Error Code "0"

Ok, this one goes out to the IRC users here, I recently Switched to Trillian Astra and have had a run of trouble.

*** Connecting to irc.chatspike.net at port 6667 using SSL...
*** Connection to IRC has failed: system errorcode "0".

This is what i keep on getting, can anyone here help me?

Zeeky_Santos:
Ok, this one goes out to the IRC users here, I recently Switched to Trillian Astra and have had a run of trouble.

*** Connecting to irc.chatspike.net at port 6667 using SSL...
*** Connection to IRC has failed: system errorcode "0".

This is what i keep on getting, can anyone here help me?

Which version of Astra are you running?. And are you trying to connect via an iphone.

If you're on the PC did you try a re-install?.

Skarin:
Snip

Sorry man, tried that, didn't work, I am using trillian Astra Version 4 Build 119 on my PC. It hates me for some reason, god only knows, please can anyone else help me?

could it be because you have the ssl turned on and the server doesn't use ssl

Zeeky_Santos:

Skarin:
Snip

Sorry man, tried that, didn't work, I am using trillian Astra Version 4 Build 119 on my PC. It hates me for some reason, god only knows, please can anyone else help me?

Out of curiosity, are you using any special characters in your name, like "-" at the beginning. If you are, then you're not supposed to. Changing your name to some plain characters might fix the problem.

Sorry, I've tried it with SSL both on and Off, no effect.

Nope, don't have any characters other than plain text.

Zeeky_Santos:

Sorry, I've tried it with SSL both on and Off, no effect.

Nope, don't have any characters other than plain text.

the characters don't matter, irc allows stuff like the -.

i'm going to suggest trying another client, you can find a bunch of free ones that work very good and are easy to use

Sorry man, Changing IRC clients is the last thing I'm gonna do, after all, I know there is a logical way to fix this. this sorta thing happened to me the last time i switched clients (different error).

Are you running a third-party firewall by chance?

Nope, I am only running AVG free edition (has no firewall) and Windows firewall, Trillian is set to as an exception for that.

Zeeky_Santos:
Sorry man, Changing IRC clients is the last thing I'm gonna do, after all, I know there is a logical way to fix this. this sorta thing happened to me the last time i switched clients (different error).

hate to say this but sometimes that is the logical issue, especially if the program itself has a bug in it or is just all around bad software

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked