2 > Matrix > Terminatior > Matrix 2 > Matrix 3 > Terminator 3

Hutchy_Bear:

Bullshit, there is no movie on the planet worse than Matrix 2 other than Matrix 3.

http://confusedmatthew.com/The-Matrix-Reloaded.php
&
http://confusedmatthew.com/The-Matrix-Revolutions.php

The Matrix, simply because I've seen all three and I haven't seen any of the Terminator films (want to though). I actually liked all three Matrix movies though, I don't see why the second and third ones get so much hate...

stiver:

Hutchy_Bear:

Bullshit, there is no movie on the planet worse than Matrix 2 other than Matrix 3.

&

I thought the 2nd Matrix had some good action scenes messed up in all the pretentious crap and that horrible horrible rave scene, whereas terminator 3 was just plain bad all the way through.

THIS THREAD IS A VS THREAD ARRGH

Also, the lack of discussion is... irksome. To say the least.

But in the interest of remaining on topic, they're completely different and therefore incompatibile.

Hutchy_Bear:

I agree with this order, though they both are good series

One should not compare one move to another unless is the next in the fantchise

To this day I still have not seen Terminator 1...

Definitely Matrix. I can't even compare any of the Terminator movies to the original Matrix. Hell, even the shitty sequels of Matrix are STILL better then most Terminator's.

I want to see a Matrix TV series about Agent Smith like they did for Terminator (though make it a sitcom with him sharing a flat with Morpheus, a 10 year old kid, a stoner and a gay guy). Afterall no-one likes Trinity and Neo came across as a bit of an arsehole...he was the best character in it...

The matrix, now make this a poll so we can see how obvious it is that the matrix is better.

Did my avatar give it away?

DEATH TO VERSUS THREADS!!!

And, on topic, Terminator 2 and the first Matrix are both in my top 5 films EVER.

stiver:

Hutchy_Bear:

&

Nah. The fight scenes were good. I reckon his order is right.

Aliens

Daveman:

Did my avatar give it away?

Who is it?

(Just kidding!) :D

I say The Matrix as well.

I loved the Matrix.
I hated terminator.
Therefore, my opinion will be bias towards Matrix.

Mr.Tea:
The first Matrix.

this. the other matrix films were over the top,and boring, especially the whole bit where they were killing machines, *yawn*. also i was never a fan of the terminator, i also found that boring. and the matrix had a cool storyline.

edit - oops accidentally quoted someone i didnt mean to

Mr.Tea:
The first Matrix.

Agreed

Hutchy_Bear:

stiver:

Hutchy_Bear:

&

I thought the 2nd Matrix had some good action scenes messed up in all the pretentious crap and that horrible horrible rave scene, whereas terminator 3 was just plain bad all the way through.

The way I see it, Terminator 3 was completely uninspired and weak, but Matrix Reloaded went even further and jumped off a cliff with the entire spirit of the franchise into a firery pit of death. At least T3 stayed somewhat true to the themes and style of the other films. Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions were just awful and cliched.

The Matrix
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
The Terminator
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions

needausername:
To this day I still have not seen Terminator 1...

I sense a new basis for a clan forming...

Anyways, the first matrix was easily the best, although termie2 is better than the matrix sequels

It's interesting to note that no-one has yet mentioned the new terminator film yet, but it hasn't been out that long and doesn't seem to be connected to the others that much, but that could go either way.

The more I think about it, the first two terminator films come out on top. Oh certainly, when I was younger I loved the first matrix film. I have it on DVD - and it's a good film. But the more I go back to it, the less special it seems to me.

Certainly the first matrix film is on par with the first two terminator films. I'll give a SLIGHT edge to the matrix because it was slightly more imaginative and made a "bit" more sense.

The Matrix Reloaded, however, fell WAAAAAYYYYY short of Terminator 2. Both were pretty action-y films, but the Matrix used to be a bit more deep than that, but in Reloaded they traded away what little intellectual weight the film had to "Dragon-Ball Z in Trench Coats". The Matrix Revolutions was basically Dragon-Ball Z with Mechas thrown into the mix. Come on, surely you must have groaned at the over-the-top fight scene completely with stupid poses, lightning bolts and needless air-tumbling during the last part of "Revolutions".

So, like most people:

Number one is "The Matrix"
Then comes "Terminator 2"
Then "Terminator"
After that "Reloaded" - but it falls way down
And then Revolutions

Never saw T3 fully (only saw a few minutes on TV, didn't seem that interesting).

The sad thing about the Matrix series is that it had the potential to be sooooo awesome, then it became just a live-action anime. And a bad one at that. Not all anime is bad, but the Matrix devolved into a particularly bad type of anime, a dragon-ball Z type anime (not really surprising given how much the Wachowski brothers LOVE anime and manga). The Terminator films, on the other hand, were just really well done action-sci-fi films and it stuck to that. Even though T3 wasn't all that great (from what I've heard), there's less disappointment because it was always supposed to be a generally mindless, yet well done, action film.

In order from best to worst:

Terminator
Matrix
Terminator 2
Matrix: Reloaded
Terminator 3
Terminator Salvation
Matrix Revelations

Well, that was pretty easy.

Blade Runner
The Matrix
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
The Animatrix
The Terminator
The Matrix Reloaded
Terminator: Rise of the Machines
The Matrix Revolutions
Terminator: Salvation (I love the matrix trilogy even tho 2+3 arent that good)

imma make this a poll in another thread . . .

pamplemousse:
(Picked those two 'cause they have close to the same amount of sequels and are SciFi with robots taking over the world)
To start it of,'da Matrix

Shirley, you kid. The Matrix (or at least, the first one), was groundbreaking and imaginative. It actually made you sit down and think. The Terminator series is composed of typical action movies, except more popular ones. I mean, the only thinking you do about the first Terminator is about the paradox created by time travel. In The Matrix, the whole movie boggles the mind in amazing ways.

I dunno, maybe I'm a fanboy...

Da terminador wins epically

The first Matrix is probably if not the best movie I've ever seen so Matrix wins.

[/quote]Shirley, you kid. The Matrix (or at least, the first one), was groundbreaking and imaginative. It actually made you sit down and think. The Terminator series is composed of typical action movies, except more popular ones. I mean, the only thinking you do about the first Terminator is about the paradox created by time travel. In The Matrix, the whole movie boggles the mind in amazing ways.

I dunno, maybe I'm a fanboy...[/quote]

You have a good point there . . . Matrix makes you wonder if that could ever happen/is happening . . .

The Matrix and Terminator 2 are both great movies, and I can't really decide between them. Reloaded and Revolutions were both god-awful, while Terminator was good and Terminator 3 was decent enough. Even if Terminator Salvation is a terrible movie (I haven't seen it, so I don't know), therefore, the Terminator series is better.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked