30 Horror Movies in 30 Seconds - Official Help Thread

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Welcome to the 30 Horror Movies in 30 Seconds help thread, where members of The Escapist community come together to help each other out on our Horror Movies quiz.

The only thing we ask is DO NOT give direct answers. This is a hint thread, not an answers thread. If we catch you giving out answers, your fun on this is over. This is also for a badge, so everyone should still earn it while having fun.

If you would like to take the 30 Horror Movies in 30 Seconds quiz click here. To check out all of the other great events in the Halloween Extravaganza, visit our main event page here and join in on the fun and badges!

So, these are like that "30 Monsters" quiz from last year that's in the quizzes right now? This should be some scary fun.

this is gona be fun :D

Wait, a hint thread?

Phew... That should make it easier for me, a complete FAILURE at all things scary.

And where's the other ones - vampires + robots? Do they have threads?

How old are the movies? Because I'll probably do better with old scary movies. I haven't seen any of the new ones.

notoriouslynx:
How old are the movies? Because I'll probably do better with old scary movies. I haven't seen any of the new ones.

My guess it'll be a mix of classic horror movies and some of the newer ones as well.

I'm so in. Hopefully it'll be like last year's; I loved those ones.

This should be fun. I have no idea about horror that is modern though..well maybe slightly.

I can't wait. W00T!
*breaks out into dance*

This should be interesting. I've always considered myself somewhat of a connoiseur. But now that I'm actually being called out I'm afraid I won't live up to my own lofty standards. :D

This sounds really fun :D

Now Live...have fun!

Is there a place to report errors in the quiz?

Not to nitpick, but Question 9 could be a bit more accurate (especially since you include the title of the second feature included in the package, but not the first?)

three tries to get #7 right.

Frankydee:

hehe any member of The Escapist who doesn't get that needs to trade in their shotgun and chainsaw

tho i disagree with #6 and #15, i won't add more spoilers but if the mods want to know why pm me cause they are rather valid points

100% on my first try. I think the scariest part is that I have actually seen every single one of those movies lol.

cleverlymadeup:

tho i disagree with #6 and #15, i won't add more spoilers but if the mods want to know why pm me cause they are rather valid points

I also agree with you to some extent with 6 and 15 if you want to be nit picky. Same goes for 11.

cleverlymadeup:

Frankydee:

hehe any member of The Escapist who doesn't get that needs to trade in their shotgun and chainsaw

You can PM me if you like.

Cilliandrew:
Is there a place to report errors in the quiz?

Not to nitpick, but Question 9 could be a bit more accurate (especially since you include the title of the second feature included in the package, but not the first?)

Sure, PM me and I'd be happy to take a look at it.

If any one needs hint, just send me a message. I won't GIVE you the answer, but i'll give you a good hint.

I'm ranked number 11th on this quiz. It only took me like four tries. XD

Ha! 29/30, and i haven't even seen some of these horror movies.
I guess i've a good intuition :D

Congratulations, you scored 86.67%, with 26 of 30 correct! You're currently ranked 71st out of 192 total entries.

/proud :P

wow, i'm pleasantly suprised. 1st try, perfect score, 5th place, and didn't have to check the hints either.

bcponpcp27:
If any one needs hint, just send me a message. I won't GIVE you the answer, but i'll give you a good hint.

If you get one, post it here so everyone can enjoy! :)

Here's a message I got and the hints I gave back (cept for 10, forgot that one for some reason)

I'm not sure what:
I started having a losing streak at the end lol
Can you give me hints please?

She tries out for a play

The 1st zombie movie and was directed by George Romero

a PHreaky movie

So many bodies in that house, so many

the headless horseman uses what for a head?

They're HERE!

Showers have never been more frightening

I do like CANDY

The monster looks like jello

The sound a wolf makes

Hopes that helps!

#10 - a special Batman villain

Goddammit! I swear I have seen all of those movies and I got six wrong! I must have rushed it.

Programmed_For_Damage:
Goddammit! I swear I have seen all of those movies and I got six wrong! I must have rushed it.

i still don't believe ppl get #7 wrong, considering all the topics about it on the forums

Frankydee:

Can you still get the badge with the bloody knife if you don't ace it the first time? Like retry till you get it right?

CmRet:

Frankydee:

Can you still get the badge with the bloody knife if you don't ace it the first time? Like retry till you get it right?

yupp. As many tries as you need.

Frankydee:

CmRet:

Frankydee:

What about the quiz badges like the robot and the vampire? Same thing?

CmRet:

Frankydee:

CmRet:

Frankydee:

What about the quiz badges like the robot and the vampire? Same thing?

I'm pretty sure those work the same way, I haven't really tried them yet.

Frikken hell, this is gonna be fun/hard. I don't watch a lot of the recent horror flicks due to their failure at actually including the genre, "horror"

Edit: Got em

teletran3:
I can't get 12, 13, 14, 20, & 26. Any hints?

12 was a recent slasher film by a certain gothy musician-turned-filmmaker.
13 was a recent remake of an old Wes Craven film that was a bit more obscure than some of his other work..
14...oh c'mon this one is a classic! Just name the movie monster in the picture.
20 is pretty tough. What is the guy in the picture doing?
26 is an adaptation of a popular horror video game.

I hope this helped.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked