Could America be invaded?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Yes, but would be quite difficult I suppose.

Cortheya:
Ok now im curious to know about this "Misinterpretation of the Constitution" Are you against the universal right to bear arms? Because that is what it intended NOT for the militia or other grop alone.

It turns out I was wrong on that one.

magicmonkeybars:
I think you lack a fundamental understanding of how wars are fought and won. Any country no matter how big or well defended can be invaded and occupied.

Tell that to Vietnam War veterans, or Russian veterans of their war in Afghanistan. Russia itself would be impossible to occupy as well.

oliveira8:
Just nuke them. Easy and cheap.

so what, america only has a couple thousand to send straight back at ya :-D

Zombie Badger:
Tell that to Vietnam War veterans, or Russian veterans of their war in Afghanistan. Russia itself would be impossible to occupy as well.

The mongolians occupied Russia :-D

Omikron009:
To clear the air regarding a nuclear war with America, seeing as lots of people are blabbing on about it, I'm going to mention that the USA has something like the largest or second largest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world, and as soon as they realized that nukes were coming, long range bombers would be mobilized and silos would light up all across the country, immersing the enemy in a massive nuclear shitstorm even bigger than the one the Americans would be facing. The only countries that could even attempt to do this are China and Russia, and either way both countries would be annihilated. Anyone play fallout?

this

Zenode:

Yeah, but the Mongolians had absolutely massive balls, the likes of which we haven't seen in centuries.

Why do that you destroy resources and other goodies just carpet bomb.

Could it be invaded now? No.
In the future? Yes, if an enemy(or a coalition of several countries) plans and prepares for 20 or so years, building up massive armies, producing thousands of modern aircraft, ships and tanks, then they might have a chance. But it's unlikely and stupid, you would suffer horribly in such an attack. It's much more likely that an enemy would infiltrate the government or attack an ally of the US, engaging the US-Army outside their homeland, where they wouldn't have the people on their side and would have to transport supplies across an entire ocean. Then you negotiate a peace treaty at your own terms(for example keeping the land you gained, limiting strength of US-Army, forcing the US to give up all its bases outside of America, etc.)

But such a thing will never happen. Ever. Cause if it does, the world would face one of the most destructive wars of all times. Plus, there's no need to actively fight. The way I see it, their economy is ruined and the debts the government(and the normal people) is making is going to get them into quite some trouble in the future.

America gets invaded all the time. Sometimes the invaders stay and work and other times the invaders vacation ends and they go home. The worst invaders are the ones that show up and pass out anal probes like its candy. Man, who goes on vacation just to dig around in someones rectum.

Zenode:

oliveira8:
Just nuke them. Easy and cheap.

so what, america only has a couple thousand to send straight back at ya :-D

Zombie Badger:

Yeah, but they had massive numbers. And, more importantly, the Russians weren't one country, really. And Siberia wasn't part of Russia(correct me if I'm wrong here).

If someone develops an EMP on the country. It'll make thinks so much easier.

Going by just your title, technically American can be invaded. All that needs to happen is foreign power march onto American soil with the intent on taking over. They don't actually have to succeed.
If we're talking about someone succeed, then I doubt it. Simply because the ends always justifies the mean for America for some reason. They'd nuke their own cities if it meant they might also hit their enemies in the blast. But never mind. Invade yes, take over probably not.

Yes.
It's simple we kill the batman!

No but seriously, ... OH SHI- I COULD OF HAD A v8!!!

Okay on a more serious note.

America could be very easily invaded. By ZOMBIE!!!! and anyone one else who wants to kill Americans, or blacks, or Jews, or lesbians, or gays, or pro-lifers, or god-fearing people, or ... Mexicans. Or anything else. Seriously if you have a grudge on any race or all of them COME TO AMERICA!

No, I am NOT a terrorist.

Cocal:
Yes.

America could be very easily invaded. By ZOMBIE!!!! and anyone one else who wants to kill Americans, or blacks, or Jews, or lesbians, or gays, or pro-lifers, or god-fearing people, or ... Mexicans. Or anything else. Seriously if you have a grudge on any race or all of them COME TO AMERICA!

Why is there so much hate against another country. sigh people these days they really sicken me and its just sad.

speed_demon_15:

Cocal:
Yes.

Why is there so much hate against another country. sigh people these days they really sicken me and its just sad.

Because it's easier to blame other people than to blame yourself.

Also you can build up a stereotype very easily.

The infamous SCAMola:

deanoxxx:

The infamous SCAMola:

Draculafreak:
Well, Georgia was invaded not too long ago so that answers your question.

=P

Yeah, but one would tend to believe that a small Caucasian country is somewhat easier to invade than a world superpower. Unless that was a joke citing the two omonym Georgia countries, in which case... Ha?

Seriously though, let's look at this thing for a minute who on earth is either powerful or crazy enough to try and invade American soil?

the chinese

Are you shitting me? Right now the chinese economy is completely dependant on America. Invading would be like shooting themselves in the foot.

ah but the question was who was CRAZY enough as well as powerful. you are right in saying they would be committing economic suicide but they CAN invade as they are powerful enough to at least make a good go at an invasion

Draculafreak:

deanoxxx:

Draculafreak:

=P

not entirely sure if thats sarcastic? only because i've heard way too many people genuinely serious wen they say that....

Yes, I was sarcastic but I honestly discovered on that day that Georgia was a country. =D

haha i respect your honesty.... but seriously thats really bad, i once told an american that i was from the UK and she asked me if russia still controlled us.....

deanoxxx:

Draculafreak:

deanoxxx:

Draculafreak:

=P

not entirely sure if thats sarcastic? only because i've heard way too many people genuinely serious wen they say that....

Yes, I was sarcastic but I honestly discovered on that day that Georgia was a country. =D

haha i respect your honesty.... but seriously thats really bad, i once told an american that i was from the UK and she asked me if russia still controlled us.....

Please do not make that out to be an image for all americans. Some are stupid unfortunately. And its the stupid ones that give america its bad rep.

Then again she may have just been a durpee =P

Zombie Badger:
I started wondering if it could be invaded while playing World in Conflict.

The main problems with invading any country are its geography, the population, and the Army.

1) The United States is a massive place, the third or fourth largest in the world, depending on which set of figures you use. This presents a problem as invading country's armies are often stretched too thinly to be effective. Unlike the two larger countries, America is relatively warm, compared to the freezing winters that defeated the French and Germans invading Russia and the Americans in their failed attempt to invade Canada in the war of 1812. The Rocky mountains would be a problem as well, but only if resistance fighters set up there and attacked the surrounding area.

Overall, I believe that with a large enough army, the size of the US would not present too great a problem.

2) The population of the US would be a massive problem. Thanks to the misinterpretation of the US constitution (It actually gives the right to bear arms to 'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State'), many Americans own guns and are very proficient in their use. The Americans in general have a very patriotic attitude, and the rabid patriotism in their media, which is especially noticable on FOX news, is reminiscent of the patriotism in Nazi Germany. This would likely motivate them to fight to defend their homeland. Their use of actual tactics would be debatable, as they might try to copy Rambo, but they would certainly gather into small groups of resistance fighters. Resistance fighters are always a headache for invading troops: The Eldelweiss Pirates in France killed the chief of the Cologne Gestapo in 1944, and many other groups sprang up in Europe during World War II. The American resistance fighters would be far better armed, and would likely join up with the local National Guard units.

In conclusion, the resistance would be a massive problem for an invading force.

3) The US Army is one of the best in the world, and one of the better equipped (This has improved vastly since Vietnam). They also have around a million soldiers, which could be put to great use and their numbers would be bolstered by Resistance fighters. They also know the are they'll be fighting in well, which is a massive benefit in urban combat.

In conclusion, I believe that if America was invaded, the invaders would face a massive struggle against the US Army forces currently in the country, but if they defeated them, they would be in their own Vietnam-esce war, with constant guerilla attacks. What do you think?

The biggest problem with invading America...is making it to American soil. Our military personnel may be small compared to China, or the collective of the EU. But, the fact is, our naval, and air forces are vastly superior in interdiction capabilities. However, the one thing you do need to keep in mind is, America's the only country that's used Nukes on another before. Whether right or wrong, they can do so again. And unfortunately, I believe the military/gov't to be so pig-headed that they'd nuke every other invading country, simply to make sure you couldn't enjoy any possible victories.

And yes, after that, they'd have to deal with the American people's guerilla warfare.

When I think on it the real question is why would someone want to invade/occupy the US? The successful invader/occupier would gain very little. Better just to buy your way into our failing economy with loans until we are all your wage slaves...wait CHINA DID IT!

Had to paraphrase South Park's SIMPSONS DID IT line :)

Yes over coming the sheer brutal power the united states could bring bear with their armed forces, not even mentioning allies or nukes, would be formidable indeed. I like a scenario of disenfranchised allies like the commonwealth, rearming and a massive covert troop build up in Canada, striking down thru the rockies and sweeping across the heart land, and into the grain belt seizing the food stocks of the nation. Then the ginourmaous consumer centres of the major urban conurbations along the great lakes and east and west coasts would become burdens to the still loyal american forces and force them independently to the negotiation table. Then using captured media centres, and public personalities, try exploiting inter racial fault lines in broader communities, (divide and conquer) As for fighting resistance movements ala red dawn, you have to try and take away there motivation(what makes them fight), ie, act as you are only seizing super rich/disliked peoples and organisations assets and actually releasing them to the public, ie: liberating them from the scourge of the globalisation financiers and slavery of the money market boom and bust cycles, high unemployment ,an uncaring washington etc.
Put in motion massive public works on infrastructure, and after the initial combatant stage flood the market with cheap american made consumerables. As further proof that this is not in-fact an invasion merely an effort to make America great again. Only after years of lulling the community into a sense of security, do you unleash the death squads upon the descendants of the traitors to the crown hiding within the community. In mid-night raids. Of course all this is done assuming that nukes arn't released and us armed forces are over come by a miraculous new allied super weapon. That enables them to reclaim the skies and oceans. And over whelm there land based forces.

It's a good point for you to say the both of you (meaning the guy above as well. But the U.S.A, however much it pains me to say it as a Brit, but has one of the most advanced, organised and well trained militar in the world. so for a country to attack them it'll have to be plain stupid or extremely well executed in every way. Well if it is the former it'll just fail on the first attack on the first day (which in a sick way would be amusing to see). but if it is the latter which if it will happen it is more likely to be. Civilian's with shotguns from bars will not stop 'the War Machine'. Admittedly they'd cause trouble, but never win the war. Look at the Revolutionary War for example. That was a half arsed attempted by the British. But U.S.A lost, (and you can check your history books for this) lost more men, by a fair. My personal belief (which was shared by one of your founding fathers, i forget which one)is that Britain would have won if it hadn't done what every other empire dies and will do, spread it's self too thin. btw i do admire you patriotism somthing Britain lacks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked