The Escapist Wallpaper Requests Thread - UPDATED 17/04/2013

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Introduction:

Inspired by the recent Wallpaper thread. One thing I've noticed on this site is that there are several threads, most notably the Holiday Council Thread, that deal with creating custom avatars for people by commision. Now, I'd like to take this one step further. As a member of this site I'm saddened to see that there aren't any threads for commisioning wallpapers for people. Now, I was lucky enough to be able to make my current wallpaper myself:

However, I've had this for a while and decided to go for a change. And so I figured it would be cool to have a unique wallpaper designed around a short story I wrote some time ago:

http://trivun.deviantart.com/art/Red-Riding-Hood-146431723

And yet, I have little to no experience with art (aside from the wallpaper I currently have, which was using a graphic design tool anyway). So if I try and make my custom wallpaper it'll just look pretty bad.

And I doubt I'm alone. The Holiday Council and other avatar creation threads have seen a lot of traffic and support, and are used extremely often (in fact, that's how I gained my current avatar). So why not do the same for wallpapers? I hence propose that this thread should become an open place for people to request their own wallpaper commisions and hopefully attract the best artists of The Escapist to make these dreams a reality.

Mission Statement:

If any artists here are interested in helping out and joining this new team, then please let me know and I can list you here. Anybody interested in commisioning a wallpaper should post in this thread and hopefully someone will be interested enough to make something for you.

NOW TAKING COMMISSIONS FOR ALL WALLPAPERS

Featured Artwork:

This is where any exceptionally good pieces that haven't been requested but have still been posted will go. All the pieces in this section are artworks that have been stated as free to use as wallpapers by the original artist.

Current Projects:

This will be updated as people request wallpapers and as artists agree to work on requests.

Finished Projects

Here is a complete rundown of all the projects thus far completed.

SPECIAL REQUESTS:

If anyone has a special request that they don't feel really fits in the general thread topic, then let me know, or let a member of the Artist List know, and I'll post it here for people to look at. In this section will be the finished works that have been specially commisioned, as well as a list of backlogged special requests for people to take a shot at.

Trivun:

ahh good old terragen :). i could help you with that. at the moment though my wallpapers just bog standard because i share my account. but yeah i have a good enough understanding of fireworks and photoshop. so sign me up :)

Who's Jenny, and why has she just signed in?

OT: I'm awful at stuff like that, but I like my current background of Blu team, so I don't mind.

This topic could take off.

factualsquirrel:

OT: I'm awful at stuff like that, but I like my current background of Blu team, so I don't mind.

Jenny is 'Fairee' from this site, and she's one of my contacts on MSN. And thanks :)

dark_taint92:

Trivun:

ahh good old terragen :). i could help you with that. at the moment though my wallpapers just bog standard because i share my account. but yeah i have a good enough understanding of fireworks and photoshop. so sign me up :)

Thanks for the support, I've added you to the list of interested artists :D

This sounds like a great idea. I'd love a custom wallpaper.

Mine is already just the way I like it, but I'd be interested to see what you guys come up with

Trivun:

factualsquirrel:

Jenny is 'Fairee' from this site, and she's one of my contacts on MSN. And thanks :)

dark_taint92:

Trivun:

Thanks for the support, I've added you to the list of interested artists :D

im no good with drawing anything by hand though.
photo edits, terragen, and things like that i can do though

dark_taint92:

No problem, that's perfectly fine :). If we can get enough people interested then we can cover all the bases anyway, regardless of what each different person is good at.

I'd love to get a custom wallpaper, but since my laptop crash I have no PhotoShoopDeWoop, so I won't be able to help. For now.

I'm interested! Can't put pen to paper to save my life and I don't own Photoshop, but I can do some pretty great things with simple old MS Paint. :D

ParadoxBG:
I'm interested! Can't put pen to paper to save my life and I don't own Photoshop, but I can do some pretty great things with simple old MS Paint. :D

Okay then, I'll add you to the list :D

Trivun, here's an epic link, which is dead now, but if it goes back up it has literally 1000s of wallpapers.

http://thebigwebsite.org/wg/

Sneaklemming:
Trivun, here's an epic link, which is dead now, but if it goes back up it has literally 1000s of wallpapers.

http://thebigwebsite.org/wg/

Thanks for that information :). However, this thread is specifically for people to request their own unique custom wallpapers. Thanks for the link though, if it goes back up I'll definitely try and have a look :D

Sooooooooo... Nobody else is interested in this idea?

I might be able to help on occasion, but with college, friends, and other things, I don't know how often I can.
If I can, I'll get back to you.

Oh, hey, in the spirit of the subject, anybody who feels they need a new background, take a look at this:

http://luckyboots.deviantart.com/art/Mystick-Toast-88867588

Hopefully helps :D

Interesting idea. I wouldn't be able to help at all but this intrigues me...
reg approves.

Radeonx:
I might be able to help on occasion, but with college, friends, and other things, I don't know how often I can.
If I can, I'll get back to you.

Great, no problem. I'll keep you in mind :D

So, isn't anybody else interested in this idea? Come on, people, you complain about unoriginal threads, you can at least try and support the actual original ones...

I could help. I frequently make sigs in Gimp at other forums, but I wouldn't say I was particularly good.

Wasder:
I could help. I frequently make sigs in Gimp at other forums, but I wouldn't say I was particularly good.

That's fine, it doesn't matter if you're brilliant or not, as long as you have some skills in some area that we could use. Hopefully we'll be able to get enough people interested so that all the bases are covered :)

Trivun:

Wasder:

That's fine, it doesn't matter if you're brilliant or not, as long as you have some skills in some area that we could use. Hopefully we'll be able to get enough people interested so that all the bases are covered :)

Ok, sign me up then. But don't be suprised if I suck a bit!

Wasder:

Trivun:

Wasder:

Ok, sign me up then. But don't be suprised if I suck a bit!

No worries, I've put you up on the list now :)

Sounds like a great idea.

Not really a arty guy but sign me up. I'm sure I can make something.

Aura Guardian:

That's really good, nice one :). That's exactly the sort of thing I'm after for this little project, people who can do work as good as that :D

I'll probaby be terrible, but I need something artistic to do...
And who knows, I may be Fanboy Jr!

Jedamethis:

Do you want me to add you to the list then? :)

Trivun:

Jedamethis:

Mmkay. I'd rather not scar myself by illustrating anything to do with your story though :D

Jedamethis:

Trivun:

Jedamethis:

Mmkay. I'd rather not scar myself by illustrating anything to do with your story though :D

No worries, that is some pretty heavy stuff, after all xD

I can help do wallpaper commissions.

and as far as your story, probably not but i'll contact you via dA and let you know after i read it.

aprilmarie:
I can help do wallpaper commissions.

and as far as your story, probably not but i'll contact you via dA and let you know after i read it.

Great, thanks for your support :D

I might try, I'm learning photoshop but I can make pretty interesting stuff in paint.net like my Twitter wallpaper

Trivun:

Aura Guardian:

That's really good, nice one :). That's exactly the sort of thing I'm after for this little project, people who can do work as good as that :D

Ehh. I'm not that good. Only when I'm bored.

Aura Guardian:

Trivun:

Aura Guardian:

Ehh. I'm not that good. Only when I'm bored.

That's also pretty good, though. Better than me, anyway, the most I can do when bored is doodle little drawings of funky sunglasses-wearing spiders in my notepad...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked