The Escapist Wallpaper Requests Thread - UPDATED 17/04/2013

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

001648:
i would love a tf2 wallpaper, all 9 are about to kill someone but are about to be killed as well....
so like a spy stabbing a engy that is killing a heavy, that sorta thing!
if someone does that ill help creating some i have my imac so it does a great job!!!!

Bad news, I tried to create a decent wallpaper based on your specifications, but my lack of experience with GIMP (which is what I used) ment the end result was pretty bad. Hopefully somebody else here will be able to come up with something great, though :)

Trivun:

001648:
i would love a tf2 wallpaper, all 9 are about to kill someone but are about to be killed as well....
if someone does that ill help creating some i have my imac so it does a great job!!!!

Bad news, I tried to create a decent wallpaper based on your specifications, but my lack of experience with GIMP (which is what I used) ment the end result was pretty bad. Hopefully somebody else here will be able to come up with something great, though :)

thanks for trying!!!
yeah hopefully someone can do it i reckon it would baddarse!!!

Dnaloiram:
I can do wallpapers:
http://dnaloiram.deviantart.com/art/Orbit-142114114
http://dnaloiram.deviantart.com/art/Waves-136772201

Great, shall I add you to the list on the opening post? I took a look a the liks, they are pretty damn good, especially Waves :D

001648:

Trivun:

001648:

thanks for trying!!!

Scratch that, while you were posting your comment I was on a train to Leeds and with nothing to do decided to have another crack at it. It's not brilliant, since it's the first work I've done with GIMP, but I hope you like it:

Trivun:

Dnaloiram:
I can do wallpapers:

Great, shall I add you to the list on the opening post? I took a look a the liks, they are pretty damn good, especially Waves :D

Yeah, add me. I might not have that much free time though.
I just made this as well:
http://dnaloiram.deviantart.com/art/Emergence-153418917
Also, don't check my earlier submissions on DeviantArt, I made those before I had Gimp, so I was stuck with MS Paint.

Dnaloiram:

Trivun:

Dnaloiram:
I can do wallpapers:

Great, shall I add you to the list on the opening post? I took a look a the links, they are pretty damn good, especially Waves :D

Yeah, add me. I might not have that much free time though.
I just made this as well:
http://dnaloiram.deviantart.com/art/Emergence-153418917
Also, don't check my earlier submissions on DeviantArt, I made those before I had Gimp, so I was stuck with MS Paint.

Great :). That one looks pretty good too, I've only just started using GIMP myself, which is what I used for the TF2 wallpaper that I made for 001648, above.

I'd like to suggest an idea:
On the OP, say who's wallpaper we're working on in a list. It would make it much easier to keep track of things.

Um, half bump, and half showing backgrounds.

Dnaloiram:
I'd like to suggest an idea:
On the OP, say who's wallpaper we're working on in a list. It would make it much easier to keep track of things.

That's actually a pretty good idea. I reckon if people PM me when they take on a request, then I can update the OP as and when necessary. Right now I don't think anyone's working on anything, though I could also put up details of current requests that are awaiting people to start work :).

Okay, I've now edited the opening post. It looks much tidier and has the extra information on as suggested by Dnaloiram, so it should be easier for people to navigate :).

I could use some help. It's along the lines of my avatar, a flickering Helghast, just a different image.

Again, I'd like the eyes and the trails of light leading from the eyes to remain illuminated while everything else fades to black. PM me with any other questions

theSovietConnection:
I could use some help. It's along the lines of my avatar, a flickering Helghast, just a different image.

Again, I'd like the eyes and the trails of light leading from the eyes to remain illuminated while everything else fades to black. PM me with any other questions

So do you mean you want it as an animation then, similar to your avatar? If so then I can't help as I have no Flash experience and little experience in GIMP, save for the TF2 wallpaper I did, above. However, I can check around and see if anyone else has the right skills to help you. I'll update the OP to advertise your project too.

Trivun:

Dnaloiram:
I can do wallpapers:

001648:

Trivun:

thanks for trying!!!

Scratch that, while you were posting your comment I was on a train to Leeds and with nothing to do decided to have another crack at it. It's not brilliant, since it's the first work I've done with GIMP, but I hope you like it:

wow that's a dam good shot for first time on gimp!!!
really appreciate your effort!

001648:

wow that's a dam good shot for first time on gimp!!!
really appreciate your effort!

Why,thank you very much for the compliment :). And you're welcome :D

is there an avatar version of this thread? i'd love a zero punctuation avatar to replace british pipe dog.

clutch-monkey:
is there an avatar version of this thread? i'd love a zero punctuation avatar to replace british pipe dog.

Yes, the Avatar Design Team. In fact, they came before this, they were a direct inspiration for me setting up this team. Someone on that team actually designed my avatar for me :). If you want wallpapers, come here. If you want an avatar, then the Avatar Design Team is the place to go. Here is the link:

Thread - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.126329-Avatar-Design-Team-Order-your-avatars-here-FREE

Hope this helps :D.

just had a read of your story left a comment...
brilliant!

Trivun:

Hope this helps :D.

it's exactly what i was looking for, of course it helps :p :D
awesome.

Generally I just use my photos I've taken which turned out well as backgrounds. Always get a fun nostalgic surge when I turn on my compy and the screen lights up!

My current Desktop, and yes; I know I should get to sleep. Gotta be up early tommor.. err, today too. Anyway:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/incipiency/

You're welcome to use em as well, or rather those I've thrown onto Flickr anyway. Got over 8 gig worth of pictures on my HD right now so there's a shitload I never uploaded. If you've any requests feel free to ask and I'll see what I've got tucked away and maybe I'll find something.

Pretty decent hand at touching the pictures up with GIMP as well.

Good idea for a topic, I wish you and anyone looking for a good wallpaper luck.

Trivun:
I actually feel slightly cheap now for requesting a wallpaper in the thread I started, but that said, I do reckon it's time for me to change mine. I've had my wallpaper for about a year now, after all...

Anyway, as some people know I'm currently working on writing a set of short stories that are all twisted versions of fairy tales and kid's stories. So what I'd like to request is basically my main characters in an ensemble with a dark backdrop to illustrate the dark setting for my work. Characters are as follows:

All the characters are around 18-20 years old. Also, they interact in the stories so that might need to be put across in the actual wallpaper:

Hopefully all that will help. If anyone can put together a wallpaper based on that I would be extremely grateful :)

EDIT: Red is the character in my avatar, by the way...

Heh, wow, you've given me something to think about drawing. If I do decide to go through with them, it won't be as a background, I'll be doing them as individual drawings.

I also wish I could read your short story, but I'm afraid I can't be assed to join up for it.

I hold no promises to the completion of these illustrations, but goddamnit I will try.

I may also add a commission later aswell, I'm kinda sick of rotating through all my computer images.

Insert Comedy Here:

Heh, wow, you've given me something to think about drawing. If I do decide to go through with them, it won't be as a background, I'll be doing them as individual drawings.

I also wish I could read your short story, but I'm afraid I can't be assed to join up for it.

I hold no promises to the completion of these illustrations, but goddamnit I will try.

I may also add a commission later aswell, I'm kinda sick of rotating through all my computer images.

Thanks for that :). Character illustrations was another thing I'd been thinking about anyway regarding the stories, though I couldn't find anyone to ask. As for reading the short stories, both parts one and two (so, Red Riding Hood and Hansel & Gretel) are on The Escapist as well, on the Writer's Union group chat or in the Short Story Thread. So if you want to read them they're pretty easy to find on here.

Please be advised that I am, in no way, talented at drawing, these character illustrations could take anywhere between a week, to a month, quite possibly never. I will make all attempts to finish this as the character designs you posted are interesting enough (Well, to me.) to put to paper.

I really just don't want people to get their hopes up for me to not deliver, so fair warning.

Insert Comedy Here:
Please be advised that I am, in no way, talented at drawing, these character illustrations could take anywhere between a week, to a month, quite possibly never. I will make all attempts to finish this as the character designs you posted are interesting enough (Well, to me.) to put to paper.

I really just don't want people to get their hopes up for me to not deliver, so fair warning.

No problem, if you don't finish it then no orries :). I dn't expect you to go out of your way just to finish a set of illustrations on my account. Thanks though, and if you do manage to do them then I look forward to seeing them :D.

Trivun:

Insert Comedy Here:

No problem, if you don't finish it then no orries :). I dn't expect you to go out of your way just to finish a set of illustrations on my account. Thanks though, and if you do manage to do them then I look forward to seeing them :D.

Just for note, this is not one of your characters, this is just what my drawing style is like.

Yes, the head is too big.

ADAM to whoever guesses what it is.

Insert Comedy Here:

Trivun:

Insert Comedy Here:

No problem, if you don't finish it then no worries :). I dn't expect you to go out of your way just to finish a set of illustrations on my account. Thanks though, and if you do manage to do them then I look forward to seeing them :D.

Just for note, this is not one of your characters, this is just what my drawing style is like.

Yes, the head is too big.

ADAM to whoever guesses what it is.

Hmmmmm, very odd eye, but otherwise that's pretty damn good :). The ADAM reference made me think Bioshock, but I haven't played it (would like to though) and from the characters that I do know of, none of them look like that (I highly doubt it's Bridget Tenenbaum or a Little Sister...). I can honestly say I have absolutely no idea who that is. Which is a shame. I wanted me some ADAM... (goes off to stalk Little Sisters)

Well now, I have been looking for a thread like this for a while. I have a request, if someone would be willing to take on the challenge.

As some of you who know me might remember, I am an avid fan of Coheed and Cambria.

Right now, I'm using a flow of different Coheed wallpapers on a five-minute cycle. I'm looking for a custom one to replace these, however.

What I'm looking for is simple; it must contain the keywork (my avatar), I'd enjoy the dragonfly in it if you could fit it. But the main focus should be on the lyrics. There are a few lines I love by this band.

From Time Consumer: "Debate to understand that we all have a flaw."
From Faint of Hearts: "Ooh, I'm not starting with you but the Faint of Heart."
From Backend of Forever: "But this isn't love, so forever let it go, forever let it burn."
From Favor House Atlantic: "Bye, bye, beautiful, don't bother to write."
From The Suffering: "So listen well, will you marry me?"

If these could be incorporated, it would be amazing. I'm thinking of the keywork in the background with the lyrics at different places around it and over it. Any angle is fine, they don't need to be straight up and down. As for a color scheme, I'm thinking of a black background with purple and white as the other colors.

I only have a very rough idea, so if anyone would like to take a stab at this, I would greatly appreciate it. Multiple layouts would be cool too, giving me something to compare and choose from.

Thank you a bunch guys.

Gxas:
Well now, I have been looking for a thread like this for a while. I have a request, if someone would be willing to take on the challenge.

As some of you who know me might remember, I am an avid fan of Coheed and Cambria.

Right now, I'm using a flow of different Coheed wallpapers on a five-minute cycle. I'm looking for a custom one to replace these, however.

What I'm looking for is simple; it must contain the keywork (my avatar), I'd enjoy the dragonfly in it if you could fit it. But the main focus should be on the lyrics. There are a few lines I love by this band.

From Backend of Forever: "But this isn't love, so forever let it go, forever let it burn."

If these could be incorporated, it would be amazing. I'm thinking of the keywork in the background with the lyrics at different places around it and over it. Any angle is fine, they don't need to be straight up and down. As for a color scheme, I'm thinking of a black background with purple and white as the other colors.

I only have a very rough idea, so if anyone would like to take a stab at this, I would greatly appreciate it. Multiple layouts would be cool too, giving me something to compare and choose from.

Thank you a bunch guys.

I've just started using GIMP, so I'll give it a go :). I have a busy few days ahead, but I should have a few designs done over the weekend for you to choose from.

Trivun:

Gxas:

Thank you a bunch guys.

I've just started using GIMP, so I'll give it a go :). I have a busy few days ahead, but I should have a few designs done over the weekend for you to choose from.

Thank you, my good sir.

I would absolutely love a pen and ink wallpaper of Billy Joel playing piano. Something simple, but I would like it to be influenced by this image of him:

If anybody could do this for me I would respect them forever.
Thank you.

BillyShakes:
I would absolutely love a pen and ink wallpaper of Billy Joel playing piano. Something simple, but I would like it to be influenced by this image of him:

If anybody could do this for me I would respect them forever.
Thank you.

I'm no good at pen and ink work myself, but I'll add it to the Current Projects section on the OP so that people can see that it needs doing, and hopefully someone will come along and take it up :)

More projects pending have been added to the OP, if anyone else out there wants to help with artwork :).

Gxas:

Here you are, I did three today so you can take your pick. If you want something better then don't hesitate to let me know and I'll do my best to come up with some even better designs :)

Take your pick, and I hope you like them :).

Roll Call, people...

We need somone who can do Flash animations or other animated images for a particular project. We also need somebody willing to try a pen and ink project that they can scan onto a PC and post for someone. Anybody willing to do either task, please post in the thread or PM me and I can give you more details (or simply read the requesting posts in the thread, or the OP...).

Updated the OP again, guys, so that people can now see all previous projects that have been completed. I'm aiming to continue working to keep this thread looking pretty neat and tidy, and easy to use, so it will be much easier for people to request wallpapers and for artists to take up requests now. Still on the lookout for people to help with the current pending requests though, as well as people who want to make any requests :).

Indecizion:

dark_taint92:

Indecizion:
-le snip-

just had an idea about this how about i put a couple of good guys from each category in the middle for you and then throw a load of bad guys around the edge's of it to show the struggle of good and evil?

actualy yeah :P sounds better than my idea, wont be on again for almost a week :( gotta work etc, send me plans what ever and ill check it out when im on next.

hey man sorry about the long delay my comp got a load of viruses had to start from scratch with everything had to totally reinstall.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked