Who is the world's greatest thief (real or fictional)?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Had a funny little thought today about criminals. Almost all of them claim to be the "world's greatest thief" or similar title. But who is actually worthy of that title? Is there one criminal who can unequivocally claim to be the best?

My personal vote goes to none other than the Miss of Misdemeanor, the Lady in Red...

Your thoughts, Escapists?

Robin Hood!

Or maybe The Phantom but nobody remembers who he is.

George Clooney because he stole my heart....

ME!!!!

OCEAN's 11

Robin Hood, the one from disney

Government

Bill Gates.... Don't deny, he stole our lives!

Al Capone. Any man who can steal as much as him and get away with it for as long as he did is the best thief ever in my book.

Edit:

Crimson Cade:
Government

*sigh* I don't know where to begin.

The Grey Fox.

The makers of World of Warcraft; they stole all those poor, helpless Koreans' lives.

Britain is, because we stole everyone's countries.

We gave them back in the end...

The worlds greatest thief would probably be a man who no-one has ever heard of or seen, hence the fact that he's a great thief (it kinda defeats the point of being the planet's greatest sneaky bastard if everyone knows who you are and what you look like).

zerzxes:

That would be Blizzard and WoW.

KillerMidget:

Yeah after you killed all their families, friends and everyone they ever knew. Sorry I just had to say that.

OT...

Crimson Cade:
Government

Yeah this...

garret from thief, he could clear out any one of our houses (and possibly kill you) before you even knew you'd been robbed.

LooK iTz Jinjo:

zerzxes:

That would be Blizzard and WoW.

Would theyt had the possibility without Bill Gates? NO! and i don't play WoW and still have very little life but:

Crimson Cade:
Government

That, just that.... I'm glad i decided to join the youth movment of Norway's leading party :D(im evil!)

The Mecha Mastermind

LooK iTz Jinjo:

KillerMidget:

Yeah after you killed all their families, friends and everyone they ever knew. Sorry I just had to say that.

Theoretically I didn't. Some dead people did.

I'd have to go with Vincenzo Peruggia. He stole the Mona Lisa in 1911, and therefore, he is awesome.

Trilby. He invented theft. Though Garret did in all honesty perfect it.

Iron Mal:
The worlds greatest thief would probably be a man who no-one has ever heard of or seen, hence the fact that he's a great thief (it kinda defeats the point of being the planet's greatest sneaky bastard if everyone knows who you are and what you look like).

That makes sense, really. If you indeed would be the greatest, we would know of the heists he commited, but not who he actually is, so he's gotta be awesome =D!

Procrastination!. It keeps stealing all my free time :(

Conina, from Terry Pratchett's Sourcery
seriously, she stole diamonds from a thief. After he'd swallowed them for safekeeping.

Lupin the third, duh!

Lupin the third. Hands down best fictional thief that has ever been.

Trilby. What's that? I'm not a Yahtzee fan boy!

megs1120:
Lupin the third, duh!

mapguru:
Lupin the third. Hands down best fictional thief that has ever been.

Damn. I was about to post that.

Locke Cole oh wait he's a treasure hunter >.>

Iron Mal:

Indeed

so well let's stick to fiction

Moist von Lipwig of course :)

Edit : Oh above posters reminded me of Lupin the Third.. Now I'm not sure

Death is the greatest thief of all.

Lara Croft. if you think about it...

Arsené Lupin

Sandiego,no contest. She stole,among other things,

Is that cool or what?

TIMESWORDSMAN:

Or maybe The Phantom but nobody remembers who he is.

Lol...I remember him and his skull ring...even the movie.
And I say Garrett from Thief!

Computers of course.
They steal your soul!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked