The Escapist Wallpaper Requests Thread - UPDATED 17/04/2013

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

I've just managed to create a Deviant Art group for artists on The Escapist. The point is just to give a communal space on the site for us all to share our work and share our favourite pieces done byothers. The link is here:

http://the-escapist-artists.deviantart.com/

Anybody who wants to join, just go ahead and do so :D.

Trivun:
Cut for length[/spoiler]

Thanks a ton for taking the project on. Good luck and really its a great idea this.

notyouraveragejoe:

Trivun:
Cut for length[/spoiler]

Thanks a ton for taking the project on. Good luck and really its a great idea this.

No problem, a pleasure to help :). As I say, I have other commitments though, so expect it to be finished sometime near the end of the week.

Trivun u joined Deviant and when i posted my SCII it already got 3 favs O.o

Oh btw i cant request a join to the group for some reason

XxdragicexX:
Trivun u joined Deviant and when i posted my SCII it already got 3 favs O.o

Oh btw i cant request a join to the group for some reason

No worries, I'll send an invite directly to you :). And as for the favourites, that happens pretty often when people first post stuff. See, the newest deviations always get featured straight away on the homepage to subscribed devaints (i.e. people who pay for extras) so if you're lucky you might get a few people comment or favourite instantly, before it disappears among all the other stuff there.

Right, so I recently said that I would take on a request I'll be referring to as the Furious Abyss Project. As part of that, I need to create (or use an existing background of) a dust cloud nebula. Since I don't particularly want to steal a background from the internet to use, I'll be creating one myself. So I thought it would be prudet to get to grips with the Fractals tool on GIMP. So I ended up making an image, which is now my own new wallpaper (I just keep chopping and changing...) based on Hellsing uing the Fractals skills I have acquired. Here is the wallpaper I made for myself:

The reason for posting this now is so that you guys can see an example of my own fractal work before I make any major progress with the Furious Abyss Project. I've already begun it and hope to finish it by tonight, if not then it'll be tomorrow evening potentially.

somedude98:
I really have a lot for you guys to go on here, sorry i just know exactly how i want it to look. What i have in mind is a colossal starship breaking through a dust cloud nebula i mean seriously make this absolutely monolithic, try and make the scale come to the fore. If you can, frame a universe in the background. The ship is called the "Furious Abyss" just google it for how it should look, maybe cut the pointy things coming out of the top if you can.

Thanks in advance, i know this is a quite challenging work. Dont worry if you think its too demanding.

Here you go, hope it's up to scratch. If not, feel free to let me know and I'll try again from a different approach, or get someone else on it. It was slightly let down by the fact that I could only find two pictures of the Abyss on Google Images, and only one of them was any good for me to use (i.e. looked half decent). Hopefully this will be pretty good though...

As I say, let me know your thoughts, good or bad :).

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Over on the Deviant Art group for The Escapist Artists, I was informed that a particular member, XxdragicexX, had in fact been plagiarising the work of several Blizzard artists and passing it off as his own original work. Several people had commented 'his' art on the site making these claims, and I was informed via PM on DA by a particular Escapist user (who shall remain anonymous unless he wishes otherwise) of this deceit. A quick Google search was enough to confirm these suspicions, and he was removed from the group. I have also reported him to the DA administrators for plagiarism.

XxdragicexX has now been removed from the main artist list here as well, and 'his' art removed from the Featured Art section on the OP. I have not reported him to the Escapist moderators as he has not broken any rules of this site. However, I wish to make it clear now that any, and I mean ANY, artists on this thread who are found to have stolen and plagiarised the work of other artists, will be immediately reported to the moderators of any art site they frequent and will have any and all artwork of theirs on this thread removed. I will also ask the mods to remove any art they have submitted to this thread too.

I will not condone plagiarism. There is a big difference between using someone else's work, and passing it off as your own. You may claim there is little to distinguish between XxdragicexX's deception and the fact that I use other artists' work in my own wallpapers. However, I make no claim to own any of the work I use, and I make it clear that I am merely putting together a selection of the work of other, better artists. Plagiarism is the act of actually attempting to claim somebody else's work as yours. This is unacceptable, and will be dealt with severely.

I thank you for reading this, and hopefully none of you will have had any actual need to have done so.

Update again! I've completed another project, the Furious Abyss for somedude98. Also, there are still some projects that still need artists. With the ejection of XxdragicexX from the thread, we still need somebody skilled to put together a wallpaper for TriGGeR_HaPPy based around the F-14 Tomcat (as seen in his post, on Page 5 of the thread). Here are all the projects currently ongoing, including those that still need an artist to work on them. If anyone wants to help, please let me know and pick something from the list.

Don't forget, we're still taking requests from anyone :).

I am extremely happy that this is finally over, this has to be one of the longest requests I've ever done. It sounded easy, but getting the angles on the adverts just right was pretty damn tough and tedious...

Trivun:
I am extremely happy that this is finally over, this has to be one of the longest requests I've ever done. It sounded easy, but getting the angles on the adverts just right was pretty damn tough and tedious...

Thank you so much. This is absolutely awesome. I love it. Thanks a ton.

notyouraveragejoe:

Trivun:

Thank you so much. This is absolutely awesome. I love it. Thanks a ton.

No problem, glad to have helped :). It took a long time to do, but I'm really pleased personally at how well it turned out...

I am messing around with TriGGer_HaPPy's request, I should have something soon.

Wasder:
I am messing around with TriGGer_HaPPy's request, I should have something soon.

Brilliant, thanks for doing that :D

I think it's ok, but bear in mind I'm sobering up still from a night out, so be kind! I'll see how crap it is in the morning.

Ok, something slightly different but I think it might be appreciated here

What do you guys think of this sig I made for myself for another forum?

I'd like to make a request.

But more of an oil painted look.

Wasder:

Ok, something slightly different but I think it might be appreciated here

What do you guys think of this sig I made for myself for another forum?

Alot easier to do sigs isn't it? >.< These things are too big.

Anyway

TriGGeR_HaPPy:

Blah... Tomcat... Blash (Kidding)

Well I started this before I saw Wasders post so...

Smagmuck08:
I'd like to make a request.

But more of an oil painted look.

Oh and heres something I did a while ago.

Both images and links are saved here:

http://shadethegame.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=8243834

Darktau:
Snip

Thank you, I'll handle the cropping.

Smagmuck08:

Darktau:
Snip

Thank you, I'll handle the cropping.

It's fixed (Thank you imagevenue)

EDIT: Now it is actually fixed! (Also, I have no idea what an oil painting looks like, so umm thats whatcha got :P)

Trivun:

You may want to make/get a better render of that ship ;P

Darktau:

Trivun:

Believe me, I wish I could. Sadly, that was the only pictureof such a ship that I could find on Google Images, and I lack the drawing skills to make a better one myself. If anyone wishes to help me with this then tat would begreat, until then it's stuck like this I'm afraid :(.

Oh, and I've done all the updating now on the OP, so everything is up to date hopefully :D.

Trivun:

Darktau:

Trivun:

Believe me, I wish I could. Sadly, that was the only pictureof such a ship that I could find on Google Images, and I lack the drawing skills to make a better one myself. If anyone wishes to help me with this then tat would begreat, until then it's stuck like this I'm afraid :(.

Oh, and I've done all the updating now on the OP, so everything is up to date hopefully :D.

If you could compile me the source pictures (Or source file if its with GIMP or Photoshop) I can de-edge it for you.

Darktau:

Trivun:

Darktau:

If you could compile me the source pictures (Or source file if its with GIMP or Photoshop) I can de-edge it for you.

Could you? That would be brilliant, thanks :). I can either send you the source file by email, since it was done in GIMP, or you can save the picure to your own computer using the 'Save Picture As...' tool, and do it through that. Thanks loads or this, much appreciated :D

BillyShakes:
I would absolutely love a pen and ink wallpaper of Billy Joel playing piano. Something simple, but I would like it to be influenced by this image of him:

If anybody could do this for me I would respect them forever.
Thank you.

Ok I have three images for you, not sure if one of them is the same billy joel, but whatever theres three anyway :P.

(Click the thumbnail to open)

As usual all links are kept on my site:

Trivun:

Darktau:

Trivun:

Could you? That would be brilliant, thanks :). I can either send you the source file by email, since it was done in GIMP, or you can save the picure to your own computer using the 'Save Picture As...' tool, and do it through that. Thanks loads or this, much appreciated :D

Source File Please :)

A little messing around using the flame render on GIMP

Darktau:

Trivun:

Source File Please :)

Okay then, I'll need your email address to send it to you then :)

Darktau:

BillyShakes:
I would absolutely love a pen and ink wallpaper of Billy Joel playing piano. Something simple, but I would like it to be influenced by this image of him:

Thank you.

Ok I have three images for you, not sure if one of them is the same billy joel, but whatever theres three anyway :P.

Not exactly what I was thinking of, but thank you very much all the same.

BillyShakes:

Darktau:

BillyShakes:

Thank you.

Not exactly what I was thinking of, but thank you very much all the same.

Feel free to expand more on what you were thinking of and I can give it a go.

Here is an improved version of Furious Abyss, with an altered background and an improved and sharpened ship:

My thanks and credit go to Darktau for the improved ship :D.

Trivun:
Here is an improved version of Furious Abyss, with an altered background and an improved and sharpened ship:

Hah I thought the render I did had screwed up, but apparently not :D, looking good ;)

This is the result of me messing around with transparency, I don't really like the result though.

I'll just take this as an excuse to show off some wallpapers and stuff I did for the Assassin's Creed hype-boosting fansite 2 years ago.

Mostly just messing around with the cropping and effects tools.

Darktau:

Trivun:

Hah I thought the render I did had screwed up, but apparently not :D, looking good ;)

Thanks :D. And yeah, your render was pretty good, really improved the ship image and made the whole thing look much nicer, so well done there :).

Did this today when bored, just a little practice of the fractals tool and 'sparks' tool on GIMP:

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked