Weird-Ass Facts

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Did you know.....

A platypus has venomous spines on its body.

If you cut the head off a giraffe, due to the amount of blood pressure, the resulting spurt of blood would shoot 3m in the air (makes you think who had the time to find that out.. :s)

Before George Washington had a set of wooden teeth he had a pair made of hippo's teeth.

And Mel Blanc the voice of Bugs Bunny was allergic to carrots.

So yeah...anyone else got any weird facts?

The dog from Frasier's real name was Moose?

It is legal for women to be topless in New York (The city, I don't know aboot the state so don't try until you are sure) based on the constitutional amendment that says laws don't discriminate.
Also, to add to the OP's fact aboot Mel Blanc, they actually had a tub for him to spit the carrots he chewed into because they couldn't get anything else to sound right.

Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
Prepare for NamlessGuy to welcome you though.

Did you know that a tick bite is actually a sting?

79% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

NuclearPenguin:
No, I dont.
Prepare for NamlessGuy to welcome you though.

We shall see.

Naa, not really.

There are only 3 types of snakes in the English wild, and only one of them is poisonous....

Not really weird though...

Cat piss glows under a black light.

Human birth control pills work on gorillas

That's all I've got =/

somelameshite:

That's all I've got =/

..People actually tested those things?!

Jokermonster:
Did you know.....

If you cut the head off a giraffe, due to the amount of blood pressure, the resulting spurt of blood would shoot 3m in the air (makes you think who had the time to find that out.. :s)

Before George Washington had a set of wooden teeth he had a pair made of hippo's teeth.

And Mel Blanc the voice of Bugs Bunny was allergic to carrots.

He wasn't allergic, he just didn't like the taste, but no other vegtable he ate sounded like a carrot when chomped on, so he had to spit the chewed carrot in a bucket while doing his dub.

Male Koala bears have a bifurcated penis, and female Koala bears have 2 vagina's.

AkJay:
Male Koala bears have a bifurcated penis, and female Koala bears have 2 vagina's.

..No.. I didnt want to know that

dimensione510:

43% actually

NuclearPenguin:

somelameshite:

That's all I've got =/

..People actually tested those things?!

Yeah...

Here's some more

Slugs have 4 noses.
The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
All polar bears are left handed.
An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

Nikola Tesla had a pigeon he loved like a wife.
Edit: The guy who made Ikea was once a fascist. He actually went to a Nazi party meeting after WW2.

Jokermonster:
Did you know.....

They arent spines its back claws are venomous, also the platypus bill is so sensitive to electrical current that it can sense the electrical impulses in a human muscle...if they could climb we would be screwed.

They just measured the amount of pressure the giraffes heart exerted on the blood.

His teeth where never wood they were carved from hippo bones not made from there teeth.

OT: Sharks are dangerous from the womb a scientist studying a pregnant shark was preforming surgery on one and reported being bitten by the Fetus.

somelameshite:

All polar bears are left handed.

Not true, all polar bears are ambidextrous.

keybird:

dimensione510:

43% actually

Really? i heard it was 84%

Ostridges eyes are bigger than there brains.

The number of the beast is 616, not 666. That's according to the earliest transcipts.

Alcohol doesn't kill brain cells

Cockroaches would be one of the first creatures to die in a nuclear war.

All taken from the Book of General Ignorance.

Necrophelia is not a federal offense

As of 2004, there was an Island in the UK where it was/is technically legal to shot Scottsmen with crossbows

coxafloppin:

keybird:

dimensione510:

43% actually

Ostridges eyes are bigger than there brains.

9 out of 10 people know it's 69%

The smallest nation in the world is the principality of sealand...an abandoned naval base off the coast of England described as a micro-nation inhabited by one man and his immediate family.

They have there own currency, passports and national anthem and the whole thing is 550m squared.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand

dimensione510:

Forfty percent of all people know that

I have been informed by a friend that in Alaska there is a law that simply states "Clown's Beware"

In New York City, approximately 1,600 people are bitten by other humans every year.

Left-handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right-handed individuals.

A snail can sleep for 3 years.

The longest word in the English language is 1909 letters long and it refers to a distinct part of DNA.

In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

Babies are born without knee caps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.

Feb 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.

Butterflies taste with their feet.

Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula". And can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, "L.A.".

The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.

Dimetrodon was actually a mammal-like reptile, and could have been our ancestor.
There are more cells in your body that aren't yours than the ones that are.

The closest animal relative to a Sea Manitee is an Elephant.

Termites make the most elaborate structures of the animal kingdom

The most dangerous wasp of all is the Japanese Hornet.

A Tardigrade can go into suspended animation for an undisclosed period making them possibly the oldest living creatures on earth, much longer than the Giant Tortoise.

Love the Sealand one! It just reminds me a little of the Republic of Dave from Fallout 3.

Oh, almost forgot one!

The oldest a part of a human body can possibly be is approximately 8 years old, so we never get older than 8 on a cellular level.

Icy Lemon:
The number of the beast is 616, not 666. That's according to the earliest transcipts.

Alcohol doesn't kill brain cells

Cockroaches would be one of the first creatures to die in a nuclear war.

All taken from the Book of General Ignorance.

Greatest book ever ^_^

somelameshite:

That's all I've got =/

I've got a combo - human birth control pills apparently work on cats as well.

A cat's penis is barbed so it can stay in the female cat. That's why it sounds so painful when they mate.

Gold fish have memory spans of 3 seconds

Peanuts are one of the ingredients in Dynamite.

Cats have 32 muscles in each ear.

Julianking93:

Actually its more like 3 weeks, it was tested over a week someone trained a goldfish to solve a simple maze and two weeks later it apparently forgot how to get through.

Julianking93:

Mythbusters disproved that.

Uber Evil:

Julianking93:

Mythbusters disproved that.

darkless:

Julianking93:

Actually its more like 3 weeks, it was tested over a week someone trained a goldfish to solve a simple maze and two weeks later it apparently forgot how to get through.

2 quotes in 2 minutes? Wow.

Never watch mythbusters and I just read that off a website.

Octopi dont have tentacles they have 8 cephalopod arms, tentacles dont have suction cups.

Unless it is looking at its arms an octopus has no idea where they are or what they are doing.

EDIT: Squid brains are ring shaped with a hole in the middle which its throat passes through, so if a squid swallows something even slightly larger than its throat it can kill itself by crushing its own brain.

coxafloppin:

keybird:

dimensione510:

43% actually

Wait a sec... is this irony?

OT: I don't have anything I'm afraid. Sorry....

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked