Hiccups at a bad time

Pages PREV 1 2

Holding my breath or swallowing alot. Anything that will prevent your diaphragm from being so spasmodic should do the trick, perhaps controlled breathing?

I once got hiccups during sex.

Holding my breath usually works.

zombflux:
I once got hiccups during sex.

Hopefully it wasn't the first time you were with this partner.

I just push my arms into my stomach works 90% of the time.
Bad time i had them was in a school test, it was an important one and i was sitting there annoying the surrounding people.

I just realized this was my 100th post! yay!

Just imagine if Martin Luther King got the hiccups when delivering his I Have A Dream speech. Or if Neil Armstrong got them as he addressed the universe in 1969...

These would be very inoppertune moments...

I hiccuped right when a test was being passed out. once everyone stared at me I was so scared they were about to jump up and beat me to a pulp I didn't make a secound one

I was told that hiccups are caused by the diaphram being to tense and therefore you must breath VERY VERY slowly to un-tense it. This usually works for me

Have someone bribe you to stop.

During an Oral examination for my school english exams :)

ThePeiceOfEden:
well about hiccups at a bad time, I had em at a funeral ._.

You think that's bad? I was trying not to laugh during the moment of silence, I saw this hilarious pic on my great grandmothers wall(it was something that happened the night before the actual burial) and I covered my mouth and was crying from laughter that I couldn't let out. I was truly saddened by the event but I just couldn't help it, and it was the WORST time to have the giggles.

Worst time i ever got hiccups was when i had just hit a kid at my school's face so hard off a window that i sort of broke him. The teacher was telling me off and i got the hiccups.

But hey, he called my sister.

As far as I'm aware, a hiccough is just a spasm of the diaphragm.
They should go away if you just rest it for a while.

In other, less pompous words, just exhale and hold your breath for as long as you can.
If it doesn't work, try again.
Always works for me.
Eventually.

What works for me every time is drinking water while plugging my ears. It doesn't make sense, but it fucking works!

ravens_nest:
Just imagine if Martin Luther King got the hiccups when delivering his I Have A Dream speech. Or if Neil Armstrong got them as he addressed the universe in 1969...

These would be very inoppertune moments...

I could picture some sort of super villain menacing history as he travels through time giving people hiccups when they made important speeches.

I can't desrice it precicely, but breath controll seems to work.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked