The Escapist Wallpaper Requests Thread - UPDATED 17/04/2013

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

theSovietConnection:
I could use some help. It's along the lines of my avatar, a flickering Helghast, just a different image.

Again, I'd like the eyes and the trails of light leading from the eyes to remain illuminated while everything else fades to black. PM me with any other questions

I'll take this.

Sorry for the absence, Trivun. I've been so short on motivation for anything lately I didn't even look in. But, I'll try this out.

If I could take time away from my client projects I'd be all over this, but I just can't right now. I like doing custom stuff for people, but I do this for a living so it wouldn't be free.

Lotsa cut & paste stuff going on so far, not really impressed by anything yet...

Undercover:
If I could take time away from my client projects I'd be all over this, but I just can't right now. I like doing custom stuff for people, but I do this for a living so it wouldn't be free.

Lotsa cut & paste stuff going on so far, not really impressed by anything yet...

Hence the difference in quality. If the others here are anything like me, they're fitting this in between a lot of other things and don't have any proper experience. And lets face it, if it's not your job it's not going to be a top priority.

This is too small to use as a background (I was just messing about). I've got free time so I might have a crack at some requests tomorrow.

Sporky111:

theSovietConnection:
I could use some help. It's along the lines of my avatar, a flickering Helghast, just a different image.

Again, I'd like the eyes and the trails of light leading from the eyes to remain illuminated while everything else fades to black. PM me with any other questions

I'll take this.

Sorry for the absence, Trivun. I've been so short on motivation for anything lately I didn't even look in. But, I'll try this out.

No problem :). I've updated the OP anyway, I'm going to try and keep on top of that now and try to make it easier continuously for artists and requesters (no, that probably isn't a real word) to use the thread.

Trivun:
snip

you had a nosey at my wallpaper thats just the thumbnail when indecision wants it i'll send it him tick it off the list please :)

dark_taint92:

Trivun:
snip

you had a nosey at my wallpaper thats just the thumbnail when indecision wants it i'll send it him tick it off the list please :)

Already done, and I've added the picture to the 'Finished Projects' section :D.

Trivun:

dark_taint92:

Trivun:
snip

just need some more to do now :P

dark_taint92:

Trivun:

dark_taint92:

Trivun:
snip

just need some more to do now :P

Well, the Current Projects section has details of all projects currently being worked on or awaiting an artist, so anything new will go up on there. Saves you and everyone else from having to continuously scour the thread to find requests, so I just have to check back here every so often to see if any more requests have been made...

By the way, I changed my own wallpaper recently:

Of course, I'm still after the ensemble picture from my previous request, as detailed in an earlier post... :)

Ok, this is an improved version of the last thing I posted. This one is 640x400, and has a different fractal pattern. I also edited the lighting a tad and decided not to add a border.

But yeah, spare time today, if I get around to it, I might be helpful for a change.

Wasder:

Ok, this is an improved version of the last thing I posted. This one is 640x400, and has a different fractal pattern. I also edited the lighting a tad and decided not to add a border.

But yeah, spare time today, if I get around to it, I might be helpful for a change.

If you don't mind me saying, I actually prefer this one to the other, older one. True, the other one was still really good. However, this one just looks more streamlined, if that makes sense. The lack of a border looks much nicer, and having a different pattern and keeping it to one side makes it look a lot less cluttered, which works really well. Very nice piece of work :).

Wasder:

what program do you use for that pattern?
and shameless bump :P

dark_taint92:

Wasder:

what program do you use for that pattern?
and shameless bump :P

Agreed, I'd love to do work of that quality too but I don't have the right programs or anything to do so. Love to know how it was done... :)

So you're taking commissions? I 'm going to have to go find some images, see if someone can't make me a nice new background. Will edit this post when I know what i want.

Ok, is it possible to get a collection of some of my favourite anime charcters, sort of a cheerful background

I would quite like these (If the pictures aren't very good to use, I can find new ones. A nice cherry blossom backdrop or something like that would be good, but I don't really mind. As for the arrangement of characters, that doesn't matter either, whatever the creator thinks best. Thanks if someone can take it on.

Here's Red.

Insert Comedy Here:
Here's Red.

Very nice :). You have a point about it not being very gothic, but I'm not one to nitpick, and I really like that :D. Muchos Gracias and all that jazz...

razer17:
So you're taking commissions? I 'm going to have to go find some images, see if someone can't make me a nice new background. Will edit this post when I know what i want.

Ok, is it possible to get a collection of some of my favourite anime charcters, sort of a cheerful background

I would quite like these (If the pictures aren't very good to use, I can find new ones. A nice cherry blossom backdrop or something like that would be good, but I don't really mind. As for the arrangement of characters, that doesn't matter either, whatever the creator thinks best. Thanks if someone can take it on.

I'll take this up, shouldn't take me very long at all :D. Expect it done by the end of tomorrow, at the latest (though it may be quite late tomorrow night since I have various things on, and a friend's birthday). Either way, Thursday morning is the very latest that it'll be complete by :D.

Good idea. If people would like, I can do black and white drawings for them. My Photoshop skills are decent enough, but I'm quite capable of drawing desktop-sized images. Theoretically I could color them properly as well, but it takes too damn long. So if anyone's interested in any sort of large black and white drawing for their wallpaper, let me know. I'll see what I can do :D

Yokai:
Good idea. If people would like, I can do black and white drawings for them. My Photoshop skills are decent enough, but I'm quite capable of drawing desktop-sized images. Theoretically I could color them properly as well, but it takes too damn long. So if anyone's interested in any sort of large black and white drawing for their wallpaper, let me know. I'll see what I can do :D

Brilliant, thanks :D. I'm about to edit the OP anyway, so shall I add you to the main list of people who want to help while I'm at it?

EDIT: Oh, by the way, there is someone who's requested a drawing as their wallpaper. BillyShakes is after a Billy Joel portrait, in pen and ink, so would you be able to cover that for him? No worries if you can't, but it would be a great help, and thanks again for the support :D.

Trivun:

Yokai:

Brilliant, thanks :D. I'm about to edit the OP anyway, so shall I add you to the main list of people who want to help while I'm at it?

EDIT: Oh, by the way, there is someone who's requested a drawing as their wallpaper. BillyShakes is after a Billy Joel portrait, in pen and ink, so would you be able to cover that for him? No worries if you can't, but it would be a great help, and thanks again for the support :D.

Yes, please do! I'll try to keep track of the requests on this thread. And I'll see what I can do about that BJ portrait.

Yokai:

Trivun:

Yokai:

Yes, please do! I'll try to keep track of the requests on this thread. And I'll see what I can do about that BJ portrait.

Thanks :D. And whenever any changes are made, like new requests or completed pictures, I'll add them to the OP anyway, so really you should just keep an eye on that. Makes my life more interesting keeping track of things, and keeps the thread tidier and easier to navigate :).

razer17:

Here you go, let me know if you like it, or if not then I'll try and come up with something better :D.

Hope you like it :).

I just did this in GIMP as a sort of side thing, since I was basically bored. Needs a little fine-tuning, but otherwise I'm happy (it's gotten two Favourite tags in Deviant Art within ten minutes of putting it up there, which is a roaring success by my book).

Elfen Lied was the first anime I ever got into And besides, Lucy looks really cute when she's on a mass murder spree. What does that say about me that I find a mass-murdering psycho anime character attractive?

Awesome idea! I will take anything that is epic *cringe* or awesome!

If Zemalac is available, I wouldn't mind a drawing of Derlan doing somehting Derlan-ish(he will know what that means!)

Shapsters:

If Zemalac is available, I wouldn't mind a drawing of Derlan doing somehting Derlan-ish(he will know what that means!)

Okeydokey, I'll see if he's available to do anything and let him know :D.

Trivun:

Shapsters:

Okeydokey, I'll see if he's available to do anything and let him know :D.

Ya just mention Shapsters and Derlan and he will know!

Wasder:

*OOHHHH snip*

Very beautiful, mind telling me how you did that?

So I'm quite into Guinness and love Bioshock so I'd be real grateful to anyone who can magically merge the two together (it can be someone drinking Guinness or a Guinness ad in Rapture I don't know I'm not spectacularly creative in this field). To show my current wallpaper:

I did it myself *smiles proudly* in MS Paint. And tried it with numerous different beers. But only this one did it for me really (arms are from a wallpaper for Resident Evil Extinction).

So if anyone could help me out that'd be great.

Sure. I'll give you guys some practice. :)

Chances are, if you know me on here, you'll know I'm rather fond of the F-14 Tomcat.
My current background?

My normal resolution is 1920x1080, so this pic doesn't actually fit all the way to the edges. But I don't mind, because it means that there's a little bit of room for my icons.

So my challenge is this, if someone chooses to undertake it.
Somehow, you're to make it better.
This is a challenge because I'm not setting any real parameters for what I want you to do... Just have fun with it. :)
(This also means that I don't mind if I don't get priority above others who seem to need a new background. I'd just like to see what some of you guys come up with.)

theSovietConnection:

I really have a lot for you guys to go on here, sorry i just know exactly how i want it to look. What i have in mind is a colossal starship breaking through a dust cloud nebula i mean seriously make this absolutely monolithic, try and make the scale come to the fore. If you can, frame a universe in the background. The ship is called the "Furious Abyss" just google it for how it should look, maybe cut the pointy things coming out of the top if you can.

Thanks in advance, i know this is a quite challenging work. Dont worry if you think its too demanding.

Sporky111:
*SNIP*

You kick epic amounts of ass my dear friend, and as such deserve equally ass-kicking cookies

I've updated the OP again with the new requests and new work that's been completed. I've also applied to create a dedicated Escapist Artist group on Deviant Art, for everyone to share their work on that site, so more news on that as and when it arrives.

somedude98:
I really have a lot for you guys to go on here, sorry i just know exactly how i want it to look. What i have in mind is a colossal starship breaking through a dust cloud nebula i mean seriously make this absolutely monolithic, try and make the scale come to the fore. If you can, frame a universe in the background. The ship is called the "Furious Abyss" just google it for how it should look, maybe cut the pointy things coming out of the top if you can.

Thanks in advance, i know this is a quite challenging work. Dont worry if you think its too demanding.

I'll give this a go, but don't expect it very soon, sorry. I have a lot of work to catch up on over the next few days, plus it's a friend's birthday tonight. However, I'll get to work on your request when I get the chance :). Haven't read the Horus Heresy books myself, though I've heard they're pretty damn good...

notyouraveragejoe:
So I'm quite into Guinness and love Bioshock so I'd be real grateful to anyone who can magically merge the two together (it can be someone drinking Guinness or a Guinness ad in Rapture I don't know I'm not spectacularly creative in this field). To show my current wallpaper:

I did it myself *smiles proudly* in MS Paint. And tried it with numerous different beers. But only this one did it for me really (arms are from a wallpaper for Resident Evil Extinction).

So if anyone could help me out that'd be great.

Same as above, I'll give this a try too, though with two projects to work on then it'll take quite a while before they're both done. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait :D.

And as a final thing, I changed my own wallpaper again last night:

http://us.media.blizzard.com/starcraft2/images/artwork/ss107-hires.jpg

i first drafted on paper but then i copied it onto MS paint and it was for SCII artwork and it made it! Anyone can use it.

Oh btw im interested to being one of the team helpers if there is more room.

Ok guys, about the wallpaper; The first one was made using the fractal thingy on GIMP. The second one however, I cheated a little. After many mugs of coffee and much messing around, I found I couldn't get it to look right, so I used a google search and lo and behold, first page I found this:

Now, I added this as a new layer, set black to transparent and recolourised it.

I feel so dirty.

Oh and im wondering if u could tell me any good painting Microsoft cuz the one i have cant make the good colors i want.

XxdragicexX:
http://us.media.blizzard.com/starcraft2/images/artwork/ss107-hires.jpg

i first drafted on paper but then i copied it onto MS paint and it was for SCII artwork and it made it! Anyone can use it.

Oh btw im interested to being one of the team helpers if there is more room.

Great piece, very nice work :). And there's always room for more artists, so I've added you to the list on the OP.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked