Pink elephants on parade... was It creepy or disturbing when you were young?

So lately I've been skimming thru all my old VHS tapes and found dumbo... so some scenes were pretty wierd...
this one has an alcohol reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nwNPaYoTY8 it was sort of like how it would be like to be drunk...
there was another but I couldn't find the link... it was the beginning where black workers were insulting themselves saying stuff like they cant read, so all they do is work. Maybe that was encouraging kids to study hard but wasn't that a bit too racist? anyway the whole movie was filled with stereotypes like the crows who acted like blacks... well the point of this tread is "was the pink elephants on parade scary?" maybe you can ask you're kids or younger siblings to watch this and to see their reaction. My bro said it was disturbing...
P.S. tell me if this post was bad... I can edit it to suit the topic better...

I loved that scene when I was really young; I used to dance to the song and whatnot. I haven't seen that movie in probably 13 or 14 years though. I really should find a copy of it somewhere and watch it again.

The really strange thing is...I liked that scene when I was young. It had pretty colors and odd visuals.

Now that I'm a twenty-something, it creeps me the fuck out.

It was a little weird when I was younger. Now... it still creeps me out a bit.
I have seen weirder things though. Thank god never when I was drunk though. I don't know if I would take it as well as Dumbo.

They mixed up drunk, and TRIPPING OUT OF YOUR MIND! God that scene disturbed me.

if you notice, thats pretty much how all of disney is. is absolutely delightful fr the small children, but go back now. I bet you dont remember all those dirty jokes Jiminy Cricket cracks. And, i liked Hunchback of Notre Dame. I watch it again, and i am astounded i was EVER allowed to see it. go check out most of Judge Frolo's scenes and you'll see what i mean

another trippy scene: the heffalumps and woozel song from winny the pooh.

8-Bit_Jack:
if you notice, thats pretty much how all of disney is. is absolutely delightful fr the small children, but go back now. I bet you dont remember all those dirty jokes Jiminy Cricket cracks. And, i liked Hunchback of Notre Dame. I watch it again, and i am astounded i was EVER allowed to see it. go check out most of Judge Frolo's scenes and you'll see what i mean

another trippy scene: the heffalumps and woozel song from winny the pooh.

i can haz links?

Those pink elephants gave me NIGHTMARES! I'm still a bit frightened by it!

I was always tripped out by it, I wonder if they were rolling or on acid when they developed that.

no links for j00!

hell no, I always tought it was pretty groovy...

OTOH, my parents were both reformed hippies, so I was pretty much used to all kind of trippy stuff around my house...

Gods I love old-school Disney, it's like they were constantly on acid. That's some disturbing stuff, equally awesome.

The elephants on parade really bothered me when I was a kid, they still do. One of the memories that sticks in my mind when I think of something twisted and yet childlike. The same the the Heffalumps and Woozles.

that and huffalumps and woozles in Winnie the Pooh..

scared the shit out of me as a kid

What was wrong with the huffalumps and woozles? I liked them as a kid.

Yes, everything that Disney did was terrifying when I was little. Including the pink elephants, most of Alice in Wonderland and good portions of Fantasia

i freakin LOVED the pink elephants scene as a kid. guess that attraction to all-out wierdness stuck :p

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked