Statistics Project Ideas Please!

I'm taking a statistics course and my cumulative project is to think of, design, and carry out a survey/experiment and I would like some suggestions for the topic.

***IMPORTANT***I am in a group with two girls, both very knowledgeable and hard-working, but they know nothing of video games or anything of the sort, so all related topics can't be used. =(

Other than that (and the obvious of appropriateness) the topic can be anything! And if anyone has suggestions on blocking/blinding/randomizing/etc it would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to be creative and crazy (within reason) and who knows? Your idea could become the project that I work on for the next two months!

Thanks in advance!

Get your own ideas you lazy fuck.

Errmm... Do something on how many people do something and how many people don't. Or something.

Wow... You didn't need to be so harsh...

I've thought of plenty of ideas on my own. I just thought that asking a community of FRIENDLY people on a board entitled "Off-topic Discussion" might yield some interesting and creative ideas that I hadn't considered.

If you don't want to help, don't post.

Think of something with people. Create an experiment to watch what they do.

Eh...do a survey on whether people consider censorship in the media to be okay and group them by age.

That's all I have.

Two possibilities: Take some correlative studies and finding the percentages of them are actually causation.

or,
find a correlation between ice cream sales and pool drownings.

Look for a correlation between population fluctuations of some common European species of butterfly and frequency/strength of hurricanes in the Caribbean over the last, I don't know, 30 years maybe? I always wanted to know whether the little wing-flappers really had something going on there. Better yet, do that for multiple species, so we can identify the fabled Quantum Weather Butterfly.

L_Lawliet:
Wow... You didn't need to be so harsh...

I've thought of plenty of ideas on my own. I just thought that asking a community of FRIENDLY people on a board entitled "Off-topic Discussion" might yield some interesting and creative ideas that I hadn't considered.

If you don't want to help, don't post.

Don't get so indignant. He was being polite by internet standars even without the slash through the words.

Anyway, shouldn't you do a survey about a topic and then decide what it suggests. Otherwise you're rigging/manipulating it which is not a very good practice. Do something about the sales of some kind of art project against the increase in its key demographic to show that people are being more/less expressive etc.

Walk around and whip it out to random people and take a poll to see how many got offended.

RyQ_TMC:
Look for a correlation between population fluctuations of some common European species of butterfly and frequency/strength of hurricanes in the Caribbean over the last, I don't know, 30 years maybe? I always wanted to know whether the little wing-flappers really had something going on there. Better yet, do that for multiple species, so we can identify the fabled Quantum Weather Butterfly.

Now THAT'S an interesting idea! I like Krudus' too. I plan to bring both up when my group meets tomorrow!

If anyone else has ideas, please post them.

My other personal favorite idea is asking people wheather they like Harry Potter or Twilight better, block by age and gender and a few random variables for fun.

Start a poll on the Escapist about something. Anything. Make sure there are enough options, and try to record results as often as possible. It can be about anything, race, gender, age, favorite type of something, or whatever.

Actually, be wary of that. If you do it wrong, you might come off as a troll, or nobody will take you seriously and you'll get garbage results. But then again, better here than 4chan.

I don't know, maybe like on how traditional gender roles are still imposed today. A survey on housework or something.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked