Creating an Awesome Thread (hint: It does not involve Halo)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Alright, so why do we need a topic like this?

Well, in perusing the forums, I've noticed an increasing number of folks who seem to not understand what Most Excellent Topic Creation (yes, it is capitalized) is about. The Escapist differs from many other forums. We like to think that the act of creating a new topic has significance, that each new thread should bring something, well, new to the table. But in light of recent thread repetition (which has reached previously-thought unimaginable levels), I've come to the conclusion that many new users simply don't "get" how to go about making a new thread on The Escapist, so that it has the most amount of Rockitude possible.

i canz postz perfektlee fin!!! wat yu takin aboot???

See, this is the place to start. An Awesome thread deserves proper spelling. Internet speak should be kept to a minimum. It doesn't make you funny, it makes you seem like you just snuck in from lolcats.com by hiding in a bushel of bananas. You don't need to be perfect, but taking the time to spellcheck your work will end up paying off in the end. Making sure you can be properly understood is key. Creating a thread which others can understand probably doesn't require more than a 5th-Grade level of writing ability. Just do your best initially, and correct what you can later on.

Sometimes a little extra effort can make all the difference between promoting respectful debates and inciting flamewars.

but i wantz ta postz about teh haloz!!! w00t!

Ah, you bring up another excellent point: Should you create a thread if The Escapist as a whole is rather tired of them? The answer is harder than you might think. I would say, if you can't say anything original, don't say anything at all. But if you have a new and different approach to the subject of a popular first-person shooter, most other users (and mods) will probably be happy to see it. Keeping rule #1: Spelling and Grammar intact can go a long way towards convincing others to hear out your side of something, and it makes controversial/repeat topics a little easier to stomach, just in case your Search Bar was lying to you about how original your idea was.

serch bear?!? wat dat?

Of course, how silly of me. The Search Bar can be found by clicking the "Search Forums" link at the top of the page. You can type something in (like, say, "Halo: ODST is lame") and the magical wonders of the Bar of Holiness will display unto you all those brave and intrepid muckrakers who have gone before. A good rule of thumb is that if you see a thread which covers the exact topic you wished to discuss and the last post is less than a month old, post there instead.

ur mum does things. bad things.

In every controversial thread you make, expect differing opinions. Obviously. However, direct insults of other users are not allowed (for the most part). Any remark using Homosexuality or gender in a negative fashion will probably see you punished by the mighty Hammer of Ban. Also, Ad Hominem arguments on The Escapist are frowned upon, mostly because a few of our users are clever enough to spot them. Which is rather unlike much of the Internet, based on my experiences.

If you decide to post a thread about a very controversial subject (religion, atheism, Halo, the Wii, Dog grooming strategies, Gothic architecture), make sure you present a side of the issue which adheres to the first rule (good spelling/grammar) and the second rule (don't post something we JUST HAD on the first page of Off-Topic not 5 minutes ago). People will hate you much less. Unless you are a jerk. Which you probably are, judging by your spelling. I'd call you Gonad, but I don't want to get sued.

haloz suxz bcaz i sad so!!!

Which brings us to my next Awesome Tip of Excellent Radness: Supporting your argument. When you get into a debate with somebody, make sure you at least try to use outside sources to support your claims. Don't merely post your opinion over and over, as that won't get you anywhere (and people will not care for it). If you are planning to start a topic about a controversial subject and you're taking a stance in the OP, make sure your opening is at least one full paragraph in length, and that you support it with the opinions of others, news articles, video clips of dancing unicorns... Whatever. At least make it look like you put some effort into forming what is essentially your principal argument.

i thnks i gotz-I mean, I think I now understand to the fullest of my mental faculties.

I don't doubt it.

But how do I come up with original ideas?

Originality is hard. That's why TV writers don't use any of it. You'll notice a lot more Escapists post in topics than create them. Even the guys with 10,000+ posts shy away from crafting threads. A shame, but that's in part because making something folks haven't yet seen is difficult.

But if original concepts are hard to think up, executing a thread in an original way really isn't as tough by comparison. Just bring your distinctive style and wit to the task, and take some time to actually ponder what your thread will be about before writing anything. Maybe you want to discuss vegetarianism from the perspective of an Onion? Perhaps you feel like ranting about the evilness of Magpies? I've found it's also not so hard to be unique if one isn't concerned about being serious constantly. Lighten up and have some fun... In a creative way! Don't feel afraid to bring serious debating skills to bear when crafting a silly topic. Some of the best discussions happen that way. After all, it's only a forum.

Finally, remember that good topics are not the same as successful threads. Successful threads get you badges. Good threads will earn you the respect of other Escapists. Now it's just too bad there's no badge for earning the respect of others...

Awesome! Thanks for explaining all this... But I think I'd rather flame you instead. samrahgoombuh r teh suxorz!

Thanks for your time. Enjoy your ban for Halo Topic #EleventiBajillion.

*cue applause from audience*

Oh, and I am not a mod. This is not ze EscapiGestapo. These are some tips for creating better threads and nothing more.

wuts wit alla des ppl givinz yu tipz?!? Dat no l33t!

Shut up or you'll get to find out what the five fingers said to the face.

Seems like some of the other forum members have had some pretty good advice. So here's where I get to quote other people, thereby lessening the responsibility upon me.

Fire Daemon visited me in a dream, and didst impart this wisdom:

"One thing which I find needs to be addressed is the length of an opening post in the thread. I see a lot of threads with one or two lines or just 'The title is pretty self explanatory'. If you want to make a good (note: successful and good are not the same thing) you need to add detail to the thread. All thread OP's can have detail put into them. A thread called 'What is your favourite tie colour' can have at least a paragraph, if not more. Rather than just having 'Discuss' you can ask the question, explain why you are asking the question, answer the question and explain your answer. You can do this for any thread and squeeze a paragraph out of it. It may be easier to make the OP one line and it may, may result in more views but in the end it makes you look like worse at making a thread than you may be.

I would also like to bring up News threads in Off-topic and Gaming Discussion. If you are going to link to a news story please don't link to the thing and give a few lines of description or just flat out Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V it. Give the OP some of your personal commentary and opinions on the news story. Try to start a discussion about the news. It might push some people away from making quick one line response but a better thread will be made. I've been thinking of making a 'Post your news here' thread so that people who want to post news without adding large amounts of detail or making a thread can do so. It might not work out if people want to talk about the news article though.

And please think before you make a thread. Ask yourself if The Escapist wants to see this thread, if it will be handled well by the community and if it will make you look like a good/smart poster. I've made a couple of threads without doing this and I think they'll haunt me till the day I die.

The most important thing is to not made threads for badges. Just, please don't. We can tell when you are and it looks bad on you. In the end the little icon isn't worth it. Try to make a good thread and hope that it is popular enough for a badge rather than making a popular thread and hope that it turns out good.

One more thing: You get better search results if you go to google and type "Escapist [Thread title/general idea] to see if it's been done before. I find that you get better results this way even though the search bar (I think) uses google."

And so spake A Daemon of Fire, on this day the 16th of October in the year of our Lord.

Samurai Goomba:
Alright, so it's late and I'm tired. Consider this "draft one", if you will, and those who wish to add their words of wisdom to this guide are more than welcome.

Alright, so why do we need a topic like this?

Well, in perusing the forums, I've noticed an increasing number of folks who seem to not understand what Most Excellent Topic Creation (yes, it is capitalized) is about. You see, The Escapist differs from many other forums. We like to think that the act of creating a new topic has significance, that each new thread should bring something, well, new to the table. But in light of recent thread repetition (which has reached previously-thought unimaginable levels), I've come to the conclusion that many new users simply don't "get" how to go about making a new thread on The Escapist, so that it has the most amount of Rockitude possible.

i canz postz perfektlee fin!!! wat yu takin aboot???

See, this is the place to start. An Awesome thread deserves proper spelling. Internet speak should be kept to a minimum. It doesn't make you funny, it makes you seem like you just snuck in from lolcats.com by hiding in a bushel of bananas. You don't need to be perfect, but taking the time to spellcheck your work will end up paying off in the end. Making sure you can be properly understood is key. Creating a thread which others can understand probably doesn't require more than a 5th-Grade level of writing ability. Just do your best initially, and correct what you can later on.

Sometimes a little extra effort can make all the difference between promoting respectful debates and inciting flamewars.

but i wantz ta postz about teh haloz!!! w00t!

Ah, you bring up another excellent point: Should you create a thread if The Escapist as a whole is rather tired of them? The answer is harder than you might think. I would say, if you can't say anything original, don't say anything at all. But if you have a new and different approach to the subject of a popular first-person shooter, most other users (and mods) will probably be happy to see it. Keeping rule #1: Spelling and Grammar intact can go a long way towards convincing others to hear out your side of something, and it makes controversial/repeat topics a little easier to stomach, just in case your Search Bar was lying to you about how original your idea was.

serch bear?!? wat dat?

Of course, how silly of me. The search bar is a gray thing with the words "Search the Escapist" in it. By clicking there, you can type something in (like, say, "Halo: ODST is lame") and the magical wonders of the Bar of Holiness will display unto you all those brave and intrepid muckrakers who have gone before. A good rule of thumb is that if you see a thread which covers the exact topic you wished to discuss and the last post is less than a month old, post there instead.

ur mum does things. bad things.

In every controversial thread you make, expect differing opinions. Obviously. However, direct insults of other users are not allowed (for the most part). Any remark using Homosexuality or gender in a negative fashion will probably see you punished by the mighty Hammer of Ban. Also, Ad Hominem arguments on The Escapist are frowned upon, mostly because a few of our users are clever enough to spot them. Which is rather unlike much of the Internet, based on my experiences.

If you decide to post a thread about a very controversial subject (religion, atheism, Halo, the Wii, Dog grooming strategies, Gothic architecture), make sure you present a side of the issue which adheres to the first rule (good spelling/grammar) and the second rule (don't post something we JUST HAD on the first page of Off-Topic not 5 minutes ago). People will hate you much less. Unless you are a jerk. Which you probably are, judging by your spelling. I'd call you Gonad, but I don't want to get sued.

i thnks i gotz-I mean, I think I now understand to the fullest of my mental faculties.

I don't doubt it.

But how do I come up with original ideas?

Originality is hard. That's why TV writers don't use any of it. You'll notice a lot more Escapists post in topics than create them. Even the guys with 10,000+ posts shy away from crafting threads. A shame, but that's in part because making something folks haven't yet seen is difficult.

But if original concepts are hard to think up, executing a thread in an original way really isn't as tough by comparison. Just bring your distinctive style and wit to the task, and take some time to actually ponder what your thread will be about before writing anything. Maybe you want to discuss vegetarianism from the perspective of an Onion? Perhaps you feel like ranting about the evilness of Magpies? I've found it's also not so hard to be unique if one isn't concerned about being serious constantly. Lighten up and have some fun... In a creative way! Don't feel afraid to bring serious debating skills to bear when crafting a silly topic. Some of the best discussions happen that way. After all, it's only a forum.

Awesome! Thanks for explaining all this... But I think I'd rather flame you instead. samrahgoombuh r teh suxorz!

Thanks for your time. Enjoy your ban for Halo Topic #EleventiBajillion.

*cue applause from audience*

Now I'm very, very tired. I'm more than a little insane right now, so feel free to add gripes and comments and whatnot, but I'm going to get some sleep.

Oh, and I am not a mod. This is not ze EscapiGestapo. These are some tips for creating better threads and nothing more.

informing but humourous..:) this is how school should be......

Not that I don't appreciate this, but isn't most of it covered in the stickies?

I must say, it's good to see someone take the time to expound upon what I've been saying to many of the people who make those meh-inspiring repeat/flame threads.
Here's to hoping it actually works, and gets people to think about their topics more!

Fair enough, but I find the most successful threads are ones with little to no discussion, and well thought out threads usually sink to the second page quickly due to the influx of silly topics. But, I agree with you on everything, and hope people that need this wisdom stumble upon it. Controversial threads such as religion and politics hardly ever get locked outright, which is why we always have a bunch taking up space, and people don't get to see gems like this.

Kudos, bud.

Couldn't agree with this whole thread more. This should have to be read before a new user makes their first thread. Only in a perfect world/internetz...

It's a lovely effort but these are already in the guides for forum posting. I doubt a new guide will really have an effect but meh, I applaud you for your efforts.

One thing which I find needs to be addressed is the length of an opening post in the thread. I see a lot of threads with one or two lines or just 'The title is pretty self explanatory'. If you want to make a good (note: successful and good are not the same thing) you need to add detail to the thread. All thread OP's can have detail put into them. A thread called 'What is your favourite tie colour' can have at least a paragraph, if not more. Rather than just having 'Discuss' you can ask the question, explain why you are asking the question, answer the question and explain your answer. You can do this for any thread and squeeze a paragraph out of it. It may be easier to make the OP one line and it may, may result in more views but in the end it makes you look like worse at making a thread than you may be.

I would also like to bring up News threads in Off-topic and Gaming Discussion. If you are going to link to a news story please don't link to the thing and give a few lines of description or just flat out Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V it. Give the OP some of your personal commentary and opinions on the news story. Try to start a discussion about the news. It might push some people away from making quick one line response but a better thread will be made. I've been thinking of making a 'Post your news here' thread so that people who want to post news without adding large amounts of detail or making a thread can do so. It might not work out if people want to talk about the news article though.

And please think before you make a thread. Ask yourself if The Escapist wants to see this thread, if it will be handled well by the community and if it will make you look like a good/smart poster. I've made a couple of threads without doing this and I think they'll haunt me till the day I die.

The most important thing is to not made threads for badges. Just, please don't. We can tell when you are and it looks bad on you. In the end the little icon isn't worth it. Try to make a good thread and hope that it is popular enough for a badge rather than making a popular thread and hope that it turns out good.

Samurai Goomba:

serch bear?!? wat dat?

Of course, how silly of me. The search bar is a gray thing with the words "Search the Escapist" in it. By clicking there, you can type something in (like, say, "Halo: ODST is lame") and the magical wonders of the Bar of Holiness will display unto you all those brave and intrepid muckrakers who have gone before. A good rule of thumb is that if you see a thread which covers the exact topic you wished to discuss and the last post is less than a month old, post there instead.

"Search the escapist" is for articles and videos and stuff.. Search the forums is the one you want.

Overall, good and funny post but there have been a few of these. Should of used the search bar (no one has ever used THAT joke before).

I'm kidding, I got a laugh out of this thread.

Good work =)

Amnestic:
Not that I don't appreciate this, but isn't most of it covered in the stickies?

Yes and no. Some basic rules are covered, but one thing we can do with this thread is really get specific about thread creation. This isn't a thread about not breaking the rules, or what the rules are. No, this is about not acting like a moron when crafting an OP and subject of discussion.

Also, new people don't read the stickies. They really don't. If you think they do, you are wrong.

Fire Daemon:
Totally rad snip.

Mind if I quote you on that in my OP? I know I meant to have something on posting length, but it slipped my mind at 6 AM in the morning.

Good thread. I've seen (recently, especially) a lot of repeat threads, or threads with as little effort as possible put into them.
Using the search bar, and adding some effort can easily change your thread from a flame war waiting to happen into a successful, interesting, and overall good thread. Hopefully the readers will understand this.

I agree.

Well, that would sort of be obvious, but still.

Good thread and all.

Fire Daemon:

I tried to make a similar thread in the RP section, only with fake news. It didn't take off, sadly.

scotth266:
I agree.

Well, that would sort of be obvious, but still.

Good thread and all.

Yeah, well... Nobody really reads the stickies. And as far as I know, yours is about the only even semi-recent thread aside from this one about creating threads.

Thank you very much for posting this. Gave me a solid laugh.

I agree with you muchly, but unfortunately, there will always be peole who won't, whether they be newbies who haven't read the rules, or old hands who think they can abuse the rules.

Still, as long as there are those of willing to prop up the barricades, the Escapist shall neer fall.

Samurai Goomba:
Mind if I quote you on that in my OP? I know I meant to have something on posting length, but it slipped my mind at 6 AM in the morning.

No that's fine.

One more thing: You get better search results if you go to google and type "Escapist [Thread title/general idea] to see if it's been done before. I find that you get better results this way even though the search bar (I think) uses google.

At least now we have somewhere to link people who make dreadful threads (as they inevitably will continue to do). Thank you for creating the first useful thread for a while.
I was thinking of doing something similar myself.

Captain Obvious: Now he writes on the Escapist Forums!

meh, most people just make up random topics to see if it sticks. Blame the forum Achievements for everything. It's because of wanting to make it stick that most forum posts here are as well made, especially when compared to other forums where the bastardization of language is common. The only fault I see is they can't find a topic that will get repeat business if you know what I mean.

The two things that will stop a thread quickly is a lack of interest, or if multiple people will easily have the same conclusion. If you see a thread post with 300 responses your less likely to post there because your afraid what you say will just get washed up, or you figure someone has already said what you are going to say.

Ironically, this'll probably get buried within the next day by a bunch of versus threads.

But nice guide.

Pretty sure most of this can be inferred by waiting a few hundred posts before you start a thread.

Deleric:
Ironically, this'll probably get buried within the next day by a bunch of versus threads.

But nice guide.

Oh, absolutely. That's where the "don't take any of this too seriously" bit comes into play.

Manhattan2112:
Captain Obvious: Now he writes on the Escapist Forums!

You'd think it would be obvious. Not so, from what I've seen.

Fire Daemon:

Samurai Goomba:

No that's fine.

One more thing: You get better search results if you go to google and type "Escapist [Thread title/general idea] to see if it's been done before. I find that you get better results this way even though the search bar (I think) uses google.

Excellent tip. I think I'll quote you on that, too.

Glefistus:
Pretty sure most of this can be inferred by waiting a few hundred posts before you start a thread.

Sure. Maybe people should, I dunno, do that.

But folks won't. Hence, the thread.

You know what makes an awsome thread? The exclusion of giant walls of text. People come here for light disscusion not to read a fucking 100 paged manual on your worthless opinion. In other words, a sucesfull thread is the opposite of this. Sorry, but the 2 hours you spent typing that were for nothing. tl;dr.

624:
You know what makes an awsome thread? The exclusion of giant walls of text. People come here for light disscusion not to read a fucking 100 paged manual on your worthless opinion. In other words, a sucesfull thread is the opposite of this. Sorry, but the 2 hours you spent typing that were for nothing. tl;dr.

i liked it...didn't you??

624:

Awww... My very own hater.

I'm not trying to teach people how to create successful threads, but quality threads. The most one gets out of a successful thread might be a few badges. Good threads will earn you the respect of others. Based on experience, a "successful" thread probably IS the opposite of this.

I think you are confused regarding the term "Wall of Text." It mainly refers to unparagraphed, poorly-worded and largely misspelled jumbles of words. It's not a blanket term encompassing all writing which would take up more than a page on Legal-sized paper.

See also: Almost anything Ultrajoe has ever written which was not part of his moderation duties. My OP is downright tiny compared to what some people wrote in past OPs. And anyway, would it be so bad if more OPs were about the size of a proper User Review?

624:

Nobody's opinion is worthless, and nobody likes people like you who do nothing to add to a thread. What have you contributed? A smart-ass answer that accomplishes nothing but depress and humiliate the OP. Even if you wanted to say this, there's nicer ways. I enjoyed this, along with most other people who posted.

Go learn some manners.

Deleric:

But nice guide.

You must be a psychic, or something.

Samurai Goomba:

See also: Almost anything Ultrajoe has ever written which was not part of his moderation duties. My OP is downright tiny compared to what some people wrote in past OPs. And anyway, would it be so bad if more OPs were about the size of a proper User Review?

Like I tell anyone who says TLDR: check out the thread stickied in User Reviews.

And the first guy ends up quoting your wall of text. That irks me.....

Ok, personal gripe aside, I'm curious to see how this goes. We've really had a conspicuous amount of repeat threads recently and a few too many pointless ones. I'll be amazed if this little idea of yours can re-up the quality of our forum.

scotth266:

Deleric:

But nice guide.

You must be a psychic, or something.

Yep. And yeah, I was definitely expecting this thread to get buried. But I had fun writing it, so whatever.

Et3rnalLegend64:
And the first guy ends up quoting your wall of text. That irks me.....

Ok, personal gripe aside, I'm curious to see how this goes. We've really had a conspicuous amount of repeat threads recently and a few too many pointless ones. I'll be amazed if this little idea of yours can re-up the quality of our forum.

That irks me, too. Hey, let's make a section on that!

yu hadz sum gud idees, mann. i gunna kwote yer entyre 3-pg statmen! l33t!!!

When somebody takes the time to sit down and laboriously prove that they have no life outside of the Internet, the results can sometimes be interesting, awful, awe-inspiring or hilarious. Try to remember to only include essential information in your quotation of somebody else. Now, this isn't really a hard-and-fast rule. You'll need to get a feel for things yourself. Don't cut out information that's necessary to the debate.

If somebody makes an argument for abortion and you attempt a rebuttal, don't cut out the most important or valid parts of his/her argument. And don't, DON'T insert "what you hear" snips (like cutting out a 4-page dissertation and inserting "whining" in its place). It makes you sound like a childish moron.

If the post you are quoting is on the same page as your post, think about using Edit to go in and snip their entire conversation. After all, anyone scrolling down the page will probably read their statement before getting to yours. If you get into a protracted debate with another user, make sure you go in and cut out all of those extraneous quotes every so often. It saves page space and wear on people's mouse wheels as they try desperately to find new stuff to read.

It's important to remember that these are more... Hints than rules. Soft suggestions. In addition to supported arguments and 5th-grade level spelling and grammar, knowing how to snip huge posts down will contribute in helping your contributions to the forum appear somewhat professional. And please, don't quote somebody like Ultrajoe, NewClassic or Khell Sennet without checking to see if you need to snip.

Protip: The larger a quote you post unsnipped, the more work you should put in to address EACH AND EVERY point that person makes. Otherwise you'll look dumb. Like this guy who keeps asking me stupid questions.

ur mum.

Oh be quiet, Gary, or I'll put you back in the hole.

I had a dream about Halo last night. Halo crossed with Madden, where people dressed as Master Chief player American football, whilst shooting each other with various Halo guns. It was awesome.

Et3rnalLegend64:

Actually, this thread had been buried (guess by what!). I unearthed it in an attempt to get something discussion-worthy up on the front page.

624:
You know what makes an awsome thread? The exclusion of giant walls of text. People come here for light disscusion not to read a fucking 100 paged manual on your worthless opinion. In other words, a sucesfull thread is the opposite of this.

Successful in that everyone responds to it?

Or successful in that it's interesting/thought-provoking?

Samurai Goomba:
You'd think it would be obvious. Not so, from what I've seen.

It is, it's just that common sense is far from common. Still a funny and good read, nothing I can't agree with.

I love what you've done and think it is fantastic, (although so much of this should be self explanatory, but I digress). The only thing to be wary of is maybe a disclaimer saying that creating a thread along these very nice guidelines does not equal automatic 1000+ reply threads, but rather makes a thread which is enjoyable and well accepted by the community. Although hopefully other members realise that anyway.

Inverse Skies:
I love what you've done and think it is fantastic, (although so much of this should be self explanatory, but I digress). The only thing to be wary of is maybe a disclaimer saying that creating a thread along these very nice guidelines does not equal automatic 1000+ reply threads, but rather makes a thread which is enjoyable and well accepted by the community. Although hopefully other members realise that anyway.

Wish granted. (Assume anything directed at "you" from this point on is not me talking about Inverse Skies.)

heyz samruh! wut he say? i wun makez l33t topik fur badgers!!! Badgers=l33t!

I think you mean badges. Yes, badges can be cool. But respect is even more cool. Almost as cool as giant '80s hair and hoverboards.

The fact of the matter is that complex topics with interesting OPs seldom receive as much attention as our standard Escapist main rotation. One might even say that there's an inverse variation, where more work receives less attention. Don't let this dissuade you from making something of quality. Your thread might not be a rousing success, but those who read it will probably find it (and you) memorable. Perhaps even interesting. Many of our most famous users became so more for their creative threads than their ability to have a large number of posts or obtain the "10,000 views" badge. Once again, Ultrajoe and NewClassic are some good examples.

Even if your thread doesn't really take off right away, older users are always looking for something original and fun to comment on. Based on evidence, they'd rather see an original approach to a repeat thread than have to sit through another obnoxious Halo anti-fanboy or sift through generic polls for something even halfway decent.

If you're looking for the short version (and knowing you, you most certainly are), just make something that was fun for you to write and is fun for you to go back and read. If you enjoyed it (and stuck to the above guidelines for making sure you can be understood by others), then others probably will, too. Don't let your enjoyment of your thread be based on its popularity.

yeh kinduh wer ramblen. i hat yu.

I can't disagree with you on that first bit. Frankly, I'm not really sure what to say about thread popularity. Just don't sell yourself short because you're in a hurry to get a lot of badges. Put some real work into your threads. You are always capable of doing better than you currently are. Especially you, Gary. You know how many gigs of lolcats pictures I found on your computer the last time I was over?

sut upz. lolcatz rool.

You remember that time I kicked you in the groin so hard they couldn't find your reproductive organs for two days? Yes. Yes you do.

Samurai Goomba:

Snip

Very nice, I especially like the part where it says even if your thread isn't successful you might still be remembered and liked for creating an original thread. So far to date I would have said none of my theads have been particularly successful in terms of large numbers, but things like the community thread have a little following and even that I'm amazed and incredibly happy about. So yeah, I like what you're saying. A thread doesn't have to have numbers to be successful or appreciated.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked