Are you a perfect escapist?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Xan Krieger:
For the first bit it is not a crime as according to most states gay marrige is illegal which puts the law on my side.

Nope--the law is on your side only in those states. It's against you in those other states. Laws vary greatly by state, including civil rights given in state constitutions--it's not a matter of 'majority rules'.

As for the second bit you claim I'm intolerant. fine.

No, I claim that your point of view is the type that can be argued to be intolerant. I never said it was or it wasn't.

The mods were intolerant of my point of view which does not make it any less valid, it just means the mods were deciding that their stance was the only right one which shows their intolerance.

Different sense of the word 'intolerant': you're using it in the sense of 'not tolerating for any reason' while they were using it in the sense of 'not tolerating without a good enough reason.'

They didn't like that point of view so they try suspend people who have it and share it. Then kindly explain to me why the pro gay marrige people don't get suspended but the anti gay marrige ones do?

That's how they've decided to run their website. Is it intolerant? Maybe. Maybe not. It's a difficult issue figuring out exactly what 'tolerance' means.

And like I said, you got unlucky--I've seen trolls defend gay marriage on here for *pages* without any mod action.

all i got was a message from a mod giving me a warning but that's and I do hope that is all.

Nothing.

As far as moderator wrath is concerned I have a clean record. No threads locked, no official warnings, nothing. But that in itself doesn't make me perfect in any way.

Realistically, it seems most users misinterpret the purpose of the moderation system. It exists to educate users in what is ok to post and to punish trolls and the like. Bans only occur when offences are deliberate, pervasive and the user has made it clear that they aren't going to learn from their mistakes.

All anyone really has to do to avoid moderator wrath is act with maturity and be reasonable no matter the situation.

NoMoreSanity:
I've also gotten 2/3 Probations, 3 Suspensions, and several warnings, all unjustified.

Methinks sustained belligerence is not really the best way to endear yourself to the moderation team.

I have had no thread locked and no warnings. Nothing. Then again I only have 450-500 posts so I am still young.

*shifty eyes* Yes...

I am a perfect escapist. Infact, as I type, I am in my own imaginary world right now :D YAY BUNNIES!

Cheeze_Pavilion:

Xan Krieger:
For the first bit it is not a crime as according to most states gay marrige is illegal which puts the law on my side.

Nope--the law is on your side only in those states. It's against you in those other states. Laws vary greatly by state, including civil rights given in state constitutions--it's not a matter of 'majority rules'.

As for the second bit you claim I'm intolerant. fine.

No, I claim that your point of view is the type that can be argued to be intolerant. I never said it was or it wasn't.

The mods were intolerant of my point of view which does not make it any less valid, it just means the mods were deciding that their stance was the only right one which shows their intolerance.

Different sense of the word 'intolerant': you're using it in the sense of 'not tolerating for any reason' while they were using it in the sense of 'not tolerating without a good enough reason.'

They didn't like that point of view so they try suspend people who have it and share it. Then kindly explain to me why the pro gay marrige people don't get suspended but the anti gay marrige ones do?

That's how they've decided to run their website. Is it intolerant? Maybe. Maybe not. It's a difficult issue figuring out exactly what 'tolerance' means.

And like I said, you got unlucky--I've seen trolls defend gay marriage on here for *pages* without any mod action.

Let me put it this way... you claiming being ANTI freedom of religion (Thats right boys and girls, having the government enforce wether a RELIGION can marry two men or not is against the very constitution as it breaks freedom of religion AND freedom of expression BOTH in one go, as well as breaks seperation of church and state!) is an acceptable thing public wise. Let me ask you this... if a man went down the street and started shouting at black folk "N*****! YOU DIRTY N*****S SHOULD BE E*****ED AGAIN!" what would you think when the police showed up and started demanding he calm down and leave the people he was bothering alone? Would you think "Oh my, he was just exercising his freedom of speech and those cops are just intolerant of his views!" or would you think "Those cops are doing a good job putting away that intolerant dirtbag!" I for one would choose the second every time. Gay Marriage should be allowed. Why? Because two guys bumming eachother in their bedroom doesn't affect me in the least bit. Why? Because it is THEIR FREEDOM TO LOVE WHOEVER THEY WANT! AS IT IS A RELIGIONS FREEDOM TO UNITE ANYONE THEY WISH UNDER GOD EVEN IF IT BREAKS THEIR OWN BIBLE! Why? Do you even need to ask why after listening to me rant?

First of all I can't say anything because I am new to the forum but still I take a look at all the posts and everything...I have a locked topic though...but anyway I wanted to bring up the point that in my opinion there is no such thing as perfect..This word has to be erased from existence...and this topic should be named descent...or good ecapist...stuff like that

On topic: I have a locked topic

I am perfection, in only my ability to follow rules and be a good little egg sitting pretty in the carton.

I've had two probations before but nothing else.

I still like to think that I'm a good person though.

I think I had a thread locked once... not any real troubles, though.
Not like a probation or suspension, anyway.

Not once have I had a forum locked or even had a mod give so much as a warning.
AND, I'm a complete asshole that bashes everything mainstream or overly religious.
*shrug*
Maybe I've just been lucky so far?

What makes *me* a good Escapist?

Well if I was a *bad* Escapist, I wouldn't be sitting here, discussing it with you now would I?

I have some badges, I talk to people, and moreso I've met several users personally. Not to mention that I watch several of the shows religiously. If that doesn't make me agood escapist, I don't know what does.

EDIT: Eh, I didn't read the OP. Strange of me to do so.

I got a probation once.

Nothing done by me personally, but I had this account suspended for a week after someone decided to spam a derogatory thread about myself. I'd like to thank the people that didn't believe it was me who wrote the thing.

(That was the longest week of my life...)

Apart from that, nothing.

1 locked thread but that was because I accidentally hit "enter" when typing the title which causes it to post for some reason.

2 probations, both for one day only.

1 warning the reason for which I'm unclear but I don't really care.

I once told a man on this site to do unspeakable (or is it unrepeatable?) things to stay awake.

Weirdly enough, I cant remember any occasion where I have had a thread locked or incurred mod wrath. I'm a good boy!

I've gotten one warning in a PM, for poking a troll. Other than that, I'm like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way.

I've had a thread locked due to one of the arcane thread locking rules. Other than that no trouble despite being here since 2007.

Got warned for making a Joker thread. There goes my Morpheus badge.

I've only had a warning about a short post, so must keep posts longer and actually have some substance to them too, like cake. I've also only made one thread it was awful so probably won't be making another one till i have something mind boggelingly brilliant to talk about. Other than that i'm not really known i lurk about like a big lurky thing.

NimbleJack3:

Warnings do not remove your opportunity to obtain Matrix badges.

Surprisingly, given my usual approach to life, I'm actually doing quite well. I haven't been here for long compared to some, but I have yet to get any kind of wrath

Ultrajoe:

NimbleJack3:

I know, but it's another 1000 posts until I can get it again.

Portal Maniac:
I've had a thread or two locked, warned once, and then suspended for three long hellish days.

But then that got removed from my record after I pointed something out.

So eh. I guess I'm a pretty good Escapist.

Considering you have almost 8000 posts in under a year, I'd say you're doing pretty damn well.

I myself have never been probated or suspended. One locked thread.

NimbleJack3:

Ultrajoe:

NimbleJack3:

No, warnings do not interrupt the accumulation of the badges in any way. A probation or banning removes the opportunity permanently, however. If it helps, I blew my chance for Neo and Morpheus long ago.

nothing yet! woohoo, im clean for now. i plan on staying clean tbh.

I've had 2 suspensions, I do believe.

Thankfully, I've never been banned, so I'm not too worried about my future here.
I mean, it's not liking I'm yelling racial slurs or anything like that.

I talk about rape, murder, pedophilia, bisexuality, nuclear weapons, genocide, and World of Warcraft. Also biology and politics, but I'm not actively involved in either of those.

And if the mods have a problem with any of that, they're not telling me about it.

NimbleJack3:

Ultrajoe:

NimbleJack3:

In a rare bit of irony, you are NOW unable to get a Morpheus badge. Even a 1-day probation messes one up with regard to the Matrix badges.

It's okay, I lost my shot at Neo because of March Mayhem.

Wow. I only just (as in within the last half hour) had a 7 day suspension overturned. Thank you very much to the overall moderators who check such things instead of those who just have kneejerk reactions to opinions they do not like... (I know, I know. Get let off of one only to let my mouth talk me into another ass kicking.)

Anyway, I am far from the perfect escapist. I like originality even if it is not exactly appropriate material. I am not afraid to post my opinion no matter who it may piss off and apart from a few people snapping at just something they do not like I feel I get my point across far more often than not.

However apart from the kneejerk probations the only time I have really gotten in trouble is when I let someone bait me into a flamewar. (However even then the mods seem to overlook a lot of it as long as it does not get too vicious)

Oh and I did have one locked thread... ""Victims" of Rape" where I asked if a few girls I had recently seen on the news really did bring it upon themselves. (Sure it got locked due to its controversial nature but surprisingly it did not turn into a flame war and quite a few people did actually accept my point of view.)

Samurai Goomba:
It's okay, I lost my shot at Neo because of March Mayhem.

I think 3/4 of the population lost their chance because of that crap. I am officially not going anywhere near it next year.

dkuch:
I got my thread shut down, it was called "Spit or Swallow". Then it said "What do you do with your tooth paste?" People loved it, mods didn't.

That was you!? I saw that thread and thought it ment something else, without even looking.
My mind is messed up.

I've got a clean record with either punishments or threads.

Well, I've never made a thread, perhaps that's the reason.

my suspension just now was just bad luck, i went on probation for commenting on a yathzee video thrad the second it popped up saying monkey island is awesome.

then a few hours later i was suspended for a thread i made a few days before, a Vs thread, now i said the start "ok i know these are frowned upon" but i didnt know they were against the rules.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked