What. Do you expect from us?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

I'm guessing that there's something about this site that you enjoy. Otherwise you would not come back.
Hooray for me, I can state the obvious!
Instead of asking why you come here, as I know it's been done quite often, I'd like to present a (hopefully) different query.

When you get on these forums, what do you expect?
Do you anticipate a good, intelligent thread to have popped up?
Are you simply looking forward to a bit of nonsense?
Or do you not care at all, and simply come here for the hell of it?

And I'm hoping you read the title like the bridgekeeper in the Holy Grail.

Getting paid...

Needless to say I get disappointed every time I come here.

I come here mainly for the first two but sometimes for the hell of it, or if I got nothing better to do.

That bottom bit was exactly how it happened.

I dunno, I expected something I'm sure, but I can't remember what it was.

Y'know, Neon, as 20,000th posts go, this one isn't all that impressive.
Still, 20,000 POSTS!!!

I mostly come here for the groups. It's good to have a little random fun in the confines of something you can moderate yourself.

I usually expect to read something interesting. Some of the people on this site have very engaging opinions.

I also expect to see the following threads:

-LOLOLOLOLOOOOOLOLOLLOL
-MY girlfriend might be a stripper! WHAT DO I DO???
-MY BF thinks' IM a STRIPPER!?!?! WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!
-get a free i-pod now! i swear it works@!
-Zombie Survival Thread #1
-Zombie Survival Thread #2
-Best Graphics
-BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!
-HALO 3 suxs ass!
-HALO 3 RULES!!!

I always expect some fun threads to poke around in and get a good laugh from. Other times I just come around to see what is going down around here.

Intelligent conversations.

They do pop up every once in a while...

I bring the misdirected ire and bile all forums of substance abuse require for authenticity.

I come tot his site mainly for the forums. That usually happens when i'm bored and i'm waiting for my college classes to start. So I get on a library computer and usually come on here to just dick around.

I came to see what forums were like and I expected... well, forums. Sophisticated or not, it was interesting to see how this stuff worked.

An outlet for my rather ineffectual brand of sarcasm.
An opportunity to an express an opinion, or to go into full-blown science-ramble mode without the usual interrupting "shut up".
For a larf.

My favourite colour is blue... no, w-aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!

I come here for good vids and people who don't start calling you a loser for not enjoying their favorite game.

I get that...mostly.

I expect to come across a thread or two that perks my interest enough to read what strangers I will probably never meet in my lifetime have to say.

And that's.... pretty much it.

For the groups, and occasionally to offer my opinion on stuff.
Also to bake people cookies ^-&
How do you like them?

Because the other forums I visit are cesspools which are completely devoid of humor. I'm here for the laughs and the variety of people.

A better response than "LOLZ FAGZ" on the forums, Wit & a serious hatred of trolls.

Although i would say interesting threads, Which it seems to be lacking lately (im working on solutions, bare with!)

oliveira8:
Getting paid...

Needless to say I get disappointed every time I come here.

I think you have to get a direct connection to the internet for that.
I suggest letting them tap your spine.

Diagonal Horizontality:
Y'know, Neon, as 20,000th posts go, this one isn't all that impressive.
Still, 20,000 POSTS!!!

I mostly come here for the groups. It's good to have a little random fun in the confines of something you can moderate yourself.

I wanted to make a thread for my 20k...and I couldn't help myself! I had to do it while I was still on tonight.
I'll make up for it in the next one, I swear! X-D

Jedamethis:
For the groups, and occasionally to offer my opinion on stuff.
Also to bake people cookies ^-&
How do you like them?

Multicultural.

To see if I've been quoted or to see if a thread I've started has any responses, the last one didn't end up so well so I'm re-evaluating my tactics, my first one was popular but people complained I tricked them.

Also I like to scout through other threads, see peoples troubles, help them, put problems in perspective, mine are many and people fell better about them selves when I state mine (haha).

Lot's of reasons. Some discussions are intellectually stimulating, and some are funny and entertaining. I come for both.

The RPs.. But they've been dying very slowly these last few weeks. :[

Force of habit and the occasional excellent thread, I suppose. Ah, the euphoria of those heady early days..

ae86gamer:

Well, Thanksgiving break and then the Christmas break are coming up.
Those will probably pick them up again.

samaritan.squirrel:
Force of habit and the occasional excellent thread, I suppose. Ah, the euphoria of those heady early days..

It's like online heroin, isn't it?

Neonbob:

ae86gamer:

They've been on the decline since the summer. >_>

I'm just an addict with severe ADHD.

I have like sixty tabs open and I switch between them, updating the ones that require it every few seconds.

I came to seek the Holy Grail.

serious: Well, there are a lot of good people on this site. fun conversations are possible.
Maybe slightly addicted.

ae86gamer:

Neonbob:

ae86gamer:

They've been on the decline since the summer. >_>

Since the start o' schoolin.
*hugs*
They'll come back.

MaxTheReaper:
I'm just an addict with severe ADHD.

I have like sixty tabs open and I switch between them, updating the ones that require it every few seconds.

60?
I'm amazed your computer isn't on fire half the time!

Neonbob:

When you get on these forums, what do you expect?
Do you anticipate a good, intelligent thread to have popped up?
Are you simply looking forward to a bit of nonsense?
Or do you not care at all, and simply come here for the hell of it?

All of it. Whenever I get bored I like to hang out here, in the hope that intelligent threads pop up. I'm generally not specifically interested in a specific subject, but at least 1 in 5 threads here has something I can relate to, build on, think about or shed my light on.

I look for a more international perspective on topics.

News on the latest events, interesting topics, a bit of nonsense and to be entertained by Yahtzee.

Neonbob:

60?

I used to regularly keep 300+ open.

I stopped once I had read most of TV Tropes.
And quite a lot of my current tabs are research - weapons, armor, castles, battle tactics, effects of certain things on the human body, names for different styles of clothing, hair, facial features, et cetera.

I expect geekiness from people who don't randomly use racial slurs and extremely offensive comments as a form of amusement.

I also love watching the awesome forumers get as much amusement from trolls as the trolls do us.
(its a guilty pleasure, and I'd generally rather not have trolls, just to make that clear.)

MaxTheReaper:

Neonbob:

60?

I used to regularly keep 300+ open.

I stopped once I had read most of TV Tropes.

...what browser do you use?!
If I did that with mine, I'm pretty sure it'd make the RAM either explode or ignite when I accidentally hit "refresh all"

I come here for my "gamer fix", so I expect anything from nonsense to srs bizniz. I'm no longer in school...with gaming group that introduced me to the Escapist...so all I have left is the Escapist. Fun times though.

I like to have an intelligent conversation and especially on politics threads where i'm an absolute geek and nerd about that subject. However the absolutly nonsensical ones are fun to. One can always have too much intellectual discussion in their free time. Also the forums at one point in my day are garunteed to make me laugh.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked