The Escapist Wallpaper Requests Thread - UPDATED 17/04/2013

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

I'm quite happy with mine. It reminds of of the good ol' days /b/.

Wasder:

aprilmarie:

Wasder:

I've not done many wallpapers (I make sigs), what size should it be?

Let me know if you can't do it, or if it gets to be too much, I can make an attempt at it

and to the OP, you really have no preference over the characters or anything?

You should probably go for it, I'm trying to write an essay at the moment.

Have you started anything on it? and fyi it will take at least a week just due to heavy work schedule this week.

aprilmarie:
Have you started anything on it? and fyi it will take at least a week just due to heavy work schedule this week.

A weeeek. Thats like 7 days! You work too fast!

Asturiel:

aprilmarie:

A weeeek. Thats like 7 days! You work too fast!

I'm estimating and looking at my work schedule just for the weekend I might be over estimating it

I actually feel slightly cheap now for requesting a wallpaper in the thread I started, but that said, I do reckon it's time for me to change mine. I've had my wallpaper for about a year now, after all...

Anyway, as some people know I'm currently working on writing a set of short stories that are all twisted versions of fairy tales and kid's stories. So what I'd like to request is basically my main characters in an ensemble with a dark backdrop to illustrate the dark setting for my work. Characters are as follows:

All the characters are around 18-20 years old. Also, they interact in the stories so that might need to be put across in the actual wallpaper:

Hopefully all that will help. If anyone can put together a wallpaper based on that I would be extremely grateful :)

EDIT: Red is the character in my avatar, by the way...

Wouldn't usually do this, but... bumpity bump :)

Just want to try and get more people involved and more people who want wallpapers to consider requesting them here :D

My background is my GF... Can't get much more unique or better than that.

Trivun:
I actually feel slightly cheap now for requesting a wallpaper in the thread I started, but that said, I do reckon it's time for me to change mine. I've had my wallpaper for about a year now, after all...

Anyway, as some people know I'm currently working on writing a set of short stories that are all twisted versions of fairy tales and kid's stories. So what I'd like to request is basically my main characters in an ensemble with a dark backdrop to illustrate the dark setting for my work. Characters are as follows:

All the characters are around 18-20 years old. Also, they interact in the stories so that might need to be put across in the actual wallpaper:

Hopefully all that will help. If anyone can put together a wallpaper based on that I would be extremely grateful :)

So, I'm guessing nobody wants to help me out here then?

Would one of you artists be so kind as to provide me with a nice BioShock wallpaper? Maybe using one of the numerous retro advertisements or maybe some of the characters.

Thanks in advance.

Trivun:

Trivun:

So, I'm guessing nobody wants to help me out here then?

I would love to, but I just don't have any real skills in drawing people. Sorry.

wouldyoukindly99:
Would one of you artists be so kind as to provide me with a nice BioShock wallpaper? Maybe using one of the numerous retro advertisements or maybe some of the characters.

Thanks in advance.

I can give this a try.

Sporky111:

No problem, hopefully someone else can take it up though :)

I need a new wallpaper which i want to be a 4 quater mixture with 1 quater full of video game chars 1 full of starwars/startrek/LOTR chars 1 quater full of comic book chars and the 4th full of warhammer chars only its not 4 straight quaters they should be sort of bluring together with the chars all fighting eachother coz thats what my time is like atm a constant battle between those 4 for what little spare time i have :(

Indecizion:
I need a new wallpaper which i want to be a 4 quater mixture with 1 quater full of video game chars 1 full of starwars/startrek/LOTR chars 1 quater full of comic book chars and the 4th full of warhammer chars only its not 4 straight quaters they should be sort of bluring together with the chars all fighting eachother coz thats what my time is like atm a constant battle between those 4 for what little spare time i have :(

Not sure I'll be able to manage that myself, since I'm mainly better at landscape design. However, one of the others should hopefully be able to sort something out :)

wouldyoukindly99:

Thanks in advance.

I didn't really know how to do a retro ad, so I stuck to what I'm good at. What do you think?

Sporky111:

wouldyoukindly99:

Thanks in advance.

I didn't really know how to do a retro ad, so I stuck to what I'm good at. What do you think?

Very nice job on that, I especially like the shadow of the Big Daddy. Thanks for that.

Indecizion:

hey Indecizion could you give me some info like if there's any specific character you want ?

dark_taint92:

Indecizion:

hey Indecizion could you give me some info like if there's any specific character you want ?

Um yeah, its an extremely complex piece before neone thinks of starting. im after the quaters to have chars on both sides attacking comming out of the center of their quater, um yeah it has to be quite big coz i have a 24 inch screen on my comp atm. um yeah Video game chars go the main ones Link, Gordon freeman, mario and luigi, duke nukem, max payne, Altair, alex mercer, lara croft,zelda(as Sheik , master chief, Gromm Hellscream, From the Startrek etc corner, go Piccard, Data, some borg, some romulans, Worf, Kirk, Spock, Lord elrond, Theoden, Legolas, Gimli, Smeagol, Borimir, a few rohanian horsemen and orks a ring wraith or two, Vader, Yoda, Ben kenobi, Boba fett, Storm trooper, A rebel pilot, AKBAR, um yeah warhammer chars are pretty straight forward mostly imperial but troops from all the 40K universe
comic book chars only batman from the DC universe else wise all marvel xmen, iron man, Hulk fantastic 4 capt america, thor, spiderman, silver surfer, War machine etc.
um yeah mix the chars around in the corners theyre in and yeah. :D

Indecizion:
snip

so let me get this straight you want characters from opposing factions attacking each other in there own area?

Indecizion:
-le snip-

just had an idea about this how about i put a couple of good guys from each category in the middle for you and then throw a load of bad guys around the edge's of it to show the struggle of good and evil?

dark_taint92:

Indecizion:
-le snip-

just had an idea about this how about i put a couple of good guys from each category in the middle for you and then throw a load of bad guys around the edge's of it to show the struggle of good and evil?

actualy yeah :P sounds better than my idea, wont be on again for almost a week :( gotta work etc, send me plans what ever and ill check it out when im on next.

Indecizion:

dark_taint92:

Indecizion:
-le snip-

actualy yeah :P sounds better than my idea, wont be on again for almost a week :( gotta work etc, send me plans what ever and ill check it out when im on next.

if your not on for a week i might aswell finish it and flick you an email wheni m done now im off to get started and find characters

little thing i made in terragen 5 mins ago

dark_taint92:

little thing i made in terragen 5 mins ago

Very nice :) I like the lighting effect there, really adds to the overall mood :D

Lost in the Void requested a Mass Effect background outside of the thread, but it turned out so well that I wanted to put it up. He wanted it to feature Garrus, and have a sort of "Join C-Sec" theme to it, as if it were a poster in the Citadel.

Sporky111:
Lost in the Void requested a Mass Effect background outside of the thread, but it turned out so well that I wanted to put it up. He wanted it to feature Garrus, and have a sort of "Join C-Sec" theme to it, as if it were a poster in the Citadel.

Definitely worth posting here, that's really good. It's making me want to get ME2 even more now :D

Made a little Terragen piece earlier today, if anybody wants to use it as a wallpaper then feel free:

i would love a tf2 wallpaper, all 9 are about to kill someone but are about to be killed as well....
so like a spy stabbing a engy that is killing a heavy, that sorta thing!
if someone does that ill help creating some i have my imac so it does a great job!!!!

001648:
i would love a tf2 wallpaper, all 9 are about to kill someone but are about to be killed as well....
if someone does that ill help creating some i have my imac so it does a great job!!!!

I'm trying to find a cheap or free download copy of Photoshop (because there's no way I'm paying nearly 500 that I can't even afford), so if I manage to then I'll give it a go. If I don't, then I'm certain somebody else will. Either way, thanks for the support :D

Trivun:

001648:

I'm trying to find a cheap or free download copy of Photoshop (because there's no way I'm paying nearly 500 that I can't even afford), so if I manage to then I'll give it a go. If I don't, then I'm certain somebody else will. Either way, thanks for the support :D

you want me to link you cs4?

dark_taint92:

Trivun:

001648:

you want me to link you cs4?

Can you? That would definitely be a major help, so yes please :D. I downloaded an old copy of CS2 the other day, took about four hours and after all that I found that the file I downloaded had everything except the actual 'Setup.exe' program to install it onto my computer... :(

Thanks very much :D

awesome cheers!
put me down interested to help mate!

001648:
awesome cheers!
put me down interested to help mate!

No problem, thanks for the support :)

As a quick favour, does anybody know where I can download a copy of Photoshop, preferably CS4? I've tried downloading CS2 and it didn't work, and since it costs almost 500 on the Adobe website I'm not getting it straight from there. I need someone to let me know if there's anywhere I can get it free or cheaper.

(apologies mods if this is against the rules, if so then let me know nd I'll be happy to change this post)

Trivun:
As a quick favour, does anybody know where I can download a copy of Photoshop, preferably CS4? I've tried downloading CS2 and it didn't work, and since it costs almost 500 on the Adobe website I'm not getting it straight from there. I need someone to let me know if there's anywhere I can get it free or cheaper.

(apologies mods if this is against the rules, if so then let me know nd I'll be happy to change this post)

Have you tried using GIMP?
It is a free Image Manipulation Software much like Photoshop, but of course it costs nothing.
I use it instead of saving up for Photoshop... costs too much...

Greyfox105:

Trivun:

Have you tried using GIMP?
It is a free Image Manipulation Software much like Photoshop, but of course it costs nothing.
I use it instead of saving up for Photoshop... costs too much...

I use GIMP as well. It works well enough, just be prepared to deal with some bugs and occasional crashes.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked